Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG Accommodation *No advertising. Read Post #1*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tahti

fiddfoot wrote: »
    I am a prospective Med student for undergrad 2013. I dont know many people going to galway and I am wondering which place might be the best for meeting new first years similar to me. If any Med students have read this and have gone through this first year stage, it would be greatly appreciated if they could recommend which student village is the best for meeting new people while being able to maintain sufficient study to pass first year med. Thanks a lot!

Atlantis, Donegan Court and Dunaras are recommended accommodation for any of the Canadian/American meds-to-be so there's usually a big number of people on your course in those. If you'd actually prefer to live with students on your course I think Dunaras Village and Corrib are the only two that housed the meds together last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 OffalyLad

Looking for people to house share with in September with myself and a mate, not too fussy, Im 20 and going into second year, let me know if anyone is interested

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

Myself and 2 other 3rd year students are looking for the name and number of one (or some) of the owners of the houses for rent near the new engineering building.

If anyone has contact details it would be much appreciated.

Feel free to PM

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Myself and a classmate are looking for people to share with. We're going to be starting a masters in September so people in the same boat would be ideal. Our perfect location would be Newcastle. PM me if you're interested, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 14 tgav32

Hey,

I'm starting work in the next few days in the city & starting a postgraduate in September. I hope to be renting from now until after Christmas (6 months) as I mostly have placement for semester 2. Hoping to live with easy going people in their early 20's who are in a place with other lads or even a mixed house/apt.

Cheers:)

• Advertisement

Hey,

I'm starting work in the next few days in the city & starting a postgraduate in September. I hope to be renting from now until after Christmas (6 months) as I mostly have placement for semester 2. Hoping to live with easy going people in their early 20's who are in a place with other lads or even a mixed house/apt.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Trisha XxX

Hi I'm starting NUI in September as a mature student I'm 25 and looking for a room to rent house or apartment close to the college preferably about 50, 60 the most a week, or if a group of people around my age are looking to share a place close to college I'm here. I'm friendly and out going once you get to know me, at first I can be quiet. I'm not a party girl but do enjoy a few drinks and nights out. I do like my own space and privacy but I live at home with my family of 8 so I interact well with people and respect peoples privacy and space. So hopefully I find somewhere to live, get in touch ;) Im hoping to move to Galway even a week before college starts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

How are ye. :)
    I'm going into 2nd year of the B.S. in Maths and Computer Science. Am trying to sort out a gaff at the moment for the academic year. Am looking for housemates who are looking to co-operate and share cooking, cleaning, etc, as I lived with total strangers in 1st year who turned their nose up at the idea of living co-operatively in any way. :pac:

So yea basically looking for people who are happy to share the cost (and responsibility) of cooking, cleaning up, maybe grow some veggies and all that good stuff. Am looking to put in a good year study wise and I'm not all that big on drinking or any of the other stuff, although I love to have the craic, to have some food and drink, and having good housemates is hard to beat. I also love travelling, learning languages, and meeting people of different cultures.

Also if you have an artistic side, and enjoy music or anything generally artsy we'll get on very very well. :D Money matters wise I'm looking for somewhere around the 60/week mark (ideally) going up to 85 max (with bills). Also hoping to get somewhere around Newcastle/Woodquay or somewhere like that. Chat to ye soon hopefully! Cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭NellyDean

So Corrib village is booked out but i've put on a deposit to get on the waiting list for there about 2 weeks ago ..
    what are my chances of actually getting in in august when places become available?
    or should I start looking at renting..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭The Internet

Anyone able to recommend a place to stay for a week or so during the repeats.

Corrib is already booked up for the dates I'm looking for :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

How are ye. :)
    I'm going into 2nd year of the B.S. in Maths and Computer Science.

Sorry for being off-topic but which course is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 spott

I'm looking for people who have a room or need a person to fill a house with 2/3 others. Just finished final year and starting a postgrad in the next few weeks, so i would prefer final years or postgrads too. Wanting to live in Newcastle - Ardilaun Road, Upper Newcastle Road or Moyola preferably.

Gatame wrote: »
    Sorry for being off-topic but which course is this?

It's the undenominated course. Took honours maths, CS, applied maths and physics in 1st year and they gave us the option this year to get a joint degree Maths/CS if we keep on those two subjects to degree level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 amandab11

Hey me and and my friend (both girls) have applied to Doneagn Court NUIG Student Accommodation but we need another flat mate for the single room if anyone knows anyone who would be interested would be great :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Kannywhat

HI
    I am from Dublin and will be studying in NUIG this Septemebr.
    anyone here have any available rooms near the college I can rent out

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Mudmask

Looking for a house mate. Myself and two other girls. Have house in cherry park but need another person for the fourth room. PM me for more information? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 PostgradSLH

Moving to Galway mid/late August to start a Masters, just wondering what areas are best to look at, or is there anyone willing to house share? I'm looking for a quieter house but I'm still up for going out the odd night :) PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 spikeletivory1

Hey guys, going into 2nd year Science and looking to share with other students, girls or guys. Hoping to get something for around 300 a month. PM if you know of anyone looking or interested. Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RubyT95

Hey I'm moving up from Dublin to start in NUIG (hopefully) and I was wondering if anybody knew anyone who needs an extra house mate as I definitely can't afford the student accommodation. I have creative writing down first but I will probably end up in arts :-)

RubyT95 wrote: »
    Hey I'm moving up from Dublin to start in NUIG (hopefully) and I was wondering if anybody knew anyone who needs an extra house mate as I definitely can't afford the student accommodation. I have creative writing down first but I will probably end up in arts :-)

Just so you know, student accommodation usually works out cheaper than private accommodation. I stayed in Menlo in 1st year - they usually still have places at this point - and it was 60/week, with bills, refuse, etc. In private accommodation you're going to pay 60/week minimum in rent alone, and then 10-15 extra when you take everything else into account. Also the gaffs in Menlo are pretty nice. Just a suggestion. :)

Btw I'm also looking for a housemate, I'm going into 2nd year Science. PM'd you. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 BrendaHerbert

Hi,
    I'm starting in NUIG this September. Looking for somewhere to live and for people to share with. Preferably other first years so we're all in the same boat, but I'm really not picky about that. If anyone knows anywhere that is close to the campus and the city, and is fairly well priced (€300 or less per month) please let me know.

Or if you are also, looking for someone to share with, let me know and we might be able to work something out.

Hi,

I'm looking for a room to share in the city centre. I'm working at the moment and I need a house from now (1st August or earlier) until the 1st of January as I have placement in second semester for my postgrad.

Thanks,
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 redumbrella

Hi there.
    Im starting undergraduate studies in nuig this September. I'm in my early 20's.
    Im either looking for a clean house, flat to share with other undergraduate girls or two other people to share a donegan court appartment with.
    please pm me if you have any info.
    Thanks a million in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kechum_all

Looking for a housemate, two guys and a girl in the house at the moment. PM me for details :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭aleyra

Heya, if anyone is looking for housemates ,myself and a friend are looking for a place for September. Both of us are doing postgrads in Law so a lot of late night lectures but still up for a bit of craic ! PM if interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TMG94

No idea if this is the right place to post this so my apologies if I've made a mistake.

I have a few questions about Dunaras that I'm hoping someone will be able to answer for me. I'll be staying there next year and the only thing about it that's bugging me is the location. Is it really as dodgy an area as I've heard? Break-ins, burnt out cars etc...? Do travellers really leave their kids on the middle green at the weekend? I was there for two days over the summer and in that short space of time a building right next to the village was lit on fire and I passed guys getting frisk searched by Guards.

Perhaps I'm worried over nothing but it's always better to be sure since there's still time to change my accommodation plan if Dunaras doesn't work out.

Thanks for your time and my apologies again if this is not the correct place to post this.

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭FinnLizzy

Myself (male) and a friend (female) are looking for either a house with two free rooms, or to go in with one or two people on a house close to NUIG or city centre.

In or around €300 a month. I'm a masters student and she's in 3rd year, if that helps at all.

PM if you can accommodate.
    Cheers, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

TMG94 wrote: »
    No idea if this is the right place to post this so my apologies if I've made a mistake.

I have a few questions about Dunaras that I've hoping someone will be able to answer for me. I'll be staying there next year and the only thing about it that's bugging me is the location. Is it really as dodgy an area as I've heard? Break-ins, burnt out cars etc...? Do travellers really leave their kids on the middle green at the weekend? I was there for two days over the summer and in that short space of time a building right next to the village was lit on fire and I passed guys getting frisk searched by Guards.

Perhaps I'm worried over nothing but it's always better to be sure since there's still time to change my accommodation plan if Dunaras doesn't work out.

Thanks for your time and my apologies again if this is not the correct place to post this.

Well I never saw a burnt out car/house, but I did see the other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 TMG94

I saw the building while it was on fire with my own eyes, so I know that happened. The car was just something I heard from a few different sources, same as the break-ins. What sort of things did you see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

what you said, traveller kids being left on the green in the centre so the parents could go off, few neighbours getting broken into, that sort of stuff.

Advertisement