Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat 9 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Freddies alt needs to be either Jason or pinhead.

theyd have to change the gloves to knifes but suppose they changed the animations on noobs classic costume for this to be throwing smoke clones,might be a bit doggy seeing the freddy fingers(walking lowhitting gloves) as knifes

now pinhead would of been pretty cool,him scorpion and quan chilling in hell haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Nd-ZNOGNM

Has the Mileena vs Noob match up

Letters some XP for u :D

Nutrient wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5Nd-ZNOGNM

Has the Mileena vs Noob match up

Letters some XP for u :D

was watchin it when it was on live :P
    a few matches earlier chrisg put out another very good mileena player is a simliar way to what happens to me, that death guy is so good though

he ended up top 8 in final round at the weekend just past

watch the archive of that if u can,so many class matches,
    cd jr lost to a nightwolf

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Ah Im glad I missed those poor MK komments, would've been arguing for ages again.

EVO 2 years in a row with a growing and maturing scene worldwide...... respect.

@Letters: / @Nutrient
    Yeah man Final Round was amazing.
    Truly a great performance from everybody.
    Kaught it from like half way Pool A to the end.
    Props to you know who for winning ;)

5V5 was awesome too, it was Brady all along! (Tom what are you doing in front of the kamera?) lol

@Jun: I want to fight you again dammit! :)

PS Hidden Kangs all day Letters! lmfao!

All the best,
    RAZER

i though the 5v5 was a bit diaspointing to be honest with the amount of build up,thought it would of been closer,think 16bit picked the wrong match ups

that was funny when he gave the fan to CD on the tourny day, the look of shock on CDs face :eek:

PS Hidden Kangs all day Letters! lmfao!

**** you buddy!
    when did it in the most recent session was so annoyed i tried for a babailty while the no blood code was on :o
    the random select kang mirror with me vs lar was funny :rolleyes:
    you've seemed to figure out the kabal/quan matchup now,wasnt getting away with the shenanigans,still stupid that i can be poked out of runetrap online though,damn netkode

• Advertisement

i though the 5v5 was a bit diaspointing to be honest with the amount of build up,thought it would of been closer,think 16bit picked the wrong match ups

that was funny when he gave the fan to CD on the tourny day, the look of shock on CDs face :eek:

**** you buddy!
    when did it in the most recent session was so annoyed i tried for a babailty while the no blood code was on :o
    the random select kang mirror with me vs lar was funny :rolleyes:
    you've seemed to figure out the kabal/quan matchup now,wasnt getting away with the shenanigans,still stupid that i can be poked out of runetrap online though,damn netkode

I would've liked to see it kloser myself.
    I missed the fan part lol thats sounds funny dude.

Just trying to stay kool while playing now, not jumping in all the time and getting blown up. But yeah online sucks for the kompetitive side of things.

All the best,
    RAZER

prize money for mk at MLG just got bumped up,wow :eek:

1st Place: $12,000
    2nd Place: $7,200
    3rd Place: $4,800
    4th Place: $3,200
    5th/6th Place: $2,000
    7th/8th Place: $1,100

in a video made by mk legend jamesmk aka paper legend to pefect legend.i get put in same sentence as reo and detroit balling, go me :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I saw that ;)

Left a komment on YT as soon as I heard it.

"...... IN THE GARBAGE!" lol legend of a man.

All the best,
    RAZER

I AM NOW STAFF ON TYM!!! **** YEAH!!!

espect any irish mk data to be front paged from now on :D
    will make the repping of europe's mk scene all the easier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

I AM NOW STAFF ON TYM!!! **** YEAH!!!

espect any irish mk data to be front paged from now on :D
    will make the repping of europe's mk scene all the easier

wooo!!

one problem though.. is the world really ready for standing C? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    wooo!!

No one is ready.

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    wooo!!

man im no fool, im not going to get irish broken tier nerfed on us,what would we have to deal with liu kang if we didnt have standing C and the chop chop vacuum :D
    ....they just dont know

man im no fool, im not going to get irish broken tier nerfed on us,what would we have to deal with liu kang if we didnt have standing C and the chop chop vacuum :D
    ....they just dont know

I'm so proud of you my tarkatan

Now go whisper them the words of danger

Police brutality, coming up!

