Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Out for the walk today and I haven't been to the beach since I got back from hols so went down today. Drove down and turned off for the little side road which leads to a track down to the beach. Just towards the end of the road was a small motorhome with a big Irish flag and it had a camp fire lighting. I saw what I thought was a dog behind it but when I drove past it it was a LAMB on a lead :eek:

I hadn't much looked at the motorhome cos I was keeping my eyes on the road in case the 'dog' I had seen ran out behind it but then on my way back up the beach I saw a chicken at the front of it:eek:

I'll go back down tomorrow for a better look and see what maybe Meath CC say. Apart from it being a public road that they shouldn't park on, what part of the control of animals act do they fall under? I had a full night's sleep last night so I definitely wasn't seeing things!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

DBB wrote: »
    Wow sillymango, what a fantastic cake! Wow!
    Whispered, any news on that poor wee mite? Big clap on the back for K, great work. What sort of dog is she? I hope she's okay. Can you just imagine what goes through a dog's mind after getting thrown out of a car? It must be terrifying :-(

No news on her yet, but it must mean she's managed to get through the night.

Here she is god love her. (let me know if the pic gets up ok)
    2013-05-17160011.jpg

I cannot imagine how upsetting it is for a dog. I cannot imagine what goes through a persons mind. What sort of stupid sick person does that. If you MUST get rid then the pound is the least you can do.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Ah the poor little mite. She looks to have a lot if cuts and scrapes around her groin, and the way she's sitting, you'd have to think her pelvis is damaged. She has a kind face. Let us know if it comes to you rehoming her, will give ya a hand if you like :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

angeldaisy wrote: »
    Happy birthday sillymango! !
    So proud of my little boy today, he made his communion last week and decided that he wants to give some of his money to charity. We were in maxizoo this afternoon and Limerick feral cats were there so he gave them some of his money, and had lovely cuddles off the kittens!
    I only wish we could do more

We were really touched! His pic is going up on our facebook page. What a little star. :o

SillymangoX, that cake is AWESOME! How sweet is Dude, giving you head boops for your birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Trying to get the house clean before my party tomorrow is not easy with a hyperactive kitten, not only is he the actual cause of most of the mess, he also insists on grabbing the sweeping brush, attacking my hands anytime I pick anything up, latching onto my moms arms when she's wiping any part of the floor and worst of all he keeps stealing all my loose socks, running around so fast I can't catch him with them, and then hides them!! Anyone want a kitten for the weekend? :P

This is why we rehome them in twos! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have been gardening for hours, ache all over, not half done either. Just came in and thought a cuppa with one of those lovely scones I got earlier would be nice.Put kettle on and searched everywhere, but no sign of scones, then spotted the pack in the garden, Oliver is hiding from me, I wonder why?

That'll teach me to put shopping away, I should know by now, he's done it so many times.
    I was really looking forward to a scone with jam :(

Whispered wrote: »
    If you MUST get rid then the pound is the least you can do.

Well it seems we were wrong! She hadn't been thrown from a car. Thankfully she is doing well and the owners have been found. So delighted for the girly!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Well it seems we were wrong! She hadn't been thrown from a car. Thankfully she is doing well and the owners have been found. So delighted for the girly!

Oh? So, did you find out how she ended up where she was, all dazed and confused? And with cuts on her?

No we didn't ask, Kieran heard from the other lady who stopped, who heard from the vet that she's been claimed by her owners. Apparently, despite the cuts and the fact she was on the road, she was in very good condition. I can only hope she's a loved pet who managed to escape and that her owners will now make sure she is in a secure place when not supervised.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes, the cake was just divine but I haven't had the heart to eat the cats off it yet! We had a bit if a breakthrough tonight, all 3 cats slept in the siting room at the same time, dude and cream on the couch and peach on the scratching post, while they were asleep dude and cream kept wiggling towards each other and eventually ended up cuddled together and when cream woke up he started grooming dude!! It made me so happy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Awww the cuteness, they're going to be BFFs forever now :P Ye need to get the grooming on video next time!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I found out a little bit more about Toby last night, it seems he's been living rough in a woodland in the area near my parent's new house, small world. The new development they moved into was all fenced off until about 6 months ago. He's still looking quite scruffy but he's a big powerful build of cat. I don't think he's a young cat, maybe he's looking for a retirement home:D My 2 are OKish with him most of the time, so long as he's not indoors. He's let me pet his head a few times and he doesn't mind me being close to him.

My garden is a container garden and I have a copper beech tree in a big wooden crate with grass growing over the soil, he loves to sleep under the tree. We have 2 corkscrew trees in a simillar pot that Felix refuses to share with anyone. He's staying around a lot more now and the steady food supply is making a big difference to him. It's lovely to see him so relaxed when he's asleep under the tree and when he's sunbathing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My mum just rolled my calves out for me (knots from running) .. Well the face on Bailey as he looked on from the couch at his master in agony on the floor - a mix of concern and amusement lol! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

tk123 wrote: »
    My mum just rolled my calves out for me (knots from running) .. Well the face on Bailey as he looked on from the couch at his master in agony on the floor - a mix of concern and amusement lol! :p

There's not a chance I would be allowed sit/lie on the floor without either one of my dogs literally sitting on me to play. When Coco was a pup we tried to keep her off the couch by sitting on the floor for 'playtime'. Not a chance in hell did that last but the floor still means playtime!

We'll he'd been at daycare and was exhausted so that was why he wasn't budging - normally start dropping toys on me or try to lie down beside me at the very least lol :D

I've just gotten word that I am going up to the pet expo in November to represent house hold pet cats :D So come say hi to me and the terrible 3 :D

I've just gotten word that I am going up to the pet expo in November to represent house hold pet cats :D So come say hi to me and the terrible 3 :D

Oh I wonder will it be any good this year though?!? The first year we went was in the RDS and was huge - couldn't stay long as boldface had cut his paw and had a bandage - much to everyone's delight at his cuteness :rolleyes: ...he stood in a puddle on the way out and we spent 90mins waiting in the vets for a bandage change, second year in RDS was going ok until he wee'd and poo'd in the agility ring when we were asked to take part in a demo:rolleyes::rolleyes:, last year was crap - place was half empty and fire alarm going off every 5 mins from the burger van :mad:

Oh I wonder will it be any good this year though?!? The first year we went was in the RDS and was huge - couldn't stay long as boldface had cut his paw and had a bandage - much to everyone's delight at his cuteness :rolleyes: ...he stood in a puddle on the way out and we spent 90mins waiting in the vets for a bandage change, second year in RDS was going ok until he wee'd and poo'd in the agility ring when we were asked to take part in a demo:rolleyes::rolleyes:, last year was crap - place was half empty and fire alarm going off every 5 mins from the burger van :mad:

Well it definately won't be as bad as last years one! It was so empty and my asthma was going mad from the smoke off that burger van - couldn't find anything, I really wanted to see the sheep dog demo but there was no time tables, no one to tell you where anything was..! So hopefully they are a bit more organised for this years one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Anybody else watching Paul OGradys 'For The Love Of Dogs ' on ITV? In bits here watching a lady leaving in her Yorkie which she has had for 7 years as she can't give him the time he needs. Love this programme but always in tears watching it. My little JRT who is also a rescue gets extra special hugs while it is on.

Layinghen wrote: »
    Anybody else watching Paul OGradys 'For The Love Of Dogs ' on ITV? In bits here watching a lady leaving in her Yorkie which she has had for 7 years as she can't give him the time he needs. Love this programme but always in tears watching it. My little JRT who is also a rescue gets extra special hugs while it is on.
    I can never watch those programmes, I just end up a sobbing mess.

• Advertisement

What a day yesterday was. Toby decided to have a bit of a spray fest in the garden and somewhere in the kitchen, then last night as I was cooking, the electrics on the cooker went on fire, so no cooker for a bit until we buy a new one, thankfully our microwave has a combination oven so we can use that in the mean time.

I ordered some stuff called Fizzion to clean up the cat spray, its supposed to break down the enzymes and get rid of the smell permanently. I had to get it on Ebay as Amazon and Vetuk don't deliver that product to Ireland, it's the same with a lot of UK businesses and Feliway, I don't get it. My house is smelling delightful at the minute:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Best thing to get rid of the stink is warm water with biological washing powder dissolved in it, rub well and rinse.
    In my last house my neighbour had a Tom he refused to neuter that liked to spray up my front door or windows, he made it into kitchen a few times too, smells pretty bad.

I was in the vets one time and a tom had sprayed - all the doors and windows open lol! :D

Was in the park yesterday and a couple with a lovely slobbery DDB came along - I've seen them from a distance a few times but got to pet him yesterday...2 seconds after they left and the hysteria starts - he should be muzzled, if he went for your throat you'd be dead etc and is he on 'that list' - on which half of the park would technically belong because they're crosses! Drives me mad - the dog was on lead lapping up the attention from me and not doing anything to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Was in the park yesterday and a couple with a lovely slobbery DBB came along

Fixed that for ya ;)

(What i saw when I first looked at it)

ISDW wrote: »
    Fixed that for ya ;)

(What i saw when I first looked at it)

;p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Poppy's worked out a cue to let me know when she wants out for the toilet. She sits in front of me and jerks her head towards the backdoor. She did it for the first time last night and I popped her out and she done her business straight away. So proud!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

I hate puppies :-P

Have a little foster collie pup she is gorgeous but really didn't get why I was standing outside with her for 15minutes. She got there eventually though!

What a day!! Wasn't it lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

What a day!! Wasn't it lovely.
    Yeah fantastic. Was in town (Dub) yesterday sitting outside drinking coffee with friends and today had dins with the folks in the back garden. Absolute bliss! I really love Ireland...but my god, a little bit of sunshine makes everything a million times nicer.

• Advertisement

Me too, I do love the bad weather we got too, a great excuse to curl up in front of a fire - but the sun coming out seems to perk everyone up. I really hope next weekend will be lovely too.

Dinner and coffee outside sounds great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement