Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,503 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Season finale tonight.

Jonathan Nolan has confirmed
    A big-ass cliffhanger

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

What season is it on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭brian_t

cena wrote: »
    What season is it on RTE
    Season 3 (Episode 19 was shown on Monday)

Channel 5 is also showing season 3 (Episode 7 was shown on Monday)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Barry5714

cena wrote: »
    What season is it on RTE

Next episode on RTE is S03E20 Monday 11th May

There are 23 Episodes in Season 3 altogether...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Epic. Pink Floyd makes everything epic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

+1 - EPIC!

• Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Great finale. Definitely stepped it up from the past few filler episodes.

Did think when I was watching it that the "FATHER I AM SORRY" on-screen dialogue was a little bit sugar coated, but thinking back on it, it fitted quite well. All to the backdrop of Pink Floyd's 'Welcome to The Machine' of course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Incredible finale. Only an inevitable renewal statement and another 4 months until season 4.
    Can you hear me?

Yes.

Then kill the lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,970 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they cancel this series, someone will take the heads and lock them in a deep dark hole.

It is one of the best shows on tv and that finale was excellent. Knew Control was being played but was just so well done.

And now the remaining members will have to keep a lower profile than they did for this season, with no Machine to help

• Registered Users Posts: 55,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

There is ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE of this show being cancelled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Just realised how long 4 months actually is. Not happy. If its cancelled I'll cry.

Great Last episode. Brought a tear to my eye
    I am sorry father....... Let me die

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

I havent seen "Her" yet but I imagine PoI put it to shame in terms of tear-jerking moments :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

unbelievable final, kinda sorry to elias go to be honest, he was a good bad guy, very smart, id say he suspected the machine existed, just didnt know just how big of a threat it was to him, not to bothered about dominic, good character but no elias,

i wonder what samartian is gonna do with the gang now, they are the only treat to its continued existence and control, but it promised the machine it would let them go, well harold and root anyway,

i do wonder how much longer the show can continue keeping it up at this level, id love to see it run the 7 seasons, but not at the cost of the show selling its soul, getting to convoluted and whatnot, i dont think things can get worse for the machine, so 1 or 2 more seasons for the re-ascension of the machine, and fall of samartian,

i really wish control just put a bullet in greers head when she had the chance, i wonder why samaritan spared her but killed those who worked with her, i know she done what was good and liked that there was oversight in what she done and it was right what she done, but so did those she worked with,

that was probably the best season finale of POI, they always had great season run ins, but never a great season finale, they are generally tame enough, but that was top notch all around,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,386 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Elias
    I don't think is dead as he was still alive in that scene and it looked just like an upper chest wound, so it would be survivable

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭DamienOB

Skerries wrote: »
    Elias
    I don't think is dead as he was still alive in that scene and it looked just like an upper chest wound, so it would be survivable

Read this link: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/person-interest-finale-elias-dominic-793661
    Plageman admits it wasn't fun to inform Duke and Colantoni that their characters were meeting their demise in the episode. "It's heartbreaking; it's terrible," Plageman says of delivering the news. "It's just terrible — I can't stand it. Because they've been on the show for such extended periods of time, they start to believe that they can cheat death, and when the reaper finally comes — they give you a hug, but they always wonder, 'Well, am I going to come back in flashback?' "

Hope you're right though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I was sitting down annoyed last week, and for half of this week, at how stupid Samaritan was when she had an operative write down their plan in a notebook. Oh me of little faith!

Excellent episode and once again Samaritan wins. Really interested in seeing how they get off of their latest situation - even out of that fire fight. Seeing them John and Root communicate with Root led to some excellent action scenes.

Poor Keith Mars.

I'm now also thinking that Fusco is the only character whose survival is guaranteed...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,796 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the storm trooper school of marksmanship?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

ixoy wrote: »

I'm now also thinking that Fusco is the only character whose survival is guaranteed...

Bear has stayed out of harm's way completely!

ugh not impressed with end of show, not sure i like, 'sorry, father' stuff, i thought the machine was told to protect life and did it's damnedest to do so, no sorry about it.

• Advertisement

ugh not impressed with end of show, not sure i like, 'sorry, father' stuff, i thought the machine was told to protect life and did it's damnedest to do so, no sorry about it.
    but the machine is more or less still a child, and wanted to do better for its creator, harold instilled the machine with strong morals, so in the machines thoughts its failed in what it was created to do,

thats why i love this show, you really care for the machine, it is a character in the show,

don ramo wrote: »
    but the machine is more or less still a child, and wanted to do better for its creator, harold instilled the machine with strong morals, so in the machines thoughts its failed in what it was created to do,

thats why i love this show, you really care for the machine, it is a character in the show,

morals? or simply instructions.

morals? or simply instructions.
    its an AI, meaning it can distinguish for itself what is right and wrong, samartian is an AI that was not instilled with morals, just simply created and left do whatever it wanted, harold made i think over 100 different AIs before he finally let the machine as it is now survive, weve seen him create multiple AIs thats tried to do what it wanted, disobeying harolds commands,

the machine has been educated rather than programmed, weve seen harold train the machine over the last few seasons, and once he believed he could trust it to do the right thing, he allowed to exist free from his control,

don ramo wrote: »
    its an AI, meaning it can distinguish for itself what is right and wrong, samartian is an AI that was not instilled with morals, just simply created and left do whatever it wanted, harold made i think over 100 different AIs before he finally let the machine as it is now survive, weve seen him create multiple AIs thats tried to do what it wanted, disobeying harolds commands,

the machine has been educated rather than programmed, weve seen harold train the machine over the last few seasons, and once he believed he could trust it to do the right thing, he allowed to exist free from his control,

disobeying Harold? had he simply not given it the right instructions, he didn't forsee all the consequences of them?

it can distinguish between someone being killed or not, and/or between the many and the few.

Where did you get your views on right and wrong? Mainly from parental instructions??

That's the main thrust of AI. What constitutes Intelligence/Sentience Vs Good Programming.
    Now, when watching this show, I think that it's counter productive to view it in the Programming camp.

Anyone else not buy the sniper? As in a plot point.
    How does he figure enough time to follow, wait for crash, park, get into building, set up rifle AND fortuitously have Dominic slow down Elias's escape

Where did you get your views on right and wrong? Mainly from parental instructions??

That's the main thrust of AI. What constitutes Intelligence/Sentience Vs Good Programming.
    Now, when watching this show, I think that it's counter productive to view it in the Programming camp.

How does he figure enough time to follow, wait for crash, park, get into building, set up rifle AND fortuitously have Dominic slow down Elias's escape

• Registered Users Posts: 33,454 ✭✭✭✭Penn

In the same way The Machine can figure out premeditated murders and stop them before they happen, so can Samaritan. All it would have taken was some of Elias' men talking on a phone about where they were going to free Elias, and Samaritan would have figured it was the perfect place to hit them both and sent an operative there before the crash even happened, because they knew it would happen there.

Except he left after the convoy and only just got the shots off because Dominic survived and then slowed by Fusco

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Dominic could well have been the primary target with Elias being a nice-to-kill or an opportunity-kill rather than a must-kill. While both are/were crime lords, Dominic was a much bigger and more visible threat to the general public than Elias and it's not like they killed every criminal in the country, just very specific ones.

• Advertisement

disobeying Harold? had he simply not given it the right instructions, he didn't forsee all the consequences of them?

it can distinguish between someone being killed or not, and/or between the many and the few.
    harold doesnt give it instructions, so it cant disobey harold, harold gave it a purpose, to help people in danger, and left it to do whatever it wants, it can choose not to save people if it wants, it is by all intents and purpose a human, just without a body, and much much smarter,

that i believe was the first time that harold and machine have spoken to each other in the show, bar the flashbacks weve seen over the last few seasons, where harold was educating it,

weve seen samaritan take control of a town and make its people do as it wants, they didnt know it was a machine doing it, but harolds machine could have done that if it wanted, and more, it can see all possibilities,

Advertisement