Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Shreddeez

On the waiting list for corrib, what are my chances of getting in at this stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭2thousand14

Shreddeez wrote: »
    On the waiting list for corrib, what are my chances of getting in at this stage?

very good chance, I was on it last year. after cao offers are out they will email you to tell you that on a certain day (it was the friday after cao offers) that they will take in people on the waiting list. You will have to sit on your laptop the whole day waiting for corrib to email you a link to pick your room. You must do it quick though as they will run out within minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 46 yellowfrog

just being a naive mum here...if student accommodation says 3900 for twin room,(a single is 4000) is that per person? or per room?
    is residence best for first year do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

yellowfrog wrote: »
    just being a naive mum here...if student accommodation says 3900 for twin room,(a single is 4000) is that per person? or per room?

This is per room in corrib village anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

yellowfrog wrote: »
    In most places that would be per person but contact if unsure
    Varies from person to person if residence is best for first year or not.
    For my two times in first year, lived at home first time and live in private houses second time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Janeh9

lulu1 wrote: »
    This is per room in corrib village anyway

Corrib is Per Person not per room, I'm paying something like 3,700 for my half of a twin room

hannah2191 wrote: »
    I might be! Will be starting psychology (so also arts) in September, well also be 20 and looking for private accomodation! Send me a pm maybe? :)

Pm me if ye need another I'm going into second year arts and will also be 20! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

Janeh9 wrote: »
    Corrib is Per Person not per room, I'm paying something like 3,700 for my half of a twin room

So sorry you are absolutely I only realised my mistake when I read your post:o

I should have known better because i'm the one paying it for my daughter:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ohanna

Goob wrote: »
    Hey guys! I'm doing Commerce/Arts next year in NUIG and am looking for accommodation. Me and two friends are looking at Donegan but everytime we try ring them there is now answer. Anyone know if they accept email applications or do I have to post them?

I sent an email, got a response the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chloe_Louise

My friend and I are starting 1st year Arts in September and are looking for private accommodation. Anyone interested in organising something together with us?

• Advertisement

My friend and I are starting 1st year Arts in September and are looking for private accommodation. Anyone interested in organising something together with us?

I sent you a PM there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KevinMcGokin

group of 4/5 2nd years looking for a house in or around Dun Na Coiribe or Newcastle area next year, struggling to find somewhere
    Anyone with any experience or advice they could pass on?
    Landlord numbers and the likes?
    Most letting seem to be for a full year and not just the academic year.
    We are willing to have the place for the full year

• Registered Users Posts: 45 LauraKc

I'm applying for nuig for September 2015 but I don't have any accommodation booked yet. I would like to live in a student complex but they all seem to be booked out. They are accepting waiting list applications and I'm just wondering whether I would be likely to get a place from the waiting list. Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!

some of ye might find this useful
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/385939841504195/

• Registered Users Posts: 6 CeilingOrFloor

Hey guys, me and two friends are looking at staying in Amhra house next year. I wonder could anyone here let me know what it's like? Is it as bad as people say or is it decent?
    Also it doesn't come with parking and from what I can see it'll cost 60 euro a month for parking in the city which is about 600 for the college year :/
    Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 J2223

Hi,
    Hopefully going to be transferring to NUIG in September. Looking to share a private house with a few people. If anyone needs an extra person in the house, let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 glassdaisies

Hey everyone! I'm going to be starting in September with the engineering program as an international student from the US. I've absolutely no idea where to start with looking for accommodations! I know I don't want to do the housing through the school since I'm so much older than a typical first year (I'm 30). Any recommendations? I've no problem living with people who are younger, as I normally gravitate towards a younger crowd anyways, I just definitely need my own room for sure. Open to sharing a house or flat, and won't have a car.

Thanks so much!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭laoise09

Can anyone tell me if the wifi is decent in Corrib Village? I have heard its not great

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭BeardedBadger

Anyone with any numbers for landlords close to the college for a 4 bed house? Four 4th years looking to be as close to college as possible. PM me please :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Anyone with any numbers for landlords close to the college for a 4 bed house? Four 4th years looking to be as close to college as possible. PM me please :D
    Contact the University I know its early but the accommodation office should have a list of landlords even at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 seanh1992

22 year old postgrad student looking for a house for 2015/2016. Don't know the area well, looking for a room in a house with people who are sociable enough but not partying every night!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 catlin.

Could anyone help me out here, I'm hoping to be going to nuig in September and have planned to be seeking on campus accommodation at corroborating village but I hear it is very strict on geusts? I understand you need your student id after nine and so on but what happens if you have a friend who wants to stay for the weekend or anything ? Is it difficult to get past security and all that? Any help would be greatly appreciated :):)

Corrib would be booked out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jackrobert9519

Hey, bed going in a twin bedroom ensuite in Newcastle. €67.50 a week on a 36 week lease. Sharing with me, a somewhat academic but outgoing guy ;) House has four other guys, all laid back and friendly. Refuse and Internet included as well as Sky TV. Good set up for the price and in a decent location. Pm if you're interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭T0001

Looking for a few others to share a house with from September.
    Going into 2nd Year Arts (don't judge me I'm going for teaching :P)
    Can afford €300-350/month + bills
    Academic and able to motive others if needed (;P), but also outgoing, but not an every night partyier, but I wont hold it against anyone
    Don't play sports competitively but very interested in GAA, Rugby and Soccer (mostly International soccer)
    Strong headed and sometimes political :O
    I'm told I'm easy to live with and Im a fairly good chef :)
    If ya have a spare room for next year or want to join up to look of somewhere over the summer drop me a PM :)

I'm a lad btw

Just got accepted for Postgrad in NUIG. Unfamiliar with the area so I'm not too sure if it's too early to be looking for houses yet. I'm fairly easy going, tidy and up for a bit of craic just not where everyones out every night of the week, prefer to live with final years or other postgrads. If anyone has any info or wants to team up and get a house could you PM me. Thanks!

Posting again! Got accepted for Postgrad in NUIG. Unfamiliar with the area so I'm not too sure if it's too early to be looking for houses yet. I'm fairly easy going, tidy and up for a bit of craic just not where everyones out every night of the week, prefer to live with final years or other postgrads. If anyone has any info or wants to team up and get a house could you PM me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 WigglesXxX

Hi, I'm a 27 year old mature student I will be in my 3rd and maybe final year in NUIG I am looking for a room to rent from September 2015 till May 2016. My price range is from 200 to 300 euro looking for a reasonable place, either close to the college or close to a bus service. I would prefer females only but will be open to anything. I am responsible, easy going, friendly, I am not a party girl but do enjoy a few drinks socially. Hope to find something soon. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BauBau19

laoise09 wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me if the wifi is decent in Corrib Village? I have heard its not great

Its usually pretty good..no problem streaming matches or movies.

Theres a few 4 bedroom houses in Dun up online.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

laoise09 wrote: »

They're moving to UPC for broadband last time I heard.

Advertisement