Now go whisper them the words of danger

woolay!!

fixed that for you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Has anyone grabbed the Komplete edition on 360 yet? Just wondering if the patches will finally work offline with it.

deathrider wrote: »
    Has anyone grabbed the Komplete edition on 360 yet? Just wondering if the patches will finally work offline with it.

for the moment man dont go near the komplete edition, theres bugs that arent in normal one that are in the komplete edition, buffer bugs, combo bugs "the squatting bug".
    the hotfix that is coming to take out cyrax/smoke resets and nerf jaxs damage reset that coming out for consoles after vita release MAY fix these but there is different coding on the KE disc than the normal edition disc,
    the 16 new vita "exclusive" costumes are locked on the disc so there coming to consoles at some point,dunno if its going to be DLC or being able to transfer them from the vita

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

This makes me a sad panda.

Don't understand why they're messing around with miscellaneous details look hair coding in the komplete edition

Seems like it would make sense to patch out all the sillyness first then to tackle issues that don't even affect gameplay

Don't understand why they're messing around with miscellaneous details look hair coding in the komplete edition

Seems like it would make sense to patch out all the sillyness first then to tackle issues that don't even affect gameplay

yea i heard about the hair stuff, when u have cyrax and jax resets that do 100%,im not worrying if kitanas hair blows a odd way at times

stupid as well because KE would of been very handy for tourny use but what the point if still needs to be patched, should of waited and released the game with the vitas patch (which apparently fixed all issues in game but will prob give some a infin or some ****)

oh mk...you make it really tough at times

on a lighter note quan chi hit/block stun data just got posted so i now know a rune trap after skydrop that doesnt have the 2 frame gap to armor out,good times :)

• Advertisement

Apparently this is a viable tactic

Forward empty jump into B34
    The guessing games shall be fierce

Apparently this is a viable tactic

Forward empty jump into B34
    The guessing games shall be fierce

been at the sauce early today man?? :confused:

on a lighter note quan chi hit/block stun data just got posted so i now know a rune trap after skydrop that doesnt have the 2 frame gap to armor out,good times :)

raiden_and_quan_chi_by_tialasbetruger-d4sa6ao.png
    Lars and you are gonna rule the world with this discovery of Quan's frame data:/

LMFAO!! ^

oh coped on you meant that empty jump stuff with sektor, yea that u can cancel into special on whiff is crazy, same with sonya msf1

LMFAO!! ^

oh coped on you meant that empty jump stuff with sektor, yea that u can cancel into special on whiff is crazy, same with sonya msf1

Yeah i meant empty jump:/

But yeah same thing as Sonya basically, been playing with the 2 of em today and have been brushing up a tad bit

Yeah i meant empty jump:/

But yeah same thing as Sonya basically, been playing with the 2 of em today and have been brushing up a tad bit

good stuff,
    did ya seen much of MLG? cage messing people up

ive new stuff with mileena aswell,got sent to him on tym yesterday,
    put it into my bnb now, still does 35% but i get but i get 3% or 8% extra meter depending on where i want to be after the combo,on top of you or full screen...only small stuff but every little helps

good stuff,
    did ya seen much of MLG? cage messing people up

Saw the grand finals

Didn't know JC could combo after a deep forward jump kick into [I think forward 2?] into nut punch, Reset from a jump in kick,thats insane!

Saw the grand finals

Didn't know JC could combo after a deep forward jump kick into [I think forward 2?] into nut punch, Reset from a jump in kick,thats insane!

yep djk,f3~nutpunch, think in the corner you can get more in,
    mikemetroid or dizzy cant remember which was doing it loads at Final Round

yea ex/nutpunch best resets in game imo (not counting smoke/jax/cyrax exploits)
    stop wakeups and a free jip blockstring for meter/chip.
    id love if raka had a safe jump :(

yep djk,f3~nutpunch, think in the corner you can get more in,
    mikemetroid or dizzy cant remember which was doing it loads at Final Round

yea ex/nutpunch best resets in game imo (not counting smoke/jax/cyrax exploits)
    stop wakeups and a free jip blockstring for meter/chip.
    id love if raka had a safe jump :(

Could Raka not do the same thing?

djk>Chop Chop?

• Advertisement

Could Raka not do the same thing?

djk>Chop Chop?

he can but only in the corner,its very tight aswell with chop chop being 16 frames till active,compared to linking cages 9 frame f3.
    midscreen best ive ever gotten from a djk from baraka is d4~charge,just charge is alot easier though

mileena can sai to roll after a djk also

kitana gets like 30%+ from djk's,alot the combo unbreakable also

Advertisement