Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I had a bottle of commiseration Bubbly last night with Mrs Goat.
    I've also committed myself to going to about 5 Burlesque&Caberat events over the next month or two. I shall be glittered out.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

looksee wrote: »
    Aaah OG, had it faded away? That's sad. Maybe we should have a little send off - *eyes The Cabinet*

Stop encouraging him, he'll just wallow in self-pity now.

/Orders another two bottles of Self-Pity

• Registered Users Posts: 28,079 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Call it what you like, I am quite willing to share the self-pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

OG old chap, you could start a Burlesque thread in here you know. :)

And even though tis not my cup of tea, I am sure a little liquid refreshment from a certain cabinet would aid my understanding of the genre. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aw, poor OG. It's probably for the best. You're not getting any younger you know :p

/Runs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I hope us ladies of discernment are not expected to dress in burlesque style from now on.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Well obviously myself and Chucken have feathers............

But as I am on crutches at the moment I think I will keep mine unruffled :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Ramette wrote: »
    I hope us ladies of discernment are not expected to dress in burlesque style from now on.....
    Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwww! Pewer ting! Der Der Brens, it'll be better when you have your jalo..........motor car fixed. If at first you don't succeed, try, try, tr,y, try, and keep trying until you run outta money!

Phhhwwooooowwaaa! That vision of scantily-clad persons of the female persuasion is welded into my brain now and there's no confession until Saturday. And I betcha the priest gives me loads of penance - I could be there for quite some time.

I was going to slide under my mowhur vehickle today with spanners, new steering tie rods, new rear axle bushes, new anti-roll bar links, new exhaust clamps, etc., etc, but, with that image of lady-type people in immodest costumes being constantly flashed onto my retinas, I probably wouldn't fit under the car.

Oh well! A cold shower should work and, at the same time, give our lovely new water meter a good workout. Alcohol; general boldness and now, erotically-clad ladies? I'll have to stop reading Os & Os.

Ah its all in your imagination Brensbenz. I was going to make a comment about jacks and cars and stuff but I have decided not to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

OldGoat wrote: »
    I've also committed myself to going to about 5 Burlesque&Caberat events over the next month or two. I shall be glittered out.
    Where? When? What happened the Burlesque & Cabaret forum??

What is the reason for closing a forum anyway? Lack of posts? Does that mean if we keep quiet around here, the asylum will close down? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Doubt they would close us down Jellybaby. If they did we would only start wandering and creating havoc in other forums.

Safer to keep us all here, plotting ways of getting to OGs drink cabinet and putting on the kettle for tea rather than straying into unknown places.

We all make the odd breakout but at least we know how to find our way back, imagine what chaos we could cause if we weren't kept here for our own safety :P

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

*meanders past whistling innocently

the more observant of you will notice a trail of sandy soil dropping from my trouser legs

morning all ;)

Where? When? What happened the Burlesque & Cabaret forum??
    I'll get a list of stuff later (no access to my schedule from here). Off the top of my head there is:
    A Bugle Babes gig - an Andrews Sisters clone band.
    A Burlesque&Cabaret show in The Sugar Club.
    A PonyGirls Vs. The Orchids show that I'm really looking forward too.
    A Nina Simone tribute night with Jamie Nancy singing out the songs.
    I 'think' there is a Durty Circus gig in Galway.

The forum was dead. The only posts in there were the occasional advertising promotion. No discussion or interaction. I was hoping it would be a melting pot of fans and performers each encouraging the other to bigger and better things at the various shows but... :(
    It was just tying up (forum) real estate in the Arts Category so I asked for it to be closed. Splinter and myself had been thinking about it for the last year or more.
    Needless to say that the Burlesque scene is still strong but apparently around the country but no-one wants to talk about it.

Perhaps that is part of the appeal of burlesque - the underground, subversive speakeasy, clandestine ambiance about it. It has an air of being Naughty and can only be talked about in hushed tones over tea and cakes rather then out in full public view.

Needless to say that the Burlesque scene is still strong but apparently around the country but no-one wants to talk about it.

Perhaps that is part of the appeal of burlesque - the underground, subversive speakeasy, clandestine ambiance about it. It has an air of being Naughty and can only be talked about in hushed tones over tea and cakes rather then out in full public view.

:D Or maybe like my historical dressing up Viking stuff, you don't say too much because people think - while smiling politely - that you are nuts!

Nuts and happily so. :)

Very happily so, OG. It makes me smile just thinking about it. It is possible, by putting on a 'costume' and moving into a different environment, to leave behind daily aggravations and become whomever you choose for a while. Very relaxing!

I actually need an excuse right now to get out of an event where I will have to be in a costume of some sort. My whole being cringes at the thought of it. I will look such a dork! I thought of sending OG instead but unfortunately for him there are no feathers or sequins involved. In fact, for OG it would be mightliy drab. I'm not a celebrity, but get me outta here anyway! :eek:

Whats the event and the dresscode JB?

• Advertisement

I feel jealous of Looksee as I always wanted to dress up as a wild Celt or Viking with a Dane axe

What's stopping you Rube?

Whats the event and the dresscode JB?

Party-ish. I haven't decided which way to go, but I am leaning towards......Amish! :o

What's stopping you Rube?

I shaved off me beard :eek:

I don't have a Dane axe (suspect it would be classed as an offensive edged weapon)

And I dunno who I could get away with slaughtering these days....... :pac:

Im mad for the pillaging

oooh I love it

the lads call me the pillage idiot.........at least...........hmmmmmmmmm

BBDBB wrote: »
    Im mad for the pillaging

oooh I love it

the lads call me the pillage idiot.........at least...........hmmmmmmmmm

Did you pillage our tower? :mad:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057225545

Loads of dressing up going on around here this year :)

you got nathin on me

NATHIN!

BBDBB wrote: »
    you got nathin on me

NATHIN!

:eek:

Nekid BBDBB on the loose!!

Not a pleasing image to put in my mind Chuck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

:D Or maybe like my historical dressing up Viking stuff,

:eek: I may have tried to sell you my daughter and her friend some years ago. I offered you them in barter for a pig.

(My daughter knew it was a joke, but her visiting fried was aghast and shocked. They were about 6 at the time. The whole thing backfired on me terribly - and I never did get the pig.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement