Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All ye oul wans and oul fellas out there! Wakey wakey, rise and shine!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

oh its sNit.............I thought it was a typo:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

BBDBB wrote: »
    oh its sNit.............I thought it was a typo:o
    *Ali does the thinned lips look @ BB*

No, it is not a "typo". I doesn't do vulgar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Alice1 wrote: »
    *Ali does the thinned lips look @ BB*

No, it is not a "typo". I doesn't do vulgar.

But you does do bad grammar :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

I ate 10 large pancakes - she said proudly

*waddles off to bed*

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Vroom vroomm, toot, toot!
    wind024.jpg
    New car today. :D

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

OldGoat wrote: »
    {Snipped the picture out}

New car? We are paying you too much! Stop showing off!

Wish I could say it's because I have loads of dosh but sadly thats not the case. 'tis an insurance job as my last car prooved incapable of swimming. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

Wish I could say it's because I have loads of dosh but sadly thats not the case. 'tis an insurance job as my last car prooved incapable of swimming. :o
    danger oldgoat got a new granny magnet

{Image SNIPPED}

Well I'll be blowed .............. if it isn't Mr Goat Esq. of Goat Hall :D

New snow overnight

Hounds outside throwing snowballs flakes at each other

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

'tis an insurance job ... :o

:eek:

• Advertisement

Cicero wrote: »
    :eek:
    A legitimate claim. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭Alice1

Spread wrote: »
    But you does do bad grammar :D
    Yes, I does bad grammar when in snit mode. Atroicously bad grammar when in snit mode.

When I am not in snit mode, my grammar is quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

goatswithcar.jpg

Stop frame photo of OG testing the suspension of his new car.

Goodnight and Good Moaning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,069 ✭✭✭✭looksee

mod getz post moved to 'the dearly departed' thread.

Strange weather we're having ........ pi$$ing down this morning, 10*C this afternoon and 6" snow forecast for overnight.

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nclark.net/FugateFamily.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.nclark.net/BluePeopleofTroublesomeCreek.html&h=289&w=446&sz=92&tbnid=GbNOfZn-jRxCLM:&tbnh=90&tbnw=139&zoom=1&docid=zIOmRlNxYExY-M&hl=en&sa=X&ei=KrZHT-HINoXY0QGcr6GdDg&sqi=2&ved=0CDgQ9QEwAQ&dur=4942

Whilst looking over colour charts for painting the sitting room I came across this lot. Seemingly, inbreeding did the trick. Now, I wonder if there was a Nun in the family would one get banned for mentioning her?

Some of the family are still scattered throughout the area.
    An entire family's skin who lived in isolated Appalachia in Kentucky was tinged blue and now a study has provided some details on the "Blue-Skinned People of Kentucky."
    Martin Fugate and family are shown above in an undated, colorized black and white photo and genetics may explain the odd coloring of the skin.
    Martin was a French immigrant and settled in Kentucky in the 1820s.
    His skin had a blue tint and as he married and they had children, some of them were tinged blue as well.
    They apparently were dubbed the blue Fugates of Troublesome Creek and suffered from Methemoglobinemia.
    What's that?
    It reportedly is now the type of disease most modern doctors study in medical school, but rarely see in modern times.
    ABC reveals:
    Methemoglobinemia is a blood disorder in which an abnormal amount of methemoglobin -- a form of hemoglobin -- is produced, according to the National Institutes for Health. Hemoglobin is responsible for distributing oxygen to the body and without oxygen, the heart, brain and muscles can die.
    In methemoglobinemia, the hemoglobin is unable to carry oxygen and it also makes it difficult for unaffected hemoglobin to release oxygen effectively to body tissues. Patients' lips are purple, the skin looks blue and the blood is "chocolate colored" because it is not oxygenated, according to Tefferi.
    "You almost never see a patient with it today," he said. "It's a disease that one learns about in medical school and it is infrequent enough to be on every exam in hematology."
    The disorder can be inherited, as was the case with the Fugate family, or caused by exposure to certain drugs and chemicals such as anesthetic drugs like benzocaine and xylocaine.

Spread wrote: »
    The disorder can be inherited, as was the case with the Fugate family, or caused by exposure to certain drugs and chemicals such as anesthetic drugs like benzocaine and xylocaine.

Or possibly overdosing on wild blueberries, and suchlike?

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Pulsating Star

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    Or possibly overdosing on wild blueberries, and suchlike?

This along with the inbreeding would do it I reckon. I notice they were French as well.

This along with the inbreeding would do it I reckon. I notice they were French as well.

Alez les Bleus! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Just sat down now with a mug of coffee after our first bit of spring cleaning.

Tackled my least favourite job first. Cleaning the hob extractor unit. This is by far and away my most hated job around the house. There is just so much grease and grime that collects and my hands smell disgusting afterwards. :(

Also washed the floors (more continuous maintenance than spring cleaning) while my wife did the vaccuming, and we've been doing some laundry as well.

My wife and I take it in turns to do the "bad jobs".

Others on the "bad jobs" list are:
    • Cleaning out the dishwasher filters
    • Cleaning out the vacuum cleaner and washing the filters
    • Washing windows. This is a two person job for us. I do the outside ones and herself the inside ones.
    • Washing the car

I can't think of any other cleaning pet hates at the moment, but those are definitely at the top of my list.

Off to mow the lawn now while the sunshine lasts. It'll be the first cut this year and I actually enjoy it. Makes me feel like summer's on the way. :cool:

Just sat down now with a mug of coffee after our first bit of spring cleaning.

Off to mow the lawn now while the sunshine lasts. It'll be the first cut this year and I actually enjoy it. Makes me feel like summer's on the way. :cool:

Yes...super day out there....taking 5 mins myself..damn that moss though....it's everywhere...least outside Is starting to shape up somewhat..:)

Btw OG..you get ure camera out yet to capture Dublin...it's fast disappearing....;)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/new-liberty-hall-to-climb-higher-into-the-capital-sky-3031383.html

What I think feels very strange is the Irish Nationwide sign coming down from that building at O Connell bridge...seems like it was always there...:(

Cicero wrote: »
    Btw OG..you get ure camera out yet to capture Dublin...it's fast disappearing....;)

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/new-liberty-hall-to-climb-higher-into-the-capital-sky-3031383.html

What I think feels very strange is the Irish Nationwide sign coming down from that building at O Connell bridge...seems like it was always there...:(

I'll be glad to see the back of that ugly monstrosity Liberty Hall, I won't miss it a bit, but I also know I'll hate the new building with equal fervour, or a third more actually!! I took photos of it years ago as a 'before' exercise. I wonder when if ever I will get an opportunity to take a photo of the 'after'?

P.S. This was before the 'before', http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Irish_Citizen_Army_Group_Liberty_Hall_Dublin_1914.jpg

Any Dublin lovers might like this site: http://comeheretome.wordpress.com/2011/03/07/the-demolition-of-liberty-hall-1950s-images/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

I like the older style of buildings myself. I know they are more difficult to maintain and such, but to me they have a ll the character a building should have. Modern glass monstrosities are awful to behold in my mind. And the plain brickwork of modern buildings is too utilitarian for my tastes.

I don't think a single modern architect has any taste at all. They all seem to go for the YEUK value.

Very quiet in here this evening. Might have to resort to drinking on my own...

I have cocoa.

Is that an offer to share? Anyway I have lemon and ginger tea, thanks :D

looksee wrote: »
    Very quiet in here this evening. Might have to resort to drinking on my own...

Ditto! But my tipple is tea!

• Advertisement

Got a nice surprise in the post yesterday ....... my Combo card which allows me to get an SS number, start a business and enter/leave the country at will.
    The mills of God grind slowly ...................

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement