Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

ISDW wrote: »
    Be warned API people, you are not safe. I popped into a shop about 15 minutes drive away from my home this evening, only to be accosted by someone working there, asking if I was ISDW!!! It was a fellow APIer, now I know what she looks like as well:eek::D

Nooooooo, now one person knows your secret identity the world will*.....

I'm still in slight shock over a woman I spoke to in the dentist waiting room one day tried to add me as a friend on facebook :eek:

*May be a slight over reaction:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I now have visions of you arriving at shops with a load of huskies in harnesses . . . how else would they know? :p
    mymo wrote: »
    I'm still in slight shock over a woman I spoke to in the dentist waiting room one day tried to add me as a friend on facebook

Ah, what you encountered there was a lady with a serious psychological condition . . . a face-book friend collector :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I now have visions of you arriving at shops with a load of huskies in harnesses . . . how else would they know? :p

Nope although that would have been quite interesting. I'm now giggling away to myself picturing a whole team of huskies plus sled pulling up to the petrol pumps, ohh I'm easily amused. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Oh thats brilliant AJ, mental picture is so funny. Does it help that one of my huskies is actually called Diesel?:P

Now that is very weird about the dentists and facebook, that would freak me out a bit I think. Being asked if I'm me by someone that I have chatted to on here and who seems to share a lot of the same views as me;) was absolutely fine. My memories hopeless though, so next time I see you I'll probably forget who you are. I also met another APIer today, at a husky club event, so its been a good day for meeting people.

I got the dog safely out of the van, gave her a good run in the field, and bless her, she was obviously just incredibly scared. She has been lovely since we got home, kept checking that she could see me in the field, and would come back to make sure I hadn't left her.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

mymo wrote: »

I'm still in slight shock over a woman I spoke to in the dentist waiting room one day tried to add me as a friend on facebook :eek:

Hmm I got a random FB request the other week and wondered if it was a boards person. I post here all the time and on dog training ireland's FB and would post pics of the madra..they made a reference to me by my boards user name on how I was accused of working there and I lol'd about it on the FB page then I got tne request! :P

Hello everyone btw :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,827 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I know what she looks like as well:eek::D

Gosh the poor girl can't look that bad :D

Come on Zappy - get your own back !

Life moves on, but isn't it nice to know that some things never change. My favourite API poster is back being as condescending and ridiculous as ever. But its okay mods, cos apparently I'm on their 'ignore' list, so they'll never know I'm talking about them. But have to say, if it was me that was basically being accused of animal cruelty, there would be serious words being had. Ho hum

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

No forum issues allowed in this thread! For forum issues, problem posters and so on - PM a fourm mod of your choice or just report the offending posts ;)

Ah, what you encountered there was a lady with a serious psychological condition . . . a face-book friend collector :rolleyes:

I can go one better, we live in a small town so everyone knows me and my dogs, while in the next town over one day, dogs in tow, two teenage girls ran over squealing "OMG!!! Its Oliver!" Oliver is my dog, I didn't know these girls...so I asked how they knew him.
    They are fans of his facebook page (made by my daughter), and were friends of her school friend and spotted his page.
    They even commented he'd had a haircut since his profile pic!

Discodog wrote: »
    Gosh the poor girl can't look that bad :D

Come on Zappy - get your own back !

Well I have attached my picture you can judge for yourself! :p

• Advertisement

I hope his new found fame doesn't go to his head :D

Oliver I mean, not incredibly hunky computer guy (although the same probably applies)

I hope his new found fame doesn't go to his head :D

Nah, all went to his bum, my god he can wiggle:p

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Well I have attached my picture you can judge for yourself! :p

I give you a love gift of me at the computer & you share it with the world :p

Discodog wrote: »
    I give you a love gift of me at the computer & you share it with the world :p

Woops I'm sorry guess I posted the wrong photo. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oh we had suuuuuuch a great 2 nights away.

We stayed down by a lake in Galway on private land so the boys were off lead most of the time. They spent much of the afternoon swimming and chasing the ball. Later on we had the fire lit, boys dry and warm again after swimming and snuggled in their crate. We let them out for the toilet thinking they had gotten the swim out of their systems..... not a hope. Both plunged back in, at about 11pm, splashed around a bit then came back to bed shivering and moaning. :rolleyes: But they had a great time, playing around the mounds of grass, climbing in and out of boats and sharing chicken pieces by the campfire.

The next night we moved onto connemara and stayed by the sea. The beach was totally new to Phoenix. I think he went a bit mad. Firstly he kept lying flat on his belly with his legs out front and back - it turns out he was peeing :confused: everytime he needed a pee in the sand he'd flop down onto his belly. It was the funniest thing I've seen in a long time.

He then totally forgot the fact that when it comes to recall he's the "good" one. Less selective hearing and more "screw you". He just switched off. It was like he was staging his own little riot. Chasing seagulls, eating seaweed, biting waves, not coming when called, barrelling around and bashing into us. It was madness, but they were so tired I woke in a panic this morning thinking they had somehow gotten out - they didn't move a muscle all night.

6025507503_ecbb520013.jpg

6025497417_f1ed824aa7.jpg

6025489287_90a0946d81.jpg

6026212472_43231d6497.jpg

Fantastic, sounds like such a lovely weekend. Great photos, that last one is stunning.

That is so funny about him peeing in the sand like that, just as well there was water nearby to wash it all off him hey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Do you think he was trying to hide the fact he was urinating? Thats brilliant.

You made me realise I need a holiday badly!

Got some of that pvc piping at the weekend to make one of these http://www.instantagility.com/2008/04/14/bar-jump-or-hurdle/ Bit wet outside today so decided to introduce him to a wee jump in the kitchen over a broom handle. Made him sit one side and then called him over it, done this twice and each time he got his liver cake, he then decided to get two steps ahead of me and started jumping over and back over it on his own accord then he'd sit and look up at me as if to say 'c'mon where's my treat'. :D I think I have a future agility champion on my hands! :D Well if I can't have my showjumping pony I guess the dog jumping over poles will just have to do for the time being. :p

Also started a little heelwork to music (without the music) with him and taught him to weave in between my legs as I stepped forward. Again with some liver cake he got the hang of it, although I have a feeling it's not the best thing to be teaching him to do in the kitchen! :D

Zapperzy wrote: »
    then he'd sit and look up at me as if to say 'c'mon where's my treat'. :D

I have the same problem with my youngster's recall. He rushes back for a treat & then rushes away - so that he can rush back again :D

He has only every peed indoors twice - both at the Vets, in the same place all over the dog food & with the same Vet nurse - so embarrassing :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Whispered wrote: »
    Oh we had suuuuuuch a great 2 nights away.
    Im finally getting hols for 12 whole days next wed and i CANNOT wait.The fantastic description of yours sounds total BLISS!! ;)

• Advertisement

**Vai** wrote: »
    Do you think he was trying to hide the fact he was urinating? Thats brilliant.

I think what happened was he couldn't properly hold himself standing on the very soft sand the first time, slid over and just decided it was more comfy that way. I'm so sorry I didn't get a pic but when he did it we just choked laughing each time. He'd walk to the sand and just........plop - onto his belly.

It was only 2 nights but really nice. And didn't cost much at all. Just the petrol in the car, the tent and food/drink.

Anniehoo have a great break - are you going away?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Anniehoo have a great break - are you going away?
    The new term im hearin is "staycation" :p so hitting The Kingdom for a very long weekend and making it up as i go along for the rest.:D No leavin on a jet plane for me this year!! Ah well! Out of work for 12 whole days so thats all i care about. Soooo wrecked its unreal!

Sounds lovely - I hoenstly prefer Ireland hols if the weather is in any way decent. You get to bring the pets and you don't have to go on a plane.

I think it will be a staycation for us this year too. It will be our anniversary in October and we were hoping for a cheap trip somewhere, but when you factor in the cost of kennels there are no cheap holidays really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

It was only 2 nights but really nice. And didn't cost much at all. Just the petrol in the car, the tent and food/drink.

We did the same thing last year, went camping in Dunmore East. Beautiful spot but I'd rent a house if I was going again. Crowd of ex-cons and travellers showed up at the campsite on the second day so we left early.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭ppink

How do you manage with toilets and showers if you are camping in the middle of nowhere. or is it a campsite with facilities?:confused:

I am not even human without a shower:P

The first night was wild camping, so showers were had that morning. The second night was a site with facilities. So we could shower there too.

The first night was wild camping, so showers were had that morning. The second night was a site with facilities. So we could shower there too.

:eek: Whispered peeing in the bushes or worse :eek: To think that I am near Galway & could of missed the photo opportunity of a lifetime :D

I hope your dogs clean up after their human :D

I am a veteran of many festivals & some camping. Showers are easy. Stand in a washing up bowl & use either a solar shower or a camping shower.

Now the toilet bit. Pee in the bushes or buy a fold up loo - it's a loo seat on a stand & bags go underneath. The hard part might be when mummy goes into the tent to "be alone" & daddy has to take the kids for a walk !

DD I would have thought you'd leave a lady with her dignity. :mad: Didn't you notice the skillfull way I passed over the toilet part of the question. :P

FYI there was no peeing in the bushes or worse. We are very well prepared campers.

As for pictures! Well the glare from my very white self would ensure no compromising shots to be had.

(I have a few pics of me in the water with the dogs and my skin literally looks glow in the dark. Damn my Irish milk botte complexion.)

peezees are great for women camping, or just generally out in places with no toilets:D

• Advertisement

Very handy when out shopping :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement