Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Server [Survival][Whitelist][iZone][1.6.6][Google Maps]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭BlandKitten

Well, in the downtime I decided to make a logo for the server. Being the eternal perfectionist I am and being crap with photoshop as I am, I scrapped the whole thing. I was basing it off of the Boards.ie logo, but it said "now ye're minin'" and had some minecraft related stuff as the background, along with some info about the server (three words or so).

Anyone else feel up to doing the thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

So what's the DL on the the server... Trying to find out what is crashing the server?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

withdrawal symptoms are kicking in :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blargh! To the logs!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Rebooting in 5, apparently there's a memory leak, need to identify what now.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

So, im trying to set up a stop at my train station. It just some booster rails to stop the cart and a button to make it go. Here's a pic below.

flZU1.png

The problem is when im in the cart and i push the button the rails light up but the cart won't move. However when i'm not in the cart and i press the button the cart shoots off. Am i doing something wrong here?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeHgRiRcgVI&feature=autoplay&list=WLCBC4432EAE570B02&index=4&playnext=1

Is Dev on Junkyards server? Go to 4:30 on the video provided where they talk about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

The problem is when im in the cart and i push the button the rails light up but the cart won't move. However when i'm not in the cart and i press the button the cart shoots off. Am i doing something wrong here?

I've a similar problem, and I jsut can't figure it out. I've a track leading off from my home towards the first town. It's basically just a few powered rails with a button to turn them on. And when I hit it, I go flying off.

But I have the exact same setup in another part of my camp, whch won't move me at all. Do you have to be pointing in a certain direction or something? It's bizarre.

humanji wrote: »
    I've a similar problem, and I jsut can't figure it out. I've a track leading off from my home towards the first town. It's basically just a few powered rails with a button to turn them on. And when I hit it, I go flying off.

But I have the exact same setup in another part of my camp, whch won't move me at all. Do you have to be pointing in a certain direction or something? It's bizarre.

Maybe it's a bug of some sort. It only happens when i'm in the cart and works fines when im not so i'm not sure its the setup.

Does the one in your camp that isnt working properly launch the cart if it's empty?

No, it doesn't move at all. I think they were very premature in removing the cart boosting glitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Maybe remove the one that is flat and have the first powered rail you meet be on the slope, that's supposed to be enough to stop you and once it's powered gravity will start you off again.

__/¯\__
    >Direction of travel>
    Like this, red is powered rail, Black is normal rail

I have that and it doesn't work :(

Ya tried that as well but no luck.:(

Maybe remove the one that is flat and have the first powered rail you meet be on the slope, that's supposed to be enough to stop you and once it's powered gravity will start you off again.

__/¯\__
    >Direction of travel>
    Like this, red is powered rail, Black is normal rail

tried this again but placed the block with the button one block behind the rail instead of having it level with it and it now works.

So i've finished my station and Cavern City is now reachable via the Blue NUTS line to Cherrytown. Just travel down the blue line and you'll stop at a station and take the rail in the corner of this station. At the end of the line climb down the shaft into Cavern City.

Simples.

Also ill try and complete the return line from Cherrytown. I think it's nearly complete now but i'll have to mine more iron for rails.

If we use train stations we might be able to link up a lot of the server to the NUTS system.

EDIT: Just finished the return line. Thanks to Fitzeyboy for donating the iron. :)

Just finished a station on the red line. You now stop at about z=450 and hit a button for which place you want to go to. No need to even get off the minecart :P

Don't know if it's just me but I'm having a horrible time with the server right now. Every time I try to join the terrain doesn't load, and I fall straight away, only to be kicked and then have minecraft crash entirely. Also, if I do manage to get in, then any time I /home anywhere the same thing happens.

Not to mention the lag.

Edit: Keeps booting me for flying the second I try to join (at least I can see why it's been booting me now).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,778 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Don't know if it's just me but I'm having a horrible time with the server right now. Every time I try to join the terrain doesn't load, and I fall straight away, only to be kicked and then have minecraft crash entirely. Also, if I do manage to get in, then any time I /home anywhere the same thing happens.

Not to mention the lag.

Edit: Keeps booting me for flying the second I try to join (at least I can see why it's been booting me now).

Ive been noticing a problem with terrain not loaading in alot of places since the update

I dont know if its related but when i was in the Nether earlier i typed the /home command and fell down into lava and died. I lost everything including me newly made diamond pickaxe and shovel and all the glowstone i had collected.:(

I'm looking into it, but unfortunately it might be just down to the sheer size of the map at this point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Xenon560

I dont know if its related but when i was in the Nether earlier i typed the /home command and fell down into lava and died. I lost everything including me newly made diamond pickaxe and shovel and all the glowstone i had collected.:(

Thats coz /home just remembers your coordinates and in the nether, thats most likely in lava

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stokolan

VinLieger wrote: »
    Ive been noticing a problem with terrain not loaading in alot of places since the update

I've noticed that, But only noticed that it happens after I leave the nether!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

I'm looking into it, but unfortunately it might be just down to the sheer size of the map at this point
    Will this mean a new map?
    That'd be good imo

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Zantergog

I find a problem with my home settings, sometime, and only sometimes, teleporting to one of my home locations ends up killing me, I can't move but don't appear to be encased in rock. Other times the SAME home lets me TP in ok, obviously I set it somewhere else but the same thing happend with this new home. I also get a hole below me when TP initially to spawn or any home location, I just relog and im back on solid ground. Would a new map meen losing the world? seems a drastic thing to do. I'm against reseting the world

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

Botulism wrote: »
    Will this mean a new map?
    That'd be good imo

Nothing wrong with that theres so much dormant stuff atm and at least we'd be able to restrict the map size in a new map? Would we?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

I remember when the server opened and everyone was together doing the town it was great to be there at the start, you may have people protesting as they've set up a lot of things, a new start gives new opportunities such as nations, people could start off in groups of 6-10 (this'll stop people being to big too quick) and go off and build a town, I'm probably getting ahead of myself though, I wouldn't mind either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭AirBiscuit

Tankran wrote: »
    Nothing wrong with that theres so much dormant stuff atm and at least we'd be able to restrict the map size in a new map? Would we?
    No unfortunately.
    But it's pretty ridiculous how far people go for no apparent reason

New map would have to be voted upon. Of course the current map would be uploaded for everyone to download :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Crow92

Is it down atm?

• Advertisement

I'm having a lot of trouble connecting. Also, a new map? Bit iffy about that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement