Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Horror Story [US Pace - FX - Spoilers]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

there are times that i was thinking it could go either way but i like the way it is tying into previous series and it has good prospects.

^a bit harsh! I’m enjoying it a lot. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

duffysfarm wrote: »
    there are times that i was thinking it could go either way but i like the way it is tying into previous series and it has good prospects.

It feels a bit fan-servicey after the last episode but it has a lot of potential! Can't wait to go back into the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭duffysfarm

i posted earlier about the timeline but i am still not getting it. cordelia and the other witches come to the house where all the people are after the apocalypse. we can see this where they walked up to the house she then sends one of her witches (with blonde hair) and the black warlock fella to see the house where langdon grew up. but when they went there it was all normal as if it were pre apocalypse. what is going on?

just after googling it and i think a lot of people are having problems with the timeline of the series as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Daxve

Cordelia goes to the “bunker” twice the “first” time shown is in the post Apocalyse time line and she arrived with Myrtle Snow and Madison Montgomery this time line hasn’t moved foward yet as it then jumps back in time to the pre apocalypse time line to show the time she arrived with Myrtle and Zoe Benson having been summoned by the Warlocks to oversee Michaels seven wonders and that’s were the series is at the moment. It’s in this timeline that she sends Madison to Murder House.

Decent episode in the Murder House the show really misses Jessica Lange’s involvement.

The first 3 episodes were pointless unless they plan to loop back around to them should have started with 4 with a brief bit at the start to cover the apocalyse.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

JESSICA LANGE
    though!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

Episode 6 is 100% fanfiction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I am quite enjoying this season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

More flashbacks and flashbacks within flashbacks in episode 7, but at least we know how Myrtle came back, and by far my favourite scene was the return of Nan. I loved her character from Coven, and I even risked spoilers by searching to see if the actress was returning for this season, but found nothing so assumed she wasn’t involved this year. And I missed Jamie Brewer’s name appearing after the opening credits and A Christmas to Dismember movie, so that was a nicely-unspoiled surprise! Funny seeing Joan Collins back too, didn’t expect to see her again and interesting to learn that she’s a witch too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 378 ✭✭Redneck Culchie

Just watched the murder house episode thought it was fairly good. It helps I've only watched Murder House and Coven before this. The others didn't really interest me too much, tried watch Cult it was awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,973 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Best season in years. This season kept me interested, I usually just give up halfway through.

In order of preference

Murder House
    Asylum
    Apocalypse
    Hotel

• Advertisement

Yeah I definitely didn’t hate it. I think it relied a bit too heavily on fan service, cameos and callbacks to be considered anywhere near a truly ‘great’ season of television, but it kept me entertained week-to-week, stayed coherent and managed to wrap itself up nicely. My only minor complaint would be that I went in hoping for a story about how the apocalypse came to be and what would happen in the fallout but got something completely out of left field. Then again, that was kinda the point and they kept it interesting so it’s not a huge complaint, I just would’ve liked to have seen them tell that story earnestly as the concept hooked me.

I know opinion varies wildly with AHS season-to-season, but the past four seasons have all been fun for me and erased the memories of Freak Show and Coven, both of which had me fearing the worst for the show. Ryan Murphy shows have a habit of starting strong then becoming redundant within a few series after all. Ironically, though, I ended up enjoying a series that operated largely as a sequel to Coven much more than I did the original. I HATED S3 yet found myself caring about characters I had zero investment in when initially introduced to them (except for Madison, she’s always been great).

That said, I hope they move away from the anthology vibe next season and do something more original. I imagine they’ll want to go all-in with S10 wrapping it all up, and I’m okay with that after this season, but I’d like to see a completely new set of characters and their take on a different genre. I’ve been hoping they’d do a zombie series for years now, that’d be really interesting with a campy AHS slant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

It got better towards the end but on the whole it was a campy trash-fest.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,101 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Not enjoying this season at all. Story could have been good but seems production just went for style based scenes, and too much interaction with Coven season. It’s been done so just leave it. Not been a good season of AHS since Roanoke. I rank them Asylum, Murder House, Roanoke, Freak Show, Coven, Hotel, Trump, Apocalypse.

Not enjoying this season at all. Story could have been good but seems production just went for style based scenes, and too much interaction with Coven season. It’s been done so just leave it. Not been a good season of AHS since Roanoke. I rank them Asylum, Murder House, Roanoke, Freak Show, Coven, Hotel, Trump, Apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,279 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Both Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson not in the upcoming 9th season American Horror Story 1984

https://variety.com/2019/tv/news/sarah-paulson-american-horror-story-1984-1203260946/

Matthew Morrison (Glee) joins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭katiek102010

I love AHS, one of my fav shows on TV, however I hated apocalypse.
    It's the worst series by far.

Next season is gonna feel weird without Sara Paulson or Evan Peters.

New trailer for 1984 from Ryan Murphy’s instagram:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/B1ogsLxnfoM/?igshid=nq4uavu4hx3b

leggo wrote: »
    Next season is gonna feel weird without Sara Paulson or Evan Peters.

It can’t be any worse than last season. Apocalypse was just awful, the worst of all the seasons.

• Advertisement

Disagree tbh, really enjoyed it.

New trailer on YouTube now:

JimBurnley wrote: »
    American Horror Story season 9 (subtitled 1984), starts on Fox UK, Thurs 19th September at 10pm.

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Well, it's landed.
    And keeping up things, it's bloody awful.
    Yes, I am beginning to question myself as to why I stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,974 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Watched first episode of ahs 1984 love that intro as well as look of it and some of the song choices....some of the actors are abysmal...Gus Kenworthy is not an actor and by christ it shows..awful

I thought the 1st episode was better than all of Apocalypse. Last season was pretty much unwatchable.

Friday the 13th Part 100 :p Billie Lourd as Montana mvp for me

Enjoying the campy cheese so far, it’s a nice tone shift from trying to be genuine horror to satire. I wonder if they can keep that and the slasher tropes up for the season. I’m really hoping they don’t do a mid-season twist and completely switch it up again. I think they’ve just about got away with it the past couple of times they did it, to do so yet again would just confirm the writers’ ADHD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Episode 2 was a bit better, a bit.
    The wedding scene was good.
    The actress playing the owner of the camp is good.
    Though the one playing the goody two shoes is a pain the townhalls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭Homelander

I thought the 1st episode was better than all of Apocalypse. Last season was pretty much unwatchable.

I thought this too. It's cheesy but I really enjoyed it as a silly bit of satire, it just worked and the asthetic and soundtrack are great. Apocalypse was absolute garbage.

Advertisement