Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHELTENHAM - DAY 3: Thursday 17th March

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

J'y Vole (8/1) is almost certainly value although there are a few at bigger prices I'd be more interested in.

Tartak will appreciate the ground as will Roberto Goldback. He has form that ties in with J'y Vole and despite the fact that she gets an extra 2lbs in Britain than she would in Ireland, the difference in price between the two is enormous. She has course form but Roberto Goldback jumps really well and was going well when taken down by Riverside Theatre at Punchestown last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Thought Id let ye know I see Paddy Power is returning your stake if your horse finishes 2nd to Ruby Walshes saddle!In that case il be having a few e/w wagers on the best of the rest.Hes running scared of the irishman.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

My selections - Subject To Change. :P

1:30 Noble Prince (Win), Robinson Collonges (E/W)
    2:05 Barafundle (Win), Queiros Bleu (E/W)
    2:40 Kalahari King (Win)
    3:20 Big Bucks (Win - and I hope it does. Lumped on)
    4:00 Quartz De Thaix (Win), Beautiful Sound (E/W)
    4:40 Junior (Win), Faasel (E/W)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

For posterity and to give ye a laugh I'll stick up what I'll probably back tomorrow

1.30 Loosen My Load/Wishful Thinking EW and win respectively

2.05 Chartreux EW

3.20 Big Bucks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

NickDrake wrote: »
    Michael O'Leary has 4 horses going tomorrow. Surely a great chance of some doubles or accumulators??

His horses are on form
    NickDrake wrote: »
    You really are some ignorant person arent you. I know that for god sake. Same owner who is pumping money into each one. Getting the best food and care.

Who the hell do you think you are with your picture. YOu are the one looking like a clown. People cannot even discuss this great owner without being insulted.

Lololololol so hilarious.

Tomorrow might be the worst days racing in the history of the festival.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Reverse Forecast in the first for me: Wishfull Thinking and Robinson Collonges.

Also Wishfull Thinking,Sivota,Poquelin,Big Bucks and Aigle Dor €5 Each Way Acc.

Might throw in Mourad instead of Big Bucks as it being even money isn't worth a punt e/w

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Big Bucks, Kalahari, Noble Prince and Quarts E/W accum - thoughts?

Also mulling over Sivota. Argh!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Big Bucks, Kalahari, Noble Prince and Quarts E/W accum - thoughts?

Also mulling over Sivota. Argh!
    theres no value in including Big Bucks in an ew accumulator. Kalahari King is stepping up from 2m division and 2m5f takes an awful lot of stamina around Cheltenham and thats one reason I'm not a fan of his in this race. Noble Prince has a veery good chance of winning and I couldn't argue with that pick but price is everything. What did you take? About 9/2? I don't even know what Quarts is....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Nulty wrote: »
    theres no value in including Big Bucks in an ew accumulator. Kalahari King is stepping up from 2m division and 2m5f takes an awful lot of stamina around Cheltenham and thats one reason I'm not a fan of his in this race. Noble Prince has a veery good chance of winning and I couldn't argue with that pick but price is everything. What did you take? About 9/2? I don't even know what Quarts is....
    Sorry, Quartz de Thraix (or something like that).

Noble Prince is 6/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Fonze07

My 3 for tomorrow are:

1.30 Noble Prince

2.40 Poquelin

3.20 Big Bucks

• Advertisement

Loosen My Load / Bouggler
    ?
    Albertas Run / Roberto Goldback
    Big Bucks / Fiveforthree
    ?
    Gallant Nuit / Dance Island

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

I think Mr Gardner is an absolutely stunning each way bet. Was going nicely behind Captain Chris and Medermit before he nearly cut his body in half over the second last or so,never had a chance then. If he can brush up his jumping I can see him being bang there.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Big Bucks 11/10 with Paddy Power now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Noble Prince 1.30

Barafundle 2.05 EW doubled with Big Bucks..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

What about the Montjeu factor for Noble Prince?! :p

Looking back at his race last year he didn't get up the hill.

I think he has a good chance but Wishful Thinking is a strong favourite IMO.

Edit: I'll probably back Noble Prince anyway!

That_Guy wrote: »
    Big Bucks 11/10 with Paddy Power now.

Betfred have pushed him out to 5/4.

Big Bucks was available at 6/4 before the race last year. I think the bookies will take him on again this year, despite them not having such a good year as last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Looking back at his race last year he didn't get up the hill.

Inside information has informed me he ate his weetabix this morning and will fooking run like the clappers up the hill!!

Is that someone from the stable Manutd?

Lads are 5/4 aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭smokin ace

a question for the horse experts because the only thing i know about the horses is the head is to the front i have opened a paddy power online account with €10 to bet on 1 horse today who do you think i should bet it on
    thanks

smokin ace wrote: »
    a question for the horse experts because the only thing i know about the horses is the head is to the front i have opened a paddy power online account with €10 to bet on 1 horse today who do you think i should bet it on
    thanks

You're going to get about 50 different answers on here.
    Voy Por Ustedes each way in the 2.40 is my bet of the week I'd say,but a load of others are fancied.

• Advertisement

UrbanSea wrote: »
    You're going to get about 50 different answers on here.
    Voy Por Ustedes each way in the 2.40 is my bet of the week I'd say,but a load of others are fancied.

i know i am going to be told about 50 horses to back but i see a lot of people talking about a horse called big bucks what would peoples thoughts on that horse be

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

7 Pricewise today and our sweat continues on NOBLE PRINCE
    Fingers crossed.

Don't Push it e/w is worth a punt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Today i'll be going with Mr Gardner,Lush Life,Big Bucks,Poquelin,Edgbriar and Junior in an each way lucky 63.

i know i am going to be told about 50 horses to back but i see a lot of people talking about a horse called big bucks what would peoples thoughts on that horse be

Going for a three in a row in the race. Will be a short price,but has a challenger in Grands Crus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

Anyone think zaynar has a shout?

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Going for a three in a row in the race. Will be a short price,but has a challenger in Grands Crus.

would it be a safe enough bet going €5 each way on big bucks i know its not a lot of money in return but its only a bit of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Lucky 15 today €1 E/W

1.30 Robinson collonges 6/1
    2.40 Kalahari King 9/2
    3.20 Big Bucks evens
    4.40 Junior 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

would it be a safe enough bet going €5 each way on big bucks i know its not a lot of money in return but its only a bit of fun

it would appear safe but nothing is ever certain with this lark. maybe double up that bet with kalahari e/w, it'll give you interest in 2 races plus could provide a better return

• Advertisement

That's it.
    With a horse that short I don't know about each way,say if it comes second you'd only get about 2 euro back off your ten euro bet,if even.

Advertisement