Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

#Blue Moon
    You saw me standing alone
    Without a dream in my heart
    Without a love of my own
    Blue Moon
    You know just what I was there for
    You heard me saying a prayer for
    Someone I really could care for#

Tonight, a rare blue moon. A blue moon is when a full moon occurs twice in a month, or something like that, not because it's blue.
    Don't know what it's got to do with the song but I do like listening to Ella sing it. :cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

OG, you can't fool me into thinking you are just an 'oul romantic! It won't wash.

I like romance. If the ladies want to buy me flowers and chocolates then who am I to complain?
    (Carnations are my favourite, the scented ones that are so hard to find these days. I wear them as boutineers)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

This is the 2nd full moon this month, when there is a second full moon in a month it is always called a Blue Moon.
    I am looking forward to Alice's moon dance tonight, it will be spectacular:D
    I think I saw Rube polishing his binoculars earlier (or at least i think they were a pair of binoculars:p)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I was polishing soup spoons ..... honestly :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭Alice1

Oh my dance was just mahvellous my dears. Positively mahvellous!

Rubecula wrote: »
    I was polishing soup spoons ..... honestly :o
    my what shiney spoons you have Monsieur Rube:)
    Alice1 wrote: »
    Oh my dance was just mahvellous my dears. Positively mahvellous!
    Alice I believe OG has had to take to the cot as he was overwhelmed by your interpretive moondance.

1st September... this year has flown, i have heard it said that as you get older time goes quicker, if that is true I must be ageing at a fair lick!

OldGoat wrote: »
    I like romance. If the ladies want to buy me flowers and chocolates then who am I to complain?
    (Carnations are my favourite, the scented ones that are so hard to find these days. I wear them as boutineers)

A box of Milk Tray and a posy of scented carnies are in the post to you OG! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,236 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Lick!

Heh heh heh! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

We have a tradition that we pick the apples on September 1st and do some baking. Went out this morning all happy only to find them all eaten by sluggy things :(
    They were fine a few days ago!! :mad:

I feel your pain Chuckie. If it wasn't for Dunnes, Tesco and Superquinn, we would have starved this year due to sluggies! :mad:

P.S. 'Ere a sign of blackberries yet?

I got a grand total of 12 tomatoes from the garden this year!! Thats it..nothing else :(

I havent seen any blackberries yet but no doubt they'll be gobbled up by the sluggy things too.

*** Ramette*** will be happy to hear MUNSTER won the rugby this evening :D

Munster were playing??? Is it that time of year again when there will be rugby on every weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

What's wrong with that?

Ah our Rammy doesnt like the rugby too much.

So...boys and girls, Dallas is back tonight at 10pm on TV3, I'm really looking forward to it :D

Chucken, how is you non-smoking going? Or is that question best swept under the flower pot with all the ciggy butts?

Operation "I dont smoke" is going great :)

I rarely even think of cigarettes now, its brilliant.

Going on hols next week, that'll be the real test!!

Congrats Chucken, that is a fantastic achievement...
    OG how is the abstinence from the alcoholic beverage coming along?

And Dallas is back????? dear god... i suppose i will have to watch it now!

Well done Chuckie, keep it up! Dallas? I suppose I will have to record it just to see what's going on up at 'oul Southfork, minus the shoulder pads of course. What's the betting 'oul JR is just waking up from a deep sleep, now in old age, and was dreaming of Kristin! :D

• Advertisement

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Well done Chuckie, keep it up! Dallas? I suppose I will have to record it just to see what's going on up at 'oul Southfork, minus the shoulder pads of course. What's the betting 'oul JR is just waking up from a deep sleep, now in old age, and was dreaming of Kristin! :D
    JR may be aging - but you'd wanna see the face on S'wellin'. Yikes, that woman is 71....

Ramette wrote: »
    OG how is the abstinence from the alcoholic beverage coming along?
    Nine months into it now, 3 months to go. I'm contemplating asking Nurse to put an old tin tub in my room so I can brew up a batch of bathtub gin.

Well done OG :)

Ok ladies, did ye watch Dallas? I thought it was great, it was like it was never gone.

I watched about 75% of Dallas. I fell asleep! I'm the one who's changed. :o

Yep, nothing much has changed at the ranch. I wasn't fooled by JR being in that home for the bewildered. He's still dangerous. Bobby looks pretty good but obviously not really, maybe he just wants to see how it goes and if it doesn't go well he will just 'die'. As for S'wellin, she sure is carrying a lorra polyfilla. Ray still lookin' fit, ain't he half-a-Ewing too? Poor Lucy, YIKES!! Didn't see that portrait of 'ol Jock over the mantelpiece.....have they moved it to the attic I wonder? And the youngsters........meh!

Have a feeling I might watch it next week. No really, I'm allowed, 'cos I don't watch Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale etc., etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Well done to Chucken and OG you are my hero's of the moment. Keep it up, I am right behind you ... (although not to close behind you if you have been sampling Chucken's methane producing soup)

Dallas? I am lost already. The first series was only on the tv to allow me to switch it off and do the garden I think. And it has never been any different.

I truly HATE that glossy American stuff. ( I won't call it rubbish even if I think it is, as I am sure it is easy entertainment for folks who like stuff they can watch without thinking about it to much.)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I watched about 75% of Dallas. I fell asleep! I'm the one who's changed. :o

Yep, nothing much has changed at the ranch. I wasn't fooled by JR being in that home for the bewildered. He's still dangerous. Bobby looks pretty good but obviously not really, maybe he just wants to see how it goes and if it doesn't go well he will just 'die'. As for S'wellin, she sure is carrying a lorra polyfilla. Ray still lookin' fit, ain't he half-a-Ewing too? Poor Lucy, YIKES!! Didn't see that portrait of 'ol Jock over the mantelpiece.....have they moved it to the attic I wonder? And the youngsters........meh!

Have a feeling I might watch it next week. No really, I'm allowed, 'cos I don't watch Eastenders, Corrie, Emmerdale etc., etc.
    do the girls still have them shoulder pads on

No, but I am sure I saw S'wellin in a pair of bell-bottoms. Didja see the height of those shoes the wimmin are wearing? Oh my giddy aunt!

P.S. Forgot to slap OG on the back for keeping off the juice. (Whack!) Well done me 'oul flower!

Aww thit! You justh senth my teeth thailing atross the thable!

Thit!? Ahhhhh, now I get it. Naughty boy!

• Advertisement

Rubecula wrote: »
    I am sure it is easy entertainment for folks who like stuff they can watch without thinking about it to much.)

Oh, not nice Rube. Not nice. Miaow!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement