Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MOH wrote: »
    Plus you can always lie to yourself that you'll ration them out yourself to 1 or two a week but actually stay up for a whole week binge watching the shít out of the show any ways as you slowly turn into a zombie.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,458 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Please tell me this is on this week.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Please tell me this is on this week.

Yup back tomorrow night in the States.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Also an hour earlier with the time difference, clocks in america changed at the weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Yup back tomorrow night in the States.

Followed by another two week break. It's really extracting the urine at this stage.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Followed by another two week break. It's really extracting the urine at this stage.

I really despise these breaks. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Are they trying to kill off the show, talk about ruining the flow /enjoyment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

deco nate wrote: »

...and another two week break after the episode on the 24th.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

they dont know what to do without shaw, they would have been better off killing her off, the main story has to take a side track until she returns and samaritan can be central to the plot again, the last 2-3 episodes were pure filler,

but i dont know why they dont use the time to do some elias dominic stuff, or more about control,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

deco nate wrote: »
    'Person of Interest' is the worst of all the drama shows I watch for taking breaks. It's following an old old model.
    Cable shows generally do a straight run of their 10-13 episodes with maybe a one week break for a national holiday and the flow is a lot better.

Other network shows though now also adopt the cable model despite having their 22-23 episodes. 'Agents of Shield' on ABC for example took an 8 week break, showing consecutive episodes in two solid blocks (and smartly inserting another Marvel show in between). The result means it's a lot smoother. They've done the same for another of their shows in 'Once Upon a Time', which also has two solid blocks with a long break in between. Far better and proves main networks can use this method.
    CW also tends to have bigger gaps and more regular blocks for the likes of 'Supernatural' where you might have a four week break and then 4-5 episodes but not this nonsense that CBS are doing for 'Person of Interest'.

So just because it was the model that it used to be, doesn't mean it shouldn't change: Others have proven that it can be and work fine.

A great episode.

Good man John:D

Loved that episode but not the 2 week break again.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Great episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,663 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source

Taraji P. Henson back as Joss Carter

Zoe :D

At least we great 2 episodes in a row before another gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,912 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think Root and Samaritan agent need to take fight scene lessons from Banshee.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Strange episode with an air of melancholy. Quite clever in a way (John turning up the heating every few minutes). I liked it, but didn't love it. Nice to see Carter again - she left a hole that hasn't been completely filled in yet.

It is another episode where we see John grow as a human being again.. He started out as a machine.

Personally I find John's personality boring. I found this episode boring.

I find Root and Martine much more interesting as characters :)

• Advertisement

An odd episode. Well done if not a bit on the boring side. I'm not sure if John's fate was supposed to be a cliffhanger, because he's clearly saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

Strange episode for sure and _almost_ a clip show! It struck me as filler PoI style! It really was great to see Carter back. Seeing her again made me realise how much I missed her from the show. Taraji is a great actress. She's really a standout on Empire at the moment.

Nice to see John being a little more human but it was the first episode in a while that nothing much happened. They've certainly earned a filler at this point though. I've been so well entertained this season so far.

I can't help feeling though that the season has kind of lost direction since Shaw was abducted. It's almost like they don't know what to do while she's out of the picture. I had really expected Dominic/Elias to come back in focus for the rest of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

...aaaaaaaand back to normal.

That episode was like The Empire Strikes Back. All hope is lost. :eek:

I fistpumped when something happened to a certain someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

wow that was some magnificent return to form, not that the 4 or 5 were bad, but they had strayed off story for a bit,

i just wonder how the hell their gonna pull this off, its either gonna epic or were in for a world of disappointment, but given the show record i expect the first option:), so much awesomeness for one episode,

and thank **** they killed that stupid robot bitch, christ shes been bugging me for ages :pac::pac::pac:

Loved that episode!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Did Johns hair look different this week to last week?
    Lot darker or something.

Given that they have confirmed
    only one machine will make it through next week alive
    , after this week I'm feeling like it'll be
    Samaritan
    , meaning next season is gonna be :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,384 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Given that they have confirmed
    only one machine will make it through next week alive
    , after this week I'm feeling like it'll be
    Samaritan
    , meaning next season is gonna be :eek:

I'd nearly go the other way. I think
    The Machine will survive and next season will be all out war between Dominic and Elias. Elias has already shown he can prevent The Machine from knowing what he's going to do, and Dominic is copping on to it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭squonk

Great episode! I don't know about anyone else but I almost cried when Root and Harold were captured and it looked like they were going to take Root out of the game.

Elias looks like he's leveled the playing field with Dominic after this. Although this storyline was good I found it less compelling than the main attraction.

The soccer mom cum Samaritan agent was a good foreshadowing piece.

They're definitely back on form. I'm wondering if the machine has actually given away it's location however. Once Finch and Root were free it could have told them it was anywhere as long as the location looked plausible. In fact, looking at things from the Samaritan point of view, the most efficient and reliable option was e the cochlear implant. While I could see the Machine giving a Samaritan agent a painless way out, Samaritan is cold, logical and uncaring.

It's a rare show that makes you care about it's characters so much. It's a shame that Sameen is now on Team Samaritan. I'm hoping though that she's playing a long game and still Team Machine at the core.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Great episode! I don't know about anyone else but I almost cried when Root and Harold were captured and it looked like they were going to take Root out of the game.

Elias looks like he's leveled the playing field with Dominic after this. Although this storyline was good I found it less compelling than the main attraction.

The soccer mom cum Samaritan agent was a good foreshadowing piece.

They're definitely back on form. I'm wondering if the machine has actually given away it's location however. Once Finch and Root were free it could have told them it was anywhere as long as the location looked plausible. In fact, looking at things from the Samaritan point of view, the most efficient and reliable option was e the cochlear implant. While I could see the Machine giving a Samaritan agent a painless way out, Samaritan is cold, logical and uncaring.

It's a rare show that makes you care about it's characters so much. It's a shame that Sameen is now on Team Samaritan. I'm hoping though that she's playing a long game and still Team Machine at the core.

I'm hoping she might be as she did ring Root saying "I need your help". The best part of that last episode was this part:

I love the Root v Martine thing! In fact the whole "interchangeable" thing I loved. Can't wait for the next episode.

Advertisement