Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

310637_2298442189894_1514310135_32509911_4474866_n.jpg
    304559_10150796139595727_646780726_20637103_393968_n.jpg

My mistake, I was in the middle of retraining over to superman! and that was the one time in 20 he's made a snap for it while being told to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yessssssssss! Our renewal from Allianz is €336 :pac: I thought it'd jump straight to €450 with him having his op last year - I'm sure it'll jump next year after his other leg gets fixed in october.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

zuroph wrote: »

My mistake, I was in the middle of retraining over to superman! and that was the one time in 20 he's made a snap for it while being told to sit.

Wow, thats one clever puppy you have there, you are going to have great fun with him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Is it possible to die from dog farts? :o I started changing all three dogs over to Luath on Tuesday and the last day Lexi has not stopped farting! The other two seem fine, they were on Burns before whereas Lexi was on barking heads. I kept that one up with her as thats what she was on in foster. She was spayed on Thursday but doubt that would contribute?

HELP please!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Staffy bum

Totally normal

:/

Whispered wrote: »
    Staffy bum

Totally normal

:/

Oh ya I know its a staff thing but she has never been this bad! She is clearing rooms!!

haha, I have 2 (and the husband), a stink will rise from somewhere, I'l go "poo who did that" and the three will glance at each other. :rolleyes:

Natural yoghurt helps. I found on RC Harley was unbearable, now on belcando he's much better, but there was a change over stage where it got worse. It might get better if you stick with it.

Maybe invest in a gas mask for the interm.

We used to have the same mixing Burns at home and Luath at daycare- fart city and soft poos! That's the reason I changed. He had soft mucusy poo AGAIN this morning after having Luath at daycare yesterday :( so I got a bag of sensitivity control earlier, and made 2 trays of bone and star shaped treats lol with some of it! He's getting nothing but SC at home now and I'll be leaving it into daycare with him too until I figure out what's causing the problem. Making the treats with the kibble is handy enough - i may never buy biscuits for him again lol! :pac:

Ok I'll give it a few weeks and see how we go. It's so frustrating trying to find a good food for them, just hope I can keep all three on the one food.

Thanks whispered & tk.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

I think something has gone wrong with the hirerachy in this house... I'm currently sitting with one of the dogs on their huge cushions as all of the seats in the room are occupied by sleeping dogs and I can't bring myself to move anyone :D

So my little baby has been having dry RC SC since yesterday and nothing else. I'm sure I can smell it off him - like that oily kind of dog smell!? Could I be imagining that!? He had hydro on thurs and I give him a light spray of furminator water less shampoo/conditioner afterwards so he usually smells lovely! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Well school hols are over on wednesday, back to 6.30am alarms, and my pets just today left me in bed until 8am:o
    Oh well, I like mornings best anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Ha my little one likes to wake me up at about half 5, but is sure to make sure I know how comfy she is on my bed when I'm getting dressed for work, and the filthy looks I get thrown at me if I disturb her too much! :pac:
    Poor mite though hasn't been herself, she threw up all her dinner this evening.

crap crap crap!! I was an eejit and put off booking my baba into kennels too long and now they're full!! :(

Dexter was locked in too long sat night/sun morning, and ended up pooping indoors for first time. Cleaned it all up, washed floor etc, but hes now done it the next two nights in a row. Last night at 2am he started making a racket, so I came down and took him out for 15 minutes, and he went, but when I brought him back in all he wanted to do was play and took ages to settle again. More presents left for Me this morning. :-( any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

What time are you feeding him his last meal at?

I would suggest getting up earlier to break the cycle of the pooping and try and catch him before he needs to go.

Have you a crate? If not i highly suggest you get one as they are brilliant for house training.

tk123 wrote: »
    crap crap crap!! I was an eejit and put off booking my baba into kennels too long and now they're full!! :(

The other one (I was trying to decide between them) is full too. :(:(:( I'm going to spend the whole time worried about him now!

Thats a pain TK - how long do you need kennels for? And when? And where are you?

I need them for the 1st-8th of October and I'm in Dublin. I'm waiting for somebody to call me back about home boarding (he knows here and I know he'd be fine with her), DSPCA have space and there's another place in Ashbourne/Meath next on my list to try - Happy Hounds. HH and DSPCA don't let the dogs mix thou - I'd prefer if he could have a game lol!

• Advertisement

Well if you have no luck and are willing to travel a bit I very highly recommend the kennels here in Kilcullen. The dogs are brought out in groups if that's what the owners want so they can mix and have a game. My boys come home wrecked - and that's not easy to do!

What's it called Whispered? Thanks!

What's it called Whispered? Thanks!
    How much does kennel cost usually?

zuroph wrote: »
    How much does kennel cost usually?

They seem to go from €13-€20 from the ones I've looked at today.

It's called kendlea, the website isn't great though. I think they generally charge €20 for a single night and less for multiple nights. Very in tune with the individual dogs needs. They will remember your dogs name, but probably not yours :pac: which is exactly what I like. The dog is number 1 priority.

Thanks again - I'll add them to my list. Waiting to hear back from 2 sitters about home boarding. He knows one (or possibly both) of them from DTI so hopefully one of them has a space.

Thanks again - I'll add them to my list. Waiting to hear back from 2 sitters about home boarding. He knows one (or possibly both) of them from DTI so hopefully one of them has a space.

Best of luck! Hope you find somewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Happy hounds in Meath is excellent, Kay is lovely.

Have been away at a sled dog rally in the UK all weekend - and visiting family, funny how it all happened to be at the same time:rolleyes: Drove back overnight last night and am exhausted, so looking forward to getting into my own bed tonight.

Panic over he's booked into a kennels in Naul :)

EDIT panic over for a few weeks until it gets closer and i start to worry lol!!

• Advertisement

andreac wrote: »
    What time are you feeding him his last meal at?

I would suggest getting up earlier to break the cycle of the pooping and try and catch him before he needs to go.

Have you a crate? If not i highly suggest you get one as they are brilliant for house training.

crates are the little cage boxes yeah? Dont have one as yet... He'd go nuts too I'd say, is already putting up enough of a struggle at night time. may have to give it a go though.
    last meal was at 7pm, with getting brought in at 11.30ish. moved food back to 6 today to try get myself some more time.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement