Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Js1997

I've gort na coiribe booked for September, does anyone know do many first years stay there?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MessiHutz

Where would people recommend getting a house for 2nd year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

MessiHutz wrote: »
    Where would people recommend getting a house for 2nd year?

Newcastle, or thereabouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

Js1997 wrote: »
    I've gort na coiribe booked for September, does anyone know do many first years stay there?

Not too many IIRC. They mostly stick to Corrib Village, Dun aras, Lisdonagh and maybe also Center Point.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Js1997 wrote: »

Usually just 2nd years in Gort in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 JamesON12

Hey everyone! I'm going to be starting in September with the engineering program as an international student from the US. I've absolutely no idea where to start with looking for accommodations! I know I don't want to do the housing through the school since I'm so much older than a typical first year (I'm 30). Any recommendations? I've no problem living with people who are younger, as I normally gravitate towards a younger crowd anyways, I just definitely need my own room for sure. Open to sharing a house or flat, and won't have a car.

Thanks so much!

Hey there,

I am looking for accommodation too, going to be starting a masters in September and just looking for a few roomies as it seems to be tough to get decent accommodation just for 1 !

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Aarondrq

Hi, I'm a 21 year old second year student in NUIG and looking for roomates to share a house with this September. I've already teamed up with one girl but we'd need at least 3 or 4 to get a decent house. PM me or reply if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 saoirse23

Aarondrq wrote: »
    Hi, I'm a 21 year old second year student in NUIG and looking for roomates to share a house with this September. I've already teamed up with one girl but we'd need at least 3 or 4 to get a decent house. PM me or reply if you're interested.

Hi,my son is 21,going into fourth yr,was supposed to be sharing with some mates but didn't work out so he's looking for someone to share with now.Are you sorted.I can give you email address

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭KOB33

20yo going into first year arts this year, will be looking for private accommodation. If anyone needs an extra person for booking with feel free to message me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OddlySane

Hi, I'm 21yr old girl heading into 3rd year NUIG, and looking for about 3 roommates for the academic year :) I've found a couple houses already, so please PM if you're looking for a room :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Theres a room available sharing with 2 girls and 1 lad near Eyre Square. Final Years only. PM for more deatils

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Under_Graduate

Does anyone know what the best place to look is in terms of renting a room.

I've been checking daft.ie which seems okay but limited.

I understand the galway advertiser used to be good, but is that still the go to place to look?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 speechie1991

Two final year students looking for others to team up with for house share. PM if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 23 skankrandy

Hi, I'm going to be on the MA in writing at NUIG in September. Any advice about accommodation this late in the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

Hi guys, is Daft.ie still the place for advertising rental houses for students or has another website taken over? I'm posting an ad for my parents but am finding very little on daft.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭rankingelite

Final Year student, looking to team up with others. PM if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,019 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

robman60 wrote: »
    Hi guys, is Daft.ie still the place for advertising rental houses for students or has another website taken over? I'm posting an ad for my parents but am finding very little on daft.

Id imagine the Advertiser classifieds is still a big go to for many students, and many traditional landlords.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Iamtheduchess

Hi, I'm hoping to receive an offer for medicine on Monday, but I don't have any accommodation booked. I called the office and got a number for a landlady with a room in Newcastle, but I'd honestly prefer to stay in student accommodation for the social aspect. I'd only be really happy with a single-ensuite room. If anyone has any advice/suggestions I'd be more than delighted. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Gallagher1

Hi, I'm hoping to receive an offer for medicine on Monday, but I don't have any accommodation booked. I called the office and got a number for a landlady with a room in Newcastle, but I'd honestly prefer to stay in student accommodation for the social aspect. I'd only be really happy with a single-ensuite room. If anyone has any advice/suggestions I'd be more than delighted. Thanks

Corrib Village always has a few cancellations but you have to be in like a hawk to avail of places(you have to be on the waiting list I think), and you wouldn't be guaranteed a single or ensuite room. I'd imagine it's the same in Dunaras or wherever else other first years stay. If push comes to shove you might have to accept accommodation outside your ideal preferences because you have left it till now. Hope it all works out

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Scone0

19 year old first year student looking for 2 or 3 others to rent a house, anybody interested?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 aaronmcc1231

Scone0 wrote: »
    19 year old first year student looking for 2 or 3 others to rent a house, anybody interested?

Yeah I'd be interested, 18 year old going into first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shaunaobrienn

Hey 19 year old also interested if youre still looking? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 niamhiemaria

I'm a mature med student looking for accommodation in close proximity to NUIG. If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭noah45

In serious need of accommodation for my daughter in 2nd year. Absolutely nothing available and so many at every viewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

Just booked a place in the Kinlay Hostel for first semester, anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Just booked a place in the Kinlay Hostel for first semester, anyone else?

Yeah I did aswell went to it Sunday its a grand place right next to eyre square and the train/bus station :D

Ill see you there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Ill see you there :D

I'm just praying my roommates are sound haha

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

room available to share with three lads going into second year. House is located near Dunaras.PM if you're interested and I can give you details.

• Advertisement

I'm just praying my roommates are sound haha

Same :D

Advertisement