Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

It's SUMMERTIME.........the new potatoes have arrived:):):)

Pass some down this side of the table and then I'll head to the shops and bulk buy some butter for our next feast of spuds :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

My hangover is now into it's third day. I blame discontinuous drinking.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,186 ✭✭✭✭looksee

OldGoat wrote: »
    My hangover is now into it's third day. I blame discontinuous drinking.

No, its called getting old. Allowances have to be made. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

NEVER!

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Haven't we told you before sobering up is never a good idea :eek:

Go on prise open the drinky cabinet there and get back to saving yourself from pain.

If you are opening a bottle, my glass seems to be empty here......

• Advertisement

Layinghen wrote: »
    Haven't we told you before sobering up is never a good idea :eek:

Go on prise open the drinky cabinet there and get back to saving yourself from pain.

If you are opening a bottle, my glass seems to be empty here......

Oh yes, that's what I was going to do, need a little help to get the dinner ready...

New potatoes, new potatoes are we having new potatoes??????????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Dripping with melty butter, no doubt! Yum!

Cricket I popped in to see if yea were misbehaving and my eyes alight on this sentence. I got a bit light headed thinking Jelly was pouring hot butter all over Rube, OG, Brenz & Bbdbb but then I realised yea were talking about feckin spuds... I hope they are irish spuds and not Italian ones... As I depart the room let me say in my best "marks and Spencer's food VoiceOver voice... Put a bit of butter on the spuds Andre....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Ramette wrote: »
    Cricket I popped in to see if yea were misbehaving and my eyes alight on this sentence. I got a bit light headed thinking Jelly was pouring hot butter all over Rube, OG, Brenz & Bbdbb but then I realised yea were talking about feckin spuds... I hope they are irish spuds and not Italian ones... As I depart the room let me say in my best "marks and Spencer's food VoiceOver voice... Put a bit of butter on the spuds Andre....

WOW I feel all lucky :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Grappled AND covered in butter

this place is a den of depravity

where do I sign?

• Advertisement

Huh, see I didn't get covered in butter - I feel deprived. No, hang on a minute, I am dairy intolerant...

I got some chip fat Looksee if you need it

I cant believe its not butter

I can get used to margarine if required

have you tried a low fat olive oil based spread

you don't actually live longer, it just seems that way

I slip and slide with the flow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I think yea are all on a slippery slope! I am off to say a few decades of the rosary for the redemption of your souls, though in OGs case I fear no amount of prayers will redeem his burlesque soul!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

I step outta the room for 5 minutes and yiz have all gone wild. Butter goes on hot potatoes, and warm scones, end of story!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

Butter goes on hot potatoes, and warm scones, end of story!

See? We don't need 2,731 cookery programs or 5,629 cookery show hosts. We all KNOW that buhher belongs on new spudaytos and scones.....or is it scons?

And the new spudaytos in question were grown by morket gordners in good North County Dublin muck, lovingly tended by fair maidens from Latvia and my Woof.

The buhher was made in Culchieville, where the silage trees grow and are eaten by cows that can only be seen in black and white. These cows too are tended by fair maidens from Latvia. The cows know where the milk is and bring it to a special place where it's magicked into buhher.

Sorry, I can't help with how scones are grown. I think they may be what us experts call "root crops" because, although I'm VERY old and much travelled, I've never come across a scone bush. Scones, however, are quite poisonous without buhher. I nearly killed Santy one year with a scone without buhher. Luckily, he sussed it in time and gave it to one of his reindeer. But I suppose everybody knows about that because they wrote a song about it!

Wha' choo talking about Brens? Cows ARE black and white?

• Advertisement

Its always 'scohnes'.......nevah 'scons', nevah, I tells ya! Unlike, the vase, for that becomes a vayze, a vahze, a vawze depending on who is speaking or where you happen to be and whether you are facing Mecca or not.

Scones are easily cultivated the same way as spaghetti trees, Bovril bushes, and climbing carrots. However, they do tend to ramble about and take over the garden, so beware, keep those scones pruned!

Cows were always black and white until they invented colour television.

I step outta the room for 5 minutes and yiz have all gone wild. Butter goes on hot potatoes, and warm scones, end of story!

Nobody is rubbing butter onto my scones .... not in public anyway. Anyone wants to give it a go see me behind the wheelchair sheds after Matron has gone to sleep. (Bring a warm spoon)

What is a scone anyway? :D

Rubecula wrote: »
    Nobody is rubbing butter onto my scones .... not in public anyway. Anyone wants to give it a go see me behind the wheelchair sheds after Matron has gone to sleep. (Bring a warm spoon)

What is a scone anyway? :D

:D:D:D:D (A typical Rube (rude) response!) :D:D

It is all in your mind. I am a sweet young innocent man. ..... Well I am a man anyway :D

I so I leave ye all with that thought as I hop off and make the tay! Toodles!

No sugar in mine :)

Its always 'scohnes'.......nevah 'scons', nevah, I tells ya! Unlike, the vase, for that becomes a vayze, a vahze, a vawze depending on who is speaking or where you happen to be and whether you are facing Mecca or not.

Scones are easily cultivated the same way as spaghetti trees, Bovril bushes, and climbing carrots. However, they do tend to ramble about and take over the garden, so beware, keep those scones pruned!

Cows were always black and white until they invented colour television.

Regarding vayze / vahze / vawze, whatever happened to the ICA members who used to pronounce minute (60 seconds) as minyit? And suit as syute? And super as syooper?

Anyway, it sounds like you have studied morket gordening so I bow to your superior knowledge on this topic but, being a man, I know about technical mahhers. I have a coloured telly - well, it's black but there are colours on the screen - and the cows on my telly are still in black and white. To explain this, I could blind you with science - stuff like milliwatts, megavolts, picohertz, 6G, di-lithium crystals - but there are only two possible explanations:

1. There is a weak telly signal from the part of Culchieville where the cows live. Have you noticed that sheeps are also affected? Forests of silage trees are known to suck in huge amounts of picohertz so the colours disappear from your telly. If your sat nav fails and you end up in Culchieville, could you let us know what colour cows are really?;
    2. The Culchies who own the cows and sheeps are trying their version of bar-coding to get the EU free money grants. But they don't use undercoat and the black and white paint takes ages to dry and smudges easily while wet. Duh!?! Put "Wet Paint" signs on them!

I think I once actually saw a coloured cow. It was while in Norn Arn and I was told it was a Broyn Coy cow. However, when we came back, I thought I got a slight paint smell and the Broyn Coy cow had turned into a Bleck n' Whate Coy cow. I was also told that Bleck n' Whate Coy cows didn't like winter: "Thurr freeshin' so thay orr". The Broyn Coy cow may have been a Bleck n' Whate Coy cow all along, possibly rolling in something brown earlier which fooled me until the hairdresser washed it off. One will never know, will one?

Dear student of English,

You would do well to study this thread in order to improve your English. Pay attention and keep up. Say after me....

Hoy noy broyn coy

Annnnd........again,

Hoy noy broyn coy

Well done, you are well on your way to achieving your goal and being awarded a certificate in the Northern Irish dialect of Brensbenz.

Dear student of English,

You would do well to study this thread in order to improve your English. Pay attention and keep up. Say after me....

Hoy noy broyn coy

Annnnd........again,

Hoy noy broyn coy

Well done, you are well on your way to the sitcheeayshun of achieving your goal and being awarded a certificate in the Northern Irish dialect of Brensbenz.

FYP, as they say.

I was listening to the BBC wurless recently and Patrick Kielty was standing in for that irritating DJ prat whose name I forget. Anyway, the irritating prat has a feature called a "Shout Out" - a cool, hip and trendy name for a request.
    The quite entertaining Mr. Kielty came to the "Shout Out" spot but, being Norn Arsh, the "Shout" came out as "Shoyt". Well, I needn't tell yiz, never has my gob been so smacked! And then he repeated it!! And again!!!

I had to seek refuge with Radio 4. Haven't The Archers gone downhill since Walter Gabriel left?

• Advertisement

Ah, the Archers, haven't seen heard them in decades. I remember the theme, it went.....

Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee den dee den dennn
    Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee dendilly deeee
    Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee den dee den dennn
    Den dee den dee den dee den, den dee dendilly deeee

Altogether now....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement