Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Myself and the missus have only started watching this..

About four or so episodes into season 2. It's not something we can binge watch but certainly enjoying it.

Does it maintain this standard or is it a slow trundle southwards over the years?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

lawred2 wrote: »
    Myself and the missus have only started watching this..

About four or so episodes into season 2. It's not something we can binge watch but certainly enjoying it.

Does it maintain this standard or is it a slow trundle southwards over the years?

Season 1 and 2 are probably the best. Coven and Freak Show I didn't really like at all and gave up half way through. This season was very good, I liked last season too Apocalypse. Hotel, Roanoke and Cult all decent too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭AulWan

I've just found this thread so forgive me if I repeat anything ..

I enjoyed this Season, admittedly not as much as some of the others but I don't regret the time I spent watching it.

In fairness, it probably has a lot to do with the fact that I was a teenager in the 80s, I don't know how I'd feel about this season if I was only in my twenties now and watching it. I really enjoyed the music choices, some of it brought me right back with a bang. That Mike & the Mechanics song, The Living Years, during the final scene when Bobby leaves the camp, literally made me well up. Which AHS is not supposed to do.

I did feel that some of the star quality was was missing this season, but to be honest I was getting tired of Sarah (but I am looking forward to Ratched). I think Cody Fern is a much better actor then the part he was given in 1984. Actor of the season for me goes to John Carroll Lynch, I thought he was great, followed by Zach Villa and Leslie Grossman.

It will be interesting to see if Sarah and/or Evan return next year. I wouldn't mind returns from many of the other stars too, Jessica, Angela, Kathy, Frances, and I'd love to see Denis O'Hare again.

Right now, my favourite season is still Season 2, Asylum, though. That one will be hard to beat. Least favourite would be a tie between Freak Show and Hotel.

I actually loved Apocalypse, for how it brought so many seasons together.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

Loved Billie Lourd in it this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

AHS 1984 was absolutely hilarious....

I've never watched any other series just never changed channel onto it.

I'm now going to have to go back though as I actually really found it entertaining, of course moments of ah yeah knew that would happen etc but really liked it.....

• Advertisement

I think the one moment when I really recoiled in horror this season, was when Chef Bertie and Chet started making out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Just remember nobody touches Billy Idol.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 WhymeWhynot

Just remember nobody touches Billy Idol.

Some genius one liners in this season. It was wonderful fun! once again Billie Lourd gets all the props from me. That world weary tone of voice and sultry looks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Some genius one liners in this season. It was wonderful fun! once again Billie Lourd gets all the props from me. That world weary tone of voice and sultry looks

It's like Billy Idol, it only plays one way full throttle. Loved this series especially as you said Montana she's brilliant and Margaret is bad to the bone and hilarious Soundtrack was brilliant too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

I really enjoyed it, in fact it's the only one I've liked since Freak Show. I managed to watch no more than 2 episodes of each season after FS so I wasn't expecting much from this season but was pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

blueshade wrote: »
    I really enjoyed it, in fact it's the only one I've liked since Freak Show. I managed to watch no more than 2 episodes of each season after FS so I wasn't expecting much from this season but was pleasantly surprised.

You should have stuck with Roanoke, it was fantastic, my 3rd favourite season after 2 and 1.

I loved the twist in Roanoke, I really did not see it coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,046 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Excellent. I look forward to it.

I hope Sarah, Angela, Evan, Kathy, Jessica, Frances and Denis, all come back in some capacity over the next 3 seasons.

AulWan wrote: »
    Excellent. I look forward to it.

I hope Sarah, Angela, Evan, Kathy, Jessica, Frances and Denis, all come back in some capacity over the next 3 seasons.

Sarah Paulson is back for Season 10

Macaulay Culkin joins regulars Kathy Bates, Leslie Grossman, Billie Lourd, Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters, Adina Porter, Lily Rabe, Angelica Ross and Finn Wittrock for season 10 - Source TV Line

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Wow Culkin that'll be interesting. Really strong cast again can't wait.

It’s turned into a sh1tshow the past few seasons. Also hate watching anything on Fox with their stupid ad breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

It’s turned into a sh1tshow the past few seasons. Also hate watching anything on Fox with their stupid ad breaks.

You mad? The most recent season was possibly the best one they’ve done!

leggo wrote: »
    You mad? The most recent season was possibly the best one they’ve done!

Hmmm I gave up on it after 3 episodes. It seemed to be going in as aimless a direction as apocalypse.
    I will try again when it gets to Netflix.

• Advertisement

I wonder will Jessica Lange ever do another season. Or even a cameo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 478 ✭✭Millicently

AulWan wrote: »
    I wonder will Jessica Lange ever do another season. Or even a cameo.
    I doubt it, she's 70 now and I heard that she wasn't comfortable with some of the more course plot lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Wow I completely forgot about the show I oy watched the last one and was hooked, I have to go back and watch from season 1 up....

1984 wasn't it, absolutely loved it....

American Horror Story Double Feature confirmed as season 10 Title

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

https://tvline.com/2021/06/03/ahs-season-10-premiere-date-american-horror-stories-spinoff/

Spinoff American Horror Stories starts July 15th.

American Horror Story: Double Feature starts August 25th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,796 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

First 2 episodes of the spinoff were released Thursday. A 2 parter set in Murder House. But the rest of the season will be standalone episodes.

Think I liked the second episode more than the first.

Would've liked a cameo or 2 from the other residents. And the ending makes you wonder how they get all those things they have. Maybe internet orders?

2 celebrity kids in here as well with Paris Jackson and Kaia Gerber

• Registered Users Posts: 17,250 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Thought it badly acted and not very horrorish, the blond haired father is a terrible actor - ticking all the boxes, lesbian, young people, teenage angst blah blah

If the third episode is the sameish will pass on it

The 10th season is on Star on Wednesday October 20th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,348 ✭✭✭Homelander

The 10th season was pretty cool right up until that dreadful, lazy finale to part one. Seriously. Why bother building all that up to an ending that insanely uninspired. It was like they realised 5 minutes before filming they'd forgotten to make a script.

Advertisement