Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My Dad fell asleep at the kitchen table today (nothing unusual there, he works nights). Cream went up to him and sprayed his leg! I'm dreading him waking up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My Dad fell asleep at the kitchen table today (nothing unusual there, he works nights). Cream went up to him and sprayed his leg! I'm dreading him waking up!!

LMAO :pac::p:pac: My cat (RIP) did what my dad would consider much worse once - when he was having his dinner the cat walked across the table and his tail went in poor father's gravy :p Then he licked it and kind of shuddered like eeew!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My dad is coming to stay next month, it's gonna be fun!
    Toby has taken to the spare room as the window gets full sun almost all day, he won't be pleased to share, dad may have a bed buddy! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

anniehoo wrote: »
    So ive now become a "failed fosterer" and i have NO IDEA how this happened :p Seriously! I decided to take on a geriatric maltese at xmas, thinking (or not in my case) it'd only be for 2 weeks.She was dumped in the pound and nobody reclaimed her or wanted to rehome her.

4 1/2mths later, she's still with me and has a medical list as long as your arm. :o So, it looks like i'm a dog owner again as she'll never be medically stable enough to be rehomed and tbh i wouldnt trust anyone enough to do the right thing by her.

I havent really said too much about her as i "genuinely" didnt think id have her that long.:confused: Anyway...i'm now the bemused owner of this frail little old lady, who has so many things wrong with her,is stubborn as a mule but has won my heart :p

Is this little Zafira? If so, well done!! what a marvellous transformation, she is just darling. I dont think I could've parted with her either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Is this little Zafira? If so, well done!! what a marvellous transformation, she is just darling. I dont think I could've parted with her either!

Tis indeed ;) She's a gas little thing but has my heart broke already with the amount of vet care she's needed since ive had her :o There's an appeal up for funds as the charity are kindly paying for all her medical care!

• Advertisement

Tis indeed ;) She's a gas little thing but has my heart broke already with the amount of vet care she's needed since ive had her :o There's an appeal up for funds as the charity are kindly paying for all her medical care!

I sent in a small (really small :o) donation and have been following her updates. the poor little thing was in an awful state. You're a saint for minding her.

I sent in a small (really small :o) donation and have been following her updates. the poor little thing was in an awful state. You're a saint for minding her.

Ah janey that's so nice of you. Thanks a mill. ;) Yeah the poor thing was in bits when i got her and has improved lots, but she has lots of elderly conditions that will need to be maintained for the rest of her life. At this stage she's not really adoptable so she'll live out her days in my gaff :p

Ah janey that's so nice of you. Thanks a mill. ;) Yeah the poor thing was in bits when i got her and has improved lots, but she has lots of elderly conditions that will need to be maintained for the rest of her life. At this stage she's not really adoptable so she'll live out her days in my gaff :p

have to say i love the oldies though, they really tug at the heart strings.

have to say i love the oldies though, they really tug at the heart strings.
    Tell me about it :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I hope this works okay. Its so funny, the black dog has life well sussed. we have a husky here that tends to do the same thing, just plonks himself on top of other dogs and goes to sleep.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=4017404959583&set=vb.1415157972&type=2&theater

• Advertisement

Dude keeps pinning down my hand so he can clean it and if I try move it he bites. If he was female and allowed have babies he would have the cleanest babies in Ireland, but for now he will have to settle with having the cleanest mammy in Ireland :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Things are going well with Toby. We've been leaving the back door open for him to encourage him to come in. I came down from the shower last night and he was munching away on Applaws in the kitchen. He ran out when he saw me but was tempted back in with roast chicken.

He does love his chicken. He had a ton of it then had a look in the living room, sniffed Mr P's foot and had a look around. Felix woke up and sniffed the air, started heavy breathing then jumped off sofa. Toby ran out to the garden but wasn't too fussed and neither was Felix. He's loving the fleece blanket we put in the shed for him. He's on it as I type.

It's funny to see the contrast in how they each were when they first arrived to us. Felix had a tin of tuna, walked in and snuggled on my lap, Jazzy took a year to feel comfortable