Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,138 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Didn't the third line go

Den de diddlee, den de diddlee, den de diddlee den,
    etc

I could easily be wrong, I am not very musical!

I shall expire from the heat today, I am going to talk to 60 primary children about being a Viking, in all my kit, two layers of linen and one of wool! Plus boots, headdress and all decorative paraphernalia. A feather boa would be much cooler!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

looksee wrote: »

I shall expire from the heat today, I am going to talk to 60 primary children about being a Viking, in all my kit, two layers of linen and one of wool! Plus boots, headdress and all decorative paraphernalia. A feather boa would be much cooler!

Don't forget the big hatchet, and the shield.

[URL="[IMG]http://i62.tinypic.com/15he5cl.jpg[/IMG]"]15he5cl.jpg[/URL]

Wrong variety Martinn! (though that is a remarkably accurate pic of a Viking, there is usually something 'wrong' :-) )

Dammit JB I have been dum-de-dumming the Archers themetune for the last hour...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

A feather boa would be much cooler!
    In combination with a linen Viborg shirt.
    http://ribevikingecenter.dk/media/10424/Flaxreport.pdf

I love linen. The only thing I like about the oppressive heat of the summer is the opportunity to wear linen suits.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Lovely stuff to wear, very comfortable. That's an interesting article OG, not seen that particular one, will have a read later. Whatever about spinning wool, I don't think I would have the patience for flax!

• Advertisement

I found that paper a while ago when I was researching linen for a milliner who wanted to know if anyone had ever used the fabric in making top hats.
    Vikings and silk toppers - when worlds collide. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Ah, the Archers, haven't seen heard them in decades. I remember the theme, it went.....

Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee den dee den dennn
    Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee dendilly deeee
    Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee den dee den dennn
    Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee dendilly deeee

Altogether now....
    Didn't the third line go

Den de diddlee, den de diddlee, den de diddlee den,
    etc

I could easily be wrong, I am not very musical!
    Dammit JB I have been dum-de-dumming the Archers themetune for the last hour...

Yiz must be humming the hip hop version! It's not in the key of Den. The correct key, as stated by Looksee, is Dumpy, as in:

Dumpy dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpy dum dum
    Dumpy dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpiddy dum

Dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpy dum dum.....

Bet yiz can't hum that without waving your arms about, conducting!

http://www.mp3olimp.net/barwick-green/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

155810.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Ooooh Chuckie, my family could do with some of that virus called 'Work' aka 'a job'! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

BrensBenz wrote: »
    Yiz must be humming the hip hop version! It's not in the key of Den. The correct key, as stated by Looksee, is Dumpy, as in:

Dumpy dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpy dum dum
    Dumpy dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpiddy dum

Dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpy dum
    Dumpy dumpy dum dum.....

Bet yiz can't hum that without waving your arms about, conducting!

http://www.mp3olimp.net/barwick-green/

It is Not Den or Dumpy you know it is DOO

Doo de doo de dooty doo
    Dooty dooty doo doo
    Doo de doo de dooty doo
    Dooty diddle dee da

But I can see where you may think it is otherwise due to the atmospherics on the light programme, especially if it is coming to you via a link to radio Luxembourg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Ooooh Chuckie, my family could do with some of that virus called 'Work' aka 'a job'! :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Aw JB I'm sorry :( but I'll tell you, I never worked as much as I did when I was on the dole. Fcekin housework is never ending!
    Thats work!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Ok everybody, we are eating outside this evening. The wine is chilled,the tea is brewed, beer is in the fridge.

You can all doo,doo, daa,daa and dum,dum to you hearts content out there,

For anyone not solely on a liquid diet, food is also available.

Let's party, it's hot, hot hot.

Dee Doo Doo Doo Dee Dah Dah Dah is another tune all together Hen. Come to think of it so is Hot Hot Hot.

BUT who cares, Let's all PARTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

(PS Free Parking for zimmers is available courtesy of OG who is also putting up his Drinky prices to cover the costs.)

/Nabs the shady spot under the apple tree.

Hey OG don't crush me apples... I wanna make a cider. ;)

Music, we need music..........

Now if only we knew someone who knows something about music :rolleyes:

Ah OG there you are, didn't notice you in the shade.

Something to annoy the neighbours please :D:D

Here, shove over OG, I prefer the shade too. Can't be doing with all this sun. Sigh.

Glass of vino Looksee?

Excellent! Well that would be another glass, just had one with the dinner :-)

Ah this is lovely

*wonders if it hot enough to unbutton his duffel coat yet*

• Advertisement

Oooh, careful Rube, wouldn't want to catch a cold :-(

Rubecula wrote: »
    Doo de doo de dooty doo
    Dooty dooty doo doo
    Doo de doo de dooty doo
    Dooty diddle dee da

That doesn't even rhyme!
    Layinghen wrote: »
    Ok everybody, we are eating outside this evening. The wine is chilled,the tea is brewed, beer is in the fridge.

You can all doo,doo, daa,daa and dum,dum to you hearts content out there,

For anyone not solely on a liquid diet, food is also available.

Let's party, it's hot, hot hot.

For my last significant birthday, I was given a present of a barbie (not Barbie). Now, using a barbie is cooking and you know what I think of that activity. So I graciously thanked the donor, parked the barbie in the garden, bought a lovely waterproof, UV proof, bug proof barbie cover and the barbie has been well-dressed ever since.

Last week, I noticed that the lovely waterproof, UV proof, bug proof barbie cover had become home for a range of exotic flora and was disintegrating.

Now, another significant birthday is approaching and my demesne has been nominated for a birthday barbie. I'm fairly confident that the metal parts of the barbie have survived but I'm not so confident about the gas hoses. So, if you hear distant rumbles, flying shrapnel and feel seismic aftershocks anytime next month, followed by media appeals for witnesses and foster homes for partially deaf woofs, that'll be my barbie!

I wonder if Jasper Carrot would be interested in the insurance claim form.

Well as I mentioned before, I have One hour left of my Significant Birthday.

Despite having to work, I have decided to put a few quid away towards my Gold Watch in 5 years time, as I am self -employed , I will have to buy it for myself.

So the offspring brought me for a wonderful meal, with wine, and beer.

The Missus, bought various clothing items, which I needed urgently.

The Party, I previously was not sure about, now is in full steam ahead, for Sat evening, so far 45 have accepted my Sons invitation, ( just imagine the presents )

Even the weather looks good for Sat.

Wish me luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,862 ✭✭✭✭muffler

martinn123 wrote: »
    Wish me luck.
    Good luck with it and thanks for the invite :pac:

muffler wrote: »
    Good luck with it and thanks for the invite :pac:

Thanks, mate.

Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me, anyone else but me, anyone else but me. Don't sit under the apple tree with anyone else but me.....etc.

By the way, I have discussed at length the theme to the Archers with himself, and he insists that we are all wrong, the key is La :

La la la la la la la, la la la la la laaaaa
    La la la la la la la, la la la la la aaaaaaa
    etc

martinn123 wrote: »
    Well as I mentioned before, I have One hour left of my Significant Birthday.

Happy (belated) birthday, young man! When the festivities are over, let me know. My newest, bestest buddies are the solicitor and the priest and there might be a discount for groups.

Now, I'm off to Ambridge to gather proof positive that their theme tune is in the key of Dumpy or possibly Dumpy# and not Den or Dee or Dooby or La. You know, Martin, just between you and me, there's an awful lot of tone deaf people on this thread.

BrensBenz wrote: »

Now, I'm off to Ambridge to gather proof positive that their theme tune is in the key of Dumpy or possibly Dumpy# and not Den or Dee or Dooby or La. You know, Martin, just between you and me, there's an awful lot of tone deaf people on this thread.

Does this help

Well it proves I was right about the dum de diddlee bits

• Advertisement

That's exactly where I got my music score from so it proves that the key is Den! Or La! Choose one will yiz!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement