Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MUX 2 launch date ?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

The Cush wrote: »
    Mux 2 was back up at Mullaghanish with an extra Future Service channel 8.

Future Service 7 & 8 were carrying no video but and MHEG-5 caption for RTÉjr starting at 9:00 am and RTÉ1 +1 starting at 7:00pm.

Gone again as I post.
    They were testing on Mux 2.
    They're now live on Channel 7 and Channel 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭glimmerman123

Mux 2 back up at Mullaghanish with an extra Future Service channel 8.

Future Service 7 & 8 are carrying no video but an MHEG-5 caption for RTÉjr and RTÉ1 +1

2ykf1b9.jpg

2ur15p4.jpg
    I wonder will we see mux 2 fired up on Maghera soon now that Mullaghanish is fired back up.

Apologies for double posting. :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Machinehead

I wonder will we see mux 2 fired up on Maghera soon now that Mullaghanish is fired back up.

I would have thought that mux 2 from Maghera would be a no go untill the new mast was complete (end of this year I understand). Why would they set up mux 2 on the old mast, only to have to transfer everything at the end of the year. Unless of course they are way ahead of schedule on the new mast.

I would have thought that mux 2 from Maghera would be a no go untill the new mast was complete (end of this year I understand). Why would they set up mux 2 on the old mast, only to have to transfer everything at the end of the year. Unless of course they are way ahead of schedule on the new mast.
    Up to a couple of weeks ago mux 2 from Maghera was fired up even though there wasn't any content on it and i take it work on the new mast was ongoing at that time or maybe it wasn't.

• Advertisement

It's not even on Three Rock from what I can see. The signal is way down so I'm thinking I'm getting it from Kippure.

Karsini wrote: »
    It's not even on Three Rock from what I can see. The signal is way down so I'm thinking I'm getting it from Kippure.

Mux 2 is not on Three Rock, Kippure only at the moment.

Also, it's on low power so will come in weaker than Mux 1.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Kensington wrote: »
    Mux 2 is not on Three Rock, Kippure only at the moment.

Also, it's on low power so will come in weaker than Mux 1.

Perhaps RTE NL are looking at 3 Rock not being needed. I can get mux 1 on a bit of wet string, but I need to use a good wire coathanger to get mux2. So maybe, 3 Rock can be done without.

Not really in parts of south Dublin though, around Stillorgan they can't get Kippure very well. If I had a proper aerial here in Fairview I'd have no problem getting Kippure.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Or could there be a possible future clash on ch58 with Winter Hill, especially in the north eastern region of the designated service area?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Vince Cable

Winter Hill uses 54 as well, people just need to get decent aerials.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭Booms

Never thought of that. :o

Mux 2 from Maghera now fired up. I am receiving future TV services from numbers 11 to 17 and also future radio services from 211 to 220. Mux 2 came on around 11am.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Mux 2 from Maghera now fired up. I am receiving future TV services from numbers 11 to 17 and also future radio services from 211 to 220. Mux 2 came on around 11am.

Do you have Future Service 8 on epg#18? It was on Mullaghanish Mux 2 earlier this week.

Do you have Future Service 8 on epg#18? It was on Mullaghanish Mux 2 earlier this week.
    No i get Future Service 7 on epg 17 on my Panasonic idtv and also i don't have any 9 or 10 epg slots on my tv guide. It goes from RTE ONE + 1 on epg no 8 to Future Service 1 on epg 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

Just thought I'd take a gander whilst reading these posts, and I can receive a weak signal (I presume Maghera) here in Limerick via rooftop aerial / PS3 - Play TV.
    According to my Phillips TV, MUX 2 is still down in Woodcock Hill, and the Maghera signal is too weak to receive via a set-top powered aerial..

On my Panasonic TV i have a new channel message notice i can switch on or off. I have had it switched on since i bought the tv and when ever a new channel was added from mux 1 a message would pop up telling me a new channel has been found and if i would like to store it. This morning when the new services were added to mux 2 i had to manually tune them in and the new channel message did not automatically pop up to let me know about the new services. I doubled checked to make sure the new message notice was turned on and it was. A bit strange that.

The main drawback with Play TV is that it does not display any information on Channel / Frequency numbers or Muxes, even when scanning channels, so you have no idea what transmitter or Mux is being tuned in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

When I fired up WMC today I found 16 French channels had been added overnight. Half of these are on 618Mhz AKA CH39 AKA mux 2 Mt Leinster. Oh what fun:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

When I fired up WMC today I found 16 French channels had been added overnight. Half of these are on 618Mhz AKA CH39 AKA mux 2 Mt Leinster. Oh what fun:)

I use windows 7 media centre. It has an awful ability of messing up sources when it recieves more then one source of dtt for any particualar channel

The south east seems to be a hot bed for over spill - ive noticed not french channels but on occasion channels for bbc coming in from not just wales but from a transmitter north of blackburn as well (BBC northwest). Lucky enough it doesnt clash with with mount leinster. Kippure and Three rock come in with this BBC North West though and media centre gets a wee bit confused in regards to sources (saorview - from kippure, three rock and mount leinster). What was you picture and signal like with the french channels may i ask?

No mux 2 for mount leinster detected today. As for Three Rock and Kappure im not sure since Ive disconnected my outdoor ariel (pointed towards wales) so i can recieve saorview on my indoor ariel with no interferrence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,543 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

The French channels are rare visitors and usually only lasts for a few hours. I regularly get Caradon Hill and Redruth which can last for a day or more. I also occasionally get others, like you say, from the 'Northwest' but never bothered sussing out which TX. I should explain that I am at a good height but have a hill between me and most of Wales. Only rarely do i get Llandonna or Arfon because of this.
    I agree with you about WMC changing sources. For some reason when Caradon does come in it is stronger than Preseli (my normal choice) and resets everything. That said, I still think WMC is by far the most powerful and versatile option instead of combo boxes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭warlikedave

The French channels are rare visitors and usually only lasts for a few hours. I regularly get Caradon Hill and Redruth which can last for a day or more. I also occasionally get others, like you say, from the 'Northwest' but never bothered sussing out which TX. I should explain that I am at a good height but have a hill between me and most of Wales. Only rarely do i get Llandonna or Arfon because of this.
    I agree with you about WMC changing sources. For some reason when Caradon does come in it is stronger than Preseli (my normal choice) and resets everything. That said, I still think WMC is by far the most powerful and versatile option instead of combo boxes etc.

Cheers for the info dude. Aye the sources are a pain indeed but the WMC epg, recording facility and its ability to work well with a DBT-S2 and DVB-T cards is a good option if they bother ironing out the small issues with it. I dont ever pick up arfron or llandonna but im only using a 12 element 12db gain ariel with a 15db gain amp (need a more powerful ariel to really stabilize my freeview - am at sea level :) ) I am still banging onto comreg about this mount leinster co-channel business but am getting no where.

Still no sign of mux 2 for mount leinster

I got Future Service 8 on channel 18 from Kippure on Tuesday lunchtime. By the evening it was gone, my TV said the channel didn't exist and asked to delete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

I got Future Service 8 on channel 18 from Kippure on Tuesday lunchtime. By the evening it was gone, my TV said the channel didn't exist and asked to delete it.

Future Service 7 & 8 (epg 17 & 18) from Mullaghanish were both displaying MHEG-5 on-screen captions for both RTÉjr and RTÉ1 +1 and the info banner text "No Video". On a non MHEG-5 TV the channels displayed a blank screen with "selected programme not available" in the info banner.

Do you have an MHEG-5 TV?

Future Service 7 & 8 (epg 17 & 18) from Mullaghanish were both displaying MHEG-5 on-screen captions for both RTÉjr and RTÉ1 +1 and the info banner text "No Video". On a non MHEG-5 TV the channels displayed a blank screen with "selected programme not available" in the info banner.

Do you have an MHEG-5 TV?

Yes, the Samsung LE40C530. They did indeed show the MHEG-5 tests while live, but by the evening the channels had been removed so my TV asked me to delete them. But when they were there they worked.

Mux 2 is being used for testing - channels and services present on it will come and go at random so it's nothing wrong with your TV :)

Kensington wrote: »
    Mux 2 is being used for testing - channels and services present on it will come and go at random so it's nothing wrong with your TV :)

Oh I know that. :) I was just saying that it was there before but has been removed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Souriau

This could be part of testing
    so they may have sent a command to deleted the channel...

MHEG-5 on-screen captions for both RTÉjr and RTÉ1 +1 and the info banner text "No Video". On a non MHEG-5 TV the channels displayed a blank screen with "selected programme not available" in the info banner.

Here's a photo of the interactive loading before the channel placeholder appears

http://www.flickr.com/photos/patgleeson/6034552543/

via a Walker 16" LCD. My Phillips TV without MHEG-5 shows a blue screen with a 'No Signal' message.

• Advertisement

With mux 2 coming on line soon i was wondering how many muxes are actually on the RTE DTT network? Is there just mux 1and 2 or is their a third?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement