Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

My net is going crazy :(

I've the lights on since about 4.30 and I've a fire on :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭Alice1

Mmm, always did wonder what was wrong with me geraniums and Busy Lizzy.

Child is recovering well. Have to "encourage" her to do her exercises. She doesn't like them. She had spinal fusion so her mobility is a bit limited .

Now, want a nice clever suggestion as to how I might wash her hair. C'mon, thinking caps on my dears.

Hi Alice :) Glad the little ones doing well.

You could use dry shampoo on her hair?

I'm afraid to ask what was done to her :(

Chucken wrote: »
    Hi Alice :) Glad the little ones doing well.

You could use dry shampoo on her hair?

I'm afraid to ask what was done to her :(
    Chucken, I've used the dry shampoo an' it was okayish - but she really would prefer to wash it like.

She had scoliosis (bendy spine). She had two rods (chrome cobalt) inserted (one each side of her spine) and screwed into the vertebrae. Her spine is much straighter now, however, she has to take fairly strong painkillers to keep the pain under control.

Aw bless her. I suppose washing the hair with her standing up might be the easiest way?? Loads of towels on the floor and worry about cleaning up the water later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

could you lie her on her back on say a bed with plastic and towels on it and have her head over the edge backwards with a bowl beneath. Two person job, one to support? Is that totally daft?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Ali when my daughter was tiny she hated soapy water in her eyes so to wash her hair I used to sit her in a kitchen chair and lean it back on two legs against the bath. Maybe not such a good idea for your daughter considering her op. Unless you have someone to hold the chair for you.

Lying on bed with bowl underneath sounds good. I'll try that. Not sure about tilting the chair - janey if she fell I'd never forgive myself. She's got some glue in her hair from the electrodes on her head. Now they gave us some wipes to remove it but they stink to high heaven! Really horrid solvent-y smell. Her hair is really thick as well.

Alice1 wrote: »
    Lying on bed with bowl underneath sounds good.

Probably best! Still, maybe the nursing staff could advise you better, after all they must have to be inventive in these kind of situations in the hospital too.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,113 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Might be a good idea to use the solvent to get rid of the glue - if you just wet it it could go into lots of little messy bits.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Probably best! Still, maybe the nursing staff could advise you better, after all they must have to be inventive in these kind of situations in the hospital too.
    nursing staff ?that reminds me i believe the midwife said to my mother when i was born,if i had my fathers hair,my mum said ,i dont know he had his hat on at the time,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Ramette wrote: »
    Hey Rube
    How is life treating you? I always picture you on the edge of a wind ravaged cliff (dont know why!:P) I feel i should be knitting you geansai's from aran wool :D

Hey Rammy it is great to see you again after all these days? weeks? Months? Years? ( My memory fades a bit at my age )
    Yep :D I do like my men all silent and broody (swoon)

*goes silent*
    ....not rube then :D

*stays silent*
    *Awaits Rube's retort with interest*.....

*twitches, but still stays silent*
    :D He'll never get the better of me!

I'll threaten him with more soup :cool:

*almost snorts in a silent way.*

Alice I am thinking of you and the little one. Bless you.

Rubecula wrote: »
    Alice I am thinking of you and the little one. Bless you.
    Ah thanks Rube. She is okay, just a bit limited in her mobility at present. It major surgery and there was serious blood loss but she is improving every day. We got the hair washed - took myself and DH and about 5 bath towels but we got there.

Where is Old Goat these days? Don't think we've heard from him for a while. You don't suppose he has escaped do you?

Apparently Nurse came up with a use for Chucken's soup. and unfortunately OG is the guinea pig on this one.

But his colon will be very clean ....... :pac:

Apparently Nurse came up with a use for Chucken's soup. and unfortunately OG is the guinea pig on this one.

But his colon will be very clean ....... :pac:
    Sorry I asked now...

These snippets of info are important to someone I should think Alice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

Rube you are a brave man to make such remarks about chucken's culinary prowess:p

Alice I hope your daughter is doing well xx

spread has been very quiet lately, the house refurb must have him fully occupied

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I have been surfing...real surfing, in the surf. Now I'm back and taking to my bed for a week or two. Ask Nurse to bring her best massaging oils.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Surfing in the Surf? Have you ever tried surving in the Rinso?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Surfing in the Surf? Have you ever tried surving in the Rinso?

Or swinging of the ariel?

Or Diving in the Omo? Be Bold!! :D

I take Comfort in the fac that you all are very clean...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Only in body. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

Be sure the Tide is right. It's your Lifebouy!

Thankfully nobody thought up a pun about Daz, Persil or Fairy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

OMO [ho-know]

Persil-onally, I'm Fairy-ly sure one out-Daz-zles all the others by far!! (sorry!)

Persil-onally, I'm Fairy-ly sure one out-Daz-zles all the others by far!! (sorry!)

You will be.

:D

• Advertisement

G'waaan The Jellybaby!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement