Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

POI won't be on for a while. Well that's annoying..

• Registered Users Posts: 60,388 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Back on the 4th of February.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

Back on the 4th of February.
    just enough time for shaw to have her kid id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Bah! Avoided the thread all day to avoid spoilers, only now discovering it wasn't on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

^ Same. This is one reason why I don't usually bother to follow US shows week to week as they just disappear some weeks for stupid reasons like NFL or whatever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Ageyev wrote: »
    ^ Same. This is one reason why I don't usually bother to follow US shows week to week as they just disappear some weeks for stupid reasons like NFL or whatever.
    MLK day too in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

At least now we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

But Root doesn't have her answer!! Effing hell, Acker is knocking it out of the park. The amount of emotions that cross her face in a matter of seconds. My heart is breaking.

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Acker was flawless as per usual, but it felt like quite a weak episode overall, particularly on the back of the previous two. I also think that they played the Shaw are far too soon as to whether she was still in the picture or not - seems to take away from all of the 'is she/isn't she' built up over the past episodes.

What do you think Samaritan intends to do with Shaw? "I sincerely hope you got some rest, you're going to need it"

Weak indeed. The whole Shaw storyline is getting old so I think it needs a new angle. Was not a brilliant episode. It's unknown as to where POI is going, will Team Machine give up or will Samaritan drop a bomb shell?

• Advertisement

Spoiler Alert!!

I'm happy with next weeks guest star. :D

Mr. G wrote: »
    The whole Shaw storyline is getting old so I think it needs a new angle.

In fairness, it's only the second episode since she vanished.

mike_ie wrote: »
    Acker was flawless as per usual, but it felt like quite a weak episode overall, particularly on the back of the previous two. I also think that they played the Shaw are far too soon as to whether she was still in the picture or not - seems to take away from all of the 'is she/isn't she' built up over the past episodes.

Bit surprised at that too.
    I'd presumed Root would storm off for a few episodes, they'd do a couple of numbers of the week maybe tangentially relevant, then head back to the main story.

But then for no apparent reason, they needlessly tacked on that few seconds at the end.

Then again, it wouldn't be the first time this show had done something odd that turned out to have a perfectly valid reason.

Mr. G wrote: »

Weak indeed.

Same. I wasn't going to post here because this episode did nothing for me and I figured maybe it's just me.

Wish they would get back to the numbers of the week.

Did anything ever come about from Fitch hacking that woman's laptop in China?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭squonk

I felt myself they didn't need to really do the reveal now but I thought the episode was average in content but great in emotion. The point of the episode really was 'Let's find Shaw' and it really emphasised Shaw's loss on the team. I found myself early on just wishing Shaw would reappear. I almost ended up in tears at the end where the machine responded. It was such a palpable loss and I realised just how invested in the show I am at this stage. Comparing it to something like Sons of Anarchy where they shot Bobby and you kind of felt "Oh he deserved a better ending but, oh well", to this where you could actually feel the loss. Personally I think the content of the episode wasn't as important compared to the mood. I did feel sorry for Ms. Thompson though. She was a pawn and is now reviled by Team Machine and Samaritan and a dead woman walking. I got the impression they were trying to draw a similarity between her and people like Nazi collaborators. Anyone who collaborates with an evil regime for whatever reason based on self interest. I really wonder what Samaritan has in store for Shaw? The show is just some of the finest television I've seen in a long, long time. Hands down it's the best show on TV right now.

Yeah considering that Team Machine has Fusco pretty much at its core, it was a bit callous of the other two on Ms. Thompson. she was in a total no win scenario, had a heart attack and awakens in the clutches of Samaritan with a pace maker that would be switched off immediately on non-compliance. She was as much a victim as many that they save.

I suppose Fusco has cleaned up his act really so he's demonstrated that he is willing and can reform. I found the episode a little troubling actually in that there seemed to be real dissent in the Team Machine camp and Harold really couldn't control his team. The jury really is out on whether torturing Ms Thompson was necessary. Yes, in this case it provided a result but it's led to an uncomfortable new question as to whether Team Machine are really 'The Good Guys'. They're the lesser of two evils for sure but the treatment of Ms Thompson by John & Root was wrong. She mightn't have known anything either. She was really just a scared woman in an impossible situation. Only Finch recognised this. I can only imagine that Shaw's loss caused both to be led by their emotions, thus setting themselves apart from the usual emotionless goal-oriented characters they are. The question is whether this is just an aberation or a somewhat unsettling new direction for Team Machine?

I really don't get why people were unimpressed with this episode. What lay below the relatively banal main plot was quite dark and troubling. I normally laugh at those "If you've been affected by the events portrayed in tonights episode call...". but I almost think they could have tacked on something like that to the end credits here! I really felt it was one of the best episodes yet.

Anyone else reckon Fusco's ex-IA friend is the new Shaw?

" Anyone else reckon Fusco's ex-IA friend is the new Shaw?"

I got that impression yeah certainly going by their last exchange in the police station.

I thought that the cracks showing in Team Machine were great to watch, with Harold desperately trying to hold it together.

Anyone else find Root's "goodbye Harold" a bit final??

Yeah I did. I'm not sure what was meant by it though. Could have be "Fúck you Harold, I'll be back tomorrow", or "I'm done with this shít". I suspect it's the former. I suppose from her perspective she's lost someone she cares about and her only other real 'friend', the machine, doesn't really seem to care. Although the machine is just trying to keep them focused and, therefore, alive.

• Advertisement

Yeah I think it was an pissed off goodbye and see you tomorrow but with Root it could have been both and that she was going off solo to find Shaw

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Anyone else think that the Shaw is going to be a Samaritan agent the next time that we see her?

Most likely controlled by those neural implants we were shown this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Surprised with how graphic the interrogation was for a network show. Really showed the lengths Root will go to save Shaw, and that she may be on the good side this time, but her mean streak isn't entirely eradicated.

CatInABox wrote: »
    Anyone else think that the Shaw is going to be a Samaritan agent the next time that we see her?

You got a nice mention in the episode.
    Yeah I think that she has been implanted and something bad will come of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

CatInABox wrote: »

Yea, she'll be just like that blonde one that works for Samaritan! Robot like.

Also to all those who said shaw was dead.........................
    I told you so! :)

This is going to sound insane. But if ever this show gets cancelled prematurely, I'm going to look back and wish it was after Control-Alt-Delete. I went back and watched the last 5 mins of that again before this week's ep. And after. And at least four times since.

I really hope the show gets to a conclusion (and there's no reason to think it won't), but that was awesome.

There's a moment where a visibly upset Root stops talking to Harold, an exhausted and injured Reese wakes up and glances over at her, and nobody needs to speak, that's one of the best scenes I've seen in any show.

Luckily, I'm sure they'll top that next week

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

another very good episode, i dont mind the shaw reveal, i would have prefered they killed her and be done with speculation, i think its below the show, but seeing as sarah shahi was pregnant and is such a vital and kick ass character i suppose i can forgive them,

but if they make her a samaritan agent im gonna be pissed, yet again it would be lazy storytelling and further below the high standards i have come to expect from this show,

i kinda clicked it right from the off that the town was very off, a bit to clean cut, but i think that was made obvious on purpose, reese root and shaw, even for all the good work they do for the machine are all people who have a lot of red on their ledgers, irregardless of how many they save, you forget sometimes what they done to get on the machines radar, reese and shaw were people who wanted to help, but were also company drones doing as they were told and enjoyed it till they were screwed over, shaw was a straight up assassin for hire,

i wonder if their already plotting a new identity for john with fuscos new partner, i cant see her staying in the gang unit for much longer,

• Registered Users Posts: 55,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nice standalone episode. Even filler episodes of PoI are good. :)

Just needs a Leon episode now :D

• Advertisement

Legit did a fistpump when
    Zoe came on screen

Great to see a numer-of-the-week episode again. I kinda want to go back and rewatch from the first series. Has anyone done this?

Advertisement