Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

btw, found that MK9 plaque I was boasting about a while back

I'll bring it in next casuals you attend:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Nutrient wrote: »
    btw, found that MK9 plaque I was boasting about a while back

I'll bring it in next casuals you attend:D

ah cool beans, im suprised you had to root it out, if i had a mk plaque from a tourny it be hangingg in my bathroom :cool:

wont be able make it xgc 2m as im broke as strykers standing C

should be in wed though and theres a new tech storm coming with me....

2q86iiv.png

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

wont be able make it xgc 2m as im broke as strykers standing C

That's 3rd world broke :O

ah cool beans, im suprised you had to root it out, if i had a mk plaque from a tourny it be hanging in my bathroom :cool:

It wasn't an extravagent victory lets just keep it at that:/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll try make it in for that. Haven't been at casuals in a while but I really want to get some MK practice in before Evo quals. Doesn't help that I've lost my usb to charge and sync my PS3 controllers.

• Advertisement

Naphiel wrote: »
    I'll try make it in for that. Haven't been at casuals in a while but I really want to get some MK practice in before Evo quals. Doesn't help that I've lost my usb to charge and sync my PS3 controllers.

I have couple lying around if you would like one?

Had a PS3 ages ago to watch MGS4

I have couple lying around if you would like one?

Had a PS3 ages ago to watch MGS4

Thanks man. :D

Also, I'm tempted to pick up another character to cover some of the bad matchups for Kenshi and Stryker. Tempted to pick up either Cage, Raiden, Sektor or Scorpion. I'm drawn to Rain, but until the Komplete edition is functional, I'm going to stay away from more dlc characters.

Thanks man. :D

Also, I'm tempted to pick up another character to cover some of the bad matchups for Kenshi and Stryker. Tempted to pick up either Cage, Raiden, Sektor or Scorpion. I'm drawn to Rain, but until the Komplete edition is functional, I'm going to stay away from more dlc characters.

Ste is your man when it comes to everything MK9 [Just don't let him persuade you to pick Baraka, his match ups are not 9-1 Baraka VS ALL]

Ste is your man when it comes to everything MK9 [Just don't let him persuade you to pick Baraka, his match ups are not 9-1 Baraka VS ALL]

yes thats true,some arnt 9-1 in his favor, there the odd 10-0 also ;)

seriously though the only reason id ever suggest some to play baraka is to show what i have to put up with but thats my own fault for playing the same chars since mk2

ya'd think with the amount of stuff i know about the game id of won a tourny by now :(
    im like the coach who never won anything lol

yea KE is bit of weird situation alright,hope it fixed, anyways...

on rain,hes pretty execution heavy to get the full worth out of him
    (roundhouse cancels and bubble upppercut combo)
    no kabal but its no liu kang either,but you do play BB/kof so that might be less of a problem to you than it would to me,
    much like kenshi he has armor coming out the ears but has a much better damage output than kenshi

on kenshi,hes doesnt have to many out and out bad matchup where a counter pick would be needed, maybe kung lao or radien as he cant really zone either of them and has slower normals, pretty much chars who can get from A to B fast and with armor give him trouble (ya think this would help raka but kenshi has better rushdown than him and equally good footsies)

from chars you mentioned there maybe from purely a MU view cage could be your best bet,not to hard to pick up,awesome rushdown,armor,best dash in the game which is more important now since the dash nerf,2 dashes and hes pretty much in

MAYBE sektor (6 frame normal that leads to 40% is pretty beast)

im not sure what radien could do for kenshi, ya might have to ask lar on that one

scorpion, well he has his vortex and thats about it,good anti zoner tool with ex spear but around sweep range he really suffers, his footsie game pretty one sided

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

kitana gets like 30%+ from djk's,alot the combo unbreakable also

I was messing around with her DJKs a few weeks ago in the training room. Discovered a 38% combo from one. Droppable as all hell, but it sure is pretty.

deathrider wrote: »
    I was messing around with her DJKs a few weeks ago in the training room. Discovered a 38% combo from one. Droppable as all hell, but it sure is pretty.

the pretty ones always are haha but still 38%, damn
    oh i got sent credit by o2 today so ill wb to text ya sent in a bit, have tym stuff to do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

the pretty ones always are haha but still 38%, damn
    oh i got sent credit by o2 today so ill wb to text ya sent in a bit, have tym stuff to do :)

Yeah, it's a nice little butt-kicker. Contstantly trying to add more hits to it, but to no avail. I guess I'm just being greedy now, lol.

No probs, man.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Don't play MK after a ****ty drunken night out, after walking 2/3 miles home in the pitch black kold ass weather......

YOU WILL BE FLAWLESS'D.

That is all.

PS ggs to Glue, Letters and Vulcan.

All the best,
    RAZER

Don't play MK after a ****ty drunken night out, after walking 2/3 miles home in the pitch black kold ass weather......

YOU WILL BE FLAWLESS'D.

That is all.

PS ggs to Glue, Letters and Vulcan.

All the best,
    RAZER

LMFAO yea that was a nice little koth session, ggs to AAs online

should do another one later. (if were all online again at stupid hours of the morning)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

Congrats ste, for making staff on tym. Haven't played mk in a while. Hope to get some practice in before evo quals.

yea KE is bit of weird situation alright,hope it fixed, anyways...

on rain,hes pretty execution heavy to get the full worth out of him
    (roundhouse cancels and bubble upppercut combo)
    no kabal but its no liu kang either,but you do play BB/kof so that might be less of a problem to you than it would to me,
    much like kenshi he has armor coming out the ears but has a much better damage output than kenshi

on kenshi,hes doesnt have to many out and out bad matchup where a counter pick would be needed, maybe kung lao or radien as he cant really zone either of them and has slower normals, pretty much chars who can get from A to B fast and with armor give him trouble (ya think this would help raka but kenshi has better rushdown than him and equally good footsies)

from chars you mentioned there maybe from purely a MU view cage could be your best bet,not to hard to pick up,awesome rushdown,armor,best dash in the game which is more important now since the dash nerf,2 dashes and hes pretty much in

MAYBE sektor (6 frame normal that leads to 40% is pretty beast)

im not sure what radien could do for kenshi, ya might have to ask lar on that one

scorpion, well he has his vortex and thats about it,good anti zoner tool with ex spear but around sweep range he really suffers, his footsie game pretty one sided

It's simply to deal with characters like Raiden and Kung Lao that I want to learn another character. I'll try out Cage, his frame advantage and mix ups seem really strong.

It's simply to deal with characters like Raiden and Kung Lao that I want to learn another character. I'll try out Cage, his frame advantage and mix ups seem really strong.

yea cage prob do the job for them 2 MU,
    sonya or jax maybe two, rain does has the tools to deal with them aswell that u mentioned him

thought id share this here...
    check this out for swag (tym user made this for me)

so thanks to greek players metzos13 and hidan a way has been found for quan chi to use boost safely and get a possible reboost off it.
    ....i dare anyone to throw a projectile at me when im quan from now on because you'll lose 90% of your health if you do. WOOLAY!

• Advertisement

so in catching up with some of the us tournies i missed over the weekend,
    maxter beat reo at flawless victory with sektor .
    ikizzle beat chris g also with sektor at power up

damn american sektor players cant complain bout there char anymore, two tournies wins in one weekend,hopefully now (just like europe players been saying for ages) they'll see sektor is a beast

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭FGR

Sektor is seriously powerful and one of my personal favs. That said I'd be pwned in the tournie scene as I just don't have the patience for all of those combos.

so in catching up with some of the us tournies i missed over the weekend,
    maxter beat reo at flawless victory with sektor .
    ikizzle beat chris g also with sektor at power up

damn american sektor players cant complain bout there char anymore, two tournies wins in one weekend,hopefully now (just like europe players been saying for ages) they'll see sektor is a beast

The fact he can effortlessly get 40% off jab sold me on how damaging his combos were

Tom brady actually done pretty well yesterday also, somebody considered him "best sub in the world"

Hope not to choke in future mk tourneys and get a good ol sleep in the future:D

FGR wrote: »
    Sektor is seriously powerful and one of my personal favs. That said I'd be pwned in the tournie scene as I just don't have the patience for all of those combos.

never mind gettin "owned",
    if you play mk get yourself out to the casuals and the tournies and support the game, i have no problem showing people stuff,same as lar.
    everyone gets there ass handed to them at some point, we all have to start somewhere, theres no ego's in the mk guys. well......:rolleyes:

The fact he can effortlessly get 40% off jab sold me on how damaging his combos were

Tom brady actually done pretty well yesterday also, somebody considered him "best sub in the world"

Hope not to choke in future mk tourneys and get a good ol sleep in the future:D

yea his damage pretty sweet,i still cant do those ping-pong combos like u though :o

yea brady did well alright,he sure let the stream now about it aswell,oh bill :rolleyes:

we all have to start somewhere, theres no ego's in the mk guys. well......:rolleyes:

78450c63-a561-432d-963d-d6d129c13f18.png

since nutrient is kicking my ass in at posting funny mk pics, time to fight back....

video-game-memes-get-over-here.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTtcU9EBrK8N2LzGcobTtlKVdTjXByWwHaLwKajhWHADzCmOAK38V_T5jxNrQ

video-game-memes-kombat-kontrols.jpg

BTW, I'm Grabbing a Hauppauge PVR capture device and was thinking maybe we can record some of our games of MK or even stream em to TYM stream monsters

BTW, I'm Grabbing a Hauppauge PVR capture device and was thinking maybe we can record some of our games of MK or even stream em to TYM stream monsters

yea man that be awesome idea!!!
    doubt the xgc would be any use for streaming, then again im not sure if even the internet in my house be good for streaming :o maybe archives could do best

ATB stream/archives of irish mk, do we dare???
    (everyone will find out how broken stryker is then)

• Advertisement

yea man that be awesome idea!!!
    doubt the xgc would be any use for streaming, then again im not sure if even the internet in my house be good for streaming :o maybe archives could do best

ATB stream/archives of irish mk, do we dare???
    (everyone will find out how broken stryker is then)

Well yeah no way we could stream in XGC, but archives totally, Be nice to record are matchs, afterall the crazy stuff that happens over an 8 hour session...

Toasty-CH-292x305.jpg

Advertisement