Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭leg wax

the kale and turnips as of today,is it to advanced already,not all as high as in photo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Shearing again today. It's a neat trick, make the ewes smaller to make the lambs look big :pac: :pac: Tomorrow, if I get time I'll be weaning the wether lambs and organising the rest of the flock for hill depending on condition which was remarkably good, but this is pretty much their best time of year for condition anyway. Don't mind that bodge job of a fence in the second pic, it's just a handy funnel into the pen, hadn't much time that day to do a proper job.

Image0398.jpg

Image0399.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Here's my FL22 heifer twins, just born at the time. 2 Yr old heifer is by AI limousin bull Nino(Nin) out of a plainish, but milky black lim. They're small but hardy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

pakalasa wrote: »
    Here's my FL22 heifer twins, just born at the time. 2 Yr old heifer is by AI limousin bull Nino(Nin) out of a plainish, but milky black lim. They're small but hardy.

What sort of a job is she doing on them?

Bizzum wrote: »
    What sort of a job is she doing on them?
    They were only born 10 days ago, so we'll have to wait and see. She seems milky enough but they are drinking her dry as is. Might sell one if they're struggling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Pat the lad

Quote [Here's my FL22 heifer twins, just born at the time.]

that's handy - calves born with tags on!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you must of being quick with the tagger

nice heifer though- hope she and the twins go well for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭Bodacious

Thats a lovely lovely photo, lovely heifer and she seems to have nice springing also.. Nino left some great cattle. after him.. great heifer there will make a lovely cow and off to a flying start:):)

Plenty of bucket and plenty of grass and she will rear them, granted twins a big ask for a heifer

some of the lim heifers for the bull this year,they were all in cows that i bought in kilcullen mart by a stock bull by ferry.

that's handy - calves born with tags on!LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you must of being quick with the tagger
    nice heifer though- hope she and the twins go well for you
    :D Yep they were tagged in record time. Only reason was that I couldnt tell them apart. Trying to keep track of which had drank her etc. Cow in the crush while I did them , of course.;)
    Bodacious wrote: »
    Thats a lovely lovely photo, lovely heifer and she seems to have nice springing also.. Nino left some great cattle. after him.. great heifer there will make a lovely cow and off to a flying start:):)

Plenty of bucket and plenty of grass and she will rear them, granted twins a big ask for a heifer
    I used Nino a lot. I was a big fan. Brought great weanlings yet very easy calving. Heifers from him are very very easy calving (big hips) but can be stone mad. This one quiet as a mouse. Thank God!

nice stock pakalasa,my neigbour who has only 5 cows had a heifer that he bought at the winter fair ,a very very muscley blue with lenght had twins from fl22 as well both bulls ,mother has not enough milk for both.

• Advertisement

a sonnet out of this black lim cow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

leg wax wrote: »

have you any parthenaise calves from blonde cows wax?

have you any parthenaise calves from blonde cows wax?
    the part heifer that aborted in thread,also 1 of her comrades calved yesterday .

Can't go far wrong with a cow like that - (in pic...10015).
    If we could get good Lims like that out of Br Fr types, then we wouldn't have to breed our own replacements.
    Does she bring a good calf normally?

Can't go far wrong with a cow like that - (in pic...10015).
    If we could get good Lims like that out of Br Fr types, then we wouldn't have to breed our own replacements.
    Does she bring a good calf normally?
    yes shes a good looking cow plenty of milk but have found out why she was sold,she has a very very poor blue calf ,no shape at all,this year shes in calf to lim- rocky.

sfl out of this pied cow,does not really work,shes in calf to fabio this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

the kale and turnips as of today,is it to advanced already,not all as high as in photo.

wont blame ya for showing off those crops,when did you set

keep going wrote: »
    wont blame ya for showing off those crops,when did you set
    10 june i think.

and when a cow does not work at all we get this,shes in the culling padock with the feeder.a huge cow no milk at all shes around 850 kilos of pure waste of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

my PT Heifer. due in September

• Advertisement

005.JPG

006.JPG

008.JPG

Recently dried cows

007.JPG

012.JPG

Two more in calf heifers

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Sweet heifer.
    I'd love to see her with calf at foot( and her tail cut:), not till the fly goes though) in sept!

haha yeah its pretty long alright! she's due in Sept so I'll post when she calves down.

First time I took photos with my iPod. was plesently supprised at how good the picyure quality was

haha yeah its pretty long alright! she's due in Sept so I'll post when she calves down.

First time I took photos with my iPod. was plesently supprised at how good the picyure quality was

What's she carrying to?
    I never knew an iPod could take pics, but I'm a bit of a caveman with technology!

Shes by Turbo (TBX) and in calf to Sirex (IRX)

its one of the iPod touches so basically an iphone that cant make calls

and when a cow does not work at all we get this,shes in the culling padock with the feeder.a huge cow no milk at all shes around 850 kilos of pure waste of time.
    I've seen that. That's what no milk can do alright. You'd be better off
    taking the calf off her and rearing by bucket. Cull cows selling well now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭adne

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

Tail could do with a trim

bog is the part pb ,a humdinger if you are ever selling her ring 087 -9:rolleyes::rolleyes:.

• Advertisement

she is purebred alright leg wax. I'll be holdin on to her. hoping she'll be the foundation animal of a PB herd. If the calf comes right I hope to show it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement