Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,973 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Second episode was a lot of fun...loving the music choices as well, white wedding lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The first 2 episodes were ok. But I just get the feeling this show has run its course. There are too many characters and most are unlikeable. And so far the baddie isn’t really that scary or unpredictable. The show is now seriously lacking the star power of Jessica Lange, Kathy Bates and Angela Basset. Sarah Paulson was great too except for in the last 2 seasons.
    I actually think the Roanoke season was absolutely brilliant as the story line was so bonkers, and it was real proper horror. I rank it 3rd behind Asylum, Murder House. Then 4th is Freak Show and 5th Witches. 6th would be Hotel, 7th Trump and 8th the absolutely awful Apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

8th the absolutely awful Apocalypse.
    It can’t be any worse than last season. Apocalypse was just awful, the worst of all the seasons.
    I thought the 1st episode was better than all of Apocalypse. Last season was pretty much unwatchable.

Did you not like Apocalypse no? You haven't mentioned...:pac:

leggo wrote: »
    Did you not like Apocalypse no? You haven't mentioned...:pac:

No I didn’t like it, it was terrible.
    Do you have an opinion on it yourself?? Or do you just post here to make fun of others??

Yeah mainly that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm liking this, it's cheesy and I think the acting is meant to be intentionally bad. Let's see where it goes

Almost 3 episodes down and am starting to lose interest in it again. That’s about 1 and half episodes longer same conclusion last series. Even in the Trump season I stayed involved in it to the end. Something has changed tho must be me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

This is the very first season of this show iv ever seen. I love it and I'm looking forward to watching the other seasons iv missed.

This is the very first season of this show iv ever seen. I love it and I'm looking forward to watching the other seasons iv missed.

If you like this season which is a bit rubbish I think, you should definitely watch seasons 1 and 2 immediately, they are tv classics. I would even say watch all seasons in their order, some are not as good as others, but all are better than last season and so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

If you like this season which is a bit rubbish I think, you should definitely watch seasons 1 and 2 immediately, they are tv classics. I would even say watch all seasons in their order, some are not as good as others, but all are better than last season and so far this season.

Yes they are definitely added to my list. Hopefully I’ll get started on them over the weekend after I’ve watched “In The Tall Grass” on Netflix and caught up on “The Hot Zone” on National Geographic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭badabing106

This is like scooby doo for adults! Great fun. So many laugh out loud moments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Enjoying this season so far, although I'd have a bit of concern as to how much they can stretch the material over a season - I doubt we'll get something like we did with Roanoake.

For me, it's better than the 7th (Election), which I found particularly weak. I actually didn't mind Apocalypse, which I'd put ahead of Election and Hotel. Asylum is the best of them all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,453 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

The fight scene between Roberts and blondie was hillarious. Clearly stunt crew in different colour wigs in a poorly lit room. Sure it's an improvement over the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

At this point unfortunately I'm out. Compelling and decent first few episodes, but it's getting horribly stale and boring now. I still think it's better than Apocalypse easily, but I'm still annoyed I sat through all of that dumpster fire so I just won't be doing it again. The last time I truly thoroughly enjoyed AHS was probably way back in S2 Asylum, though I strangely liked Hotel, probably more for the cast than the story.

Show needs to just die now, it's completely incapable of telling a gripping story anymore.

Homelander wrote: »
    At this point unfortunately I'm out. Compelling and decent first few episodes, but it's getting horribly stale and boring now. I still think it's better than Apocalypse easily, but I'm still annoyed I sat through all of that dumpster fire so I just won't be doing it again. The last time I truly thoroughly enjoyed AHS was probably way back in S2 Asylum, though I strangely liked Hotel, probably more for the cast than the story.

Show needs to just die now, it's completely incapable of telling a gripping story anymore.

I gave up halfway through episode 3.
    Agree the show has run its course. It doesn’t even look like much money is spent on it now compared to the earlier seasons, eg in Trump season there were many scenes of scary clowns close up doing nothing really.
    But I thought that Roanoke a few seasons ago was really superb, a very original idea and was genuinely scary in many parts, it was far better and scarier than house on haunted hill on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

Yeah, Roanoke was actually good except for the last episode or two to be fair, which I really disliked. But overall the best season since S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,982 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I presume the two lads are now going to lay waste to the people of Los Angeles for the rest of the series :p

Anyone still watching the new season on Fox?? Anyone enjoying it??

Anyone still watching the new season on Fox?? Anyone enjoying it??

Ya I think its very good. Kept the concept simple

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

There were about 2 good episodes in total for me.

The acting was sh1te, the storyline fell apart after Ep2/3
    So disappointed again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

Thought this season was very good for me

I get people’s issues with some seasons, sometimes it can get so mad and all over the place that it comes down to “Does the campness/craziness of this all appeal to me?”

But, for me, if you didn’t like this season then you just shouldn’t be watching AHS. It’s not for you and that’s fine.

This season was one of the best ones, I found myself buzzing for every episode whereas in recent years it was more like “Oh AHS is on tonight”. The finale was slightly anti-climactic after they’d built it up so much, but I’m amazed they kept a concept so simple it usually wears thin over a 90-minute movie working for a whole series. The characters were all fleshed out, interesting and it’s always well-performed. And the soundtrack/style was phenomenal. Loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭smilerf

I get people’s issues with some seasons, sometimes it can get so mad and all over the place that it comes down to “Does the campness/craziness of this all appeal to me?”

But, for me, if you didn’t like this season then you just shouldn’t be watching AHS. It’s not for you and that’s fine.

This season was one of the best ones, I found myself buzzing for every episode whereas in recent years it was more like “Oh AHS is on tonight”. The finale was slightly anti-climactic after they’d built it up so much, but I’m amazed they kept a concept so simple it usually wears thin over a 90-minute movie working for a whole series. The characters were all fleshed out, interesting and it’s always well-performed. And the soundtrack/style was phenomenal. Loved it.
    It goes right into second spot for me.

Brilliant season I'm putting it after murder house. They kept it really simple and it worked. I also absolutely love the 80s theme.

The ending was great, an expected happy one.

Hopefully they can get back Peters and Paulson for the final season.

I don’t think it’ll be the last season. Ryan Murphy did an interview saying he’s negotiating with FX past next season now and would probably bring it to Netflix if they didn’t renew.

I don’t think it’ll be the last season. Ryan Murphy did an interview saying he’s negotiating with FX past next season now and would probably bring it to Netflix if they didn’t renew.

It's all they have a contract for but ya I could see plenty of takers if FX didn't want to continue. It's their highest rated show ever.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just finished and agree it was one of the best. It's one of the most fun - the lighter campy tone really worked well and giving it a happy ending was a nice change. Also keeping the episodes nice and short gave it a good pace.

It's in the Top 3 for me along with 'Asylum' and 'Roanoake'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

I really enjoyed it too. I think because they didn't try and set up some complicated,but potentially really good/clever, story line that they then couldn't finish. They kept it relatively simple and fun.

People giving out about the acting too, that's deliberate. The acting is appalling in any 80s slasher movie I've seen.

• Advertisement

Yeah you can see them hamming it and having fun trying to mimic 80’s overacting. Especially Billie Lourd.

I actually did a podcast on the show which we just released today if anyone is interested: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0g55v1eKWuqUO19AZeGZbd?si=36Ph2xcMRFOKv1swLGHwyQ

Advertisement