Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Livestock/General Farming photo thread ***READ MOD NOTE IN POST #1***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

wiggy123 wrote: »
    very good.. he is winning all before him at shows.. seems to me--be too heavy for a cow.. natural service!!

Who are you on about Wiggt123?.... Naughto?? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

Muckit wrote: »
    Who are you on about Wiggt123?.... Naughto?? :D

nice one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭wiggy123

sorry the angus bull.. mc faddens! said he'd be too heavy to bull cows naturally me thinks!! agree???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

Limo heifer out of a simmental springer...breeding heifer in the making me thinks:)

Photo0128.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Grand sweet heifer. Lovely feminine head on her. Stock bull or AI Lim?

• Advertisement

Bizzum wrote: »
    Grand sweet heifer. Lovely feminine head on her. Stock bull or AI Lim?

Shes out of the stock bull. Should bring plenty of milk from the mothers side hopefully!!

Doing a bit of silage today

I miss the joystick on the 991bjs:(
    Photo0132.jpg
    View from the cab
    Photo0131.jpg
    Never a good sign when the side door is open on the baler:rolleyes:
    Photo0130.jpg
    Tractor and wrapper in the yard
    Photo0129.jpg

wheres that redzer, around carron or Kilnaboy somewhere is it?

Ballyvaughan..Grand spot on a sunny day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Especially on the rocks near the lighthouse. Caught a lot of mackeral there, but I prefer the pollock.;) Lovely on a calm sunny day.

• Advertisement

pakalasa wrote: »
    Especially on the rocks near the lighthouse. Caught a lot of mackeral there, but I prefer the pollock.;) Lovely on a calm sunny day.
    I prefer the flats near gleninagh, The mackerel would nearly jump outta the water to you there somedays:D

I thought you were a Corofin man, Ballyvaughan a nice spin up from you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I used to pass through that a good bit while en route to Doolin for rock climbing. Lovely spot.

I thought you were a Corofin man, Ballyvaughan a nice spin up from you

Nope, Bally man through and true....even though I do make a spin as far as kilnaboy most nights;)

Karen112 wrote: »
    I used to pass through that a good bit while en route to Doolin for rock climbing. Lovely spot.

It is that, The coast road from bally to doolin has scenery as good as anywhere in the country...and all the tourists that come with it every summer making for the ditch when they see a john deere coming against them:)

My little baby Bella is being sold next week. I used to have to wait til she slept before I could leave her, used to follow me about like a lamb, little rejected twin and she had to travel in the back of the car sucking my finger til she got home from the away lands:( She'd be let out every day for a run and she would run back to me and sigh like the world was ending as I lay there reading a book!

sdc13003q.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And testing my photography skills, my little lim fast asleep in the field.
    dsc1787a.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

Karen112 wrote: »
    My little baby Bella is being sold next week.

sdc13003q.jpg

Is she on the left or right?:D

Is she on the left or right?:D

:D

:D
    Is she on the left or right?biggrin.gif

Feck off! Did the red head not give me away! I'll be a sad gal to see her go :(

Nope, Bally man through and true....even though I do make a spin as far as kilnaboy most nights;)

ah right, yev have great land up that side that some of us can only dream about, there is yard on the way into the village on the left coming from Lisdoon that usually has alot of gear in it, is that where you work out of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭JohnBoy

Doing a bit of silage today

I miss the joystick on the 991bjs:(
    Photo0132.jpg

That looks complicated.

I kinda assumed you'd have a knob for setting the number of turns needed and a button to make it start/stop.

how interactive is the actual wrapping process?

ah right, yev have great land up that side that some of us can only dream about, there is yard on the way into the village on the left coming from Lisdoon that usually has alot of gear in it, is that where you work out of?

You have us now:D

JohnBoy wrote: »
    That looks complicated.

I kinda assumed you'd have a knob for setting the number of turns needed and a button to make it start/stop.

how interactive is the actual wrapping process?

Its simple enough actually, all you have to do is put it onto auto and press start and it will do the rest itself. The only manual thing you have to do is pick the bale and let it off. Theres an awful lot of sensors on it though, too many for my liking being the finicky little things that they are!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭Tipp Man

Redzer (I assume your not the legendary Tipperary hurler:D) how come ye moved away from the McHale to the Tanco?

You have us now:D

would you believe I was in that yard last year if Im thinkng of the right place, I had to go up and collect kerry coop seed barrow, pile of ****e that it was. fine yard ;)

Tipp Man wrote: »
    Redzer (I assume your not the legendary Tipperary hurler:D) how come ye moved away from the McHale to the Tanco?

Faster apparently...not that we were ever too far behind with the mchale....I have a theory that all agri contractors are like magpies...they like shiny things:)

would you believe I was in that yard last year if Im thinkng of the right place, I had to go up and collect kerry coop seed barrow, pile of ****e that it was. fine yard ;)

A fine tidy yard it is but its not mine unfortunatley and neither is any of the gear in it:(

The big boy taking a rest for himself

Photo0135.jpg

Heifer calf this morning. Note my very high yielding crop of saint brigets crosses for next year:rolleyes:

Photo0141.jpg

• Advertisement

fecking rushes seem to be gone wild this year, my spraying plans went up in smoke with the bad autumn

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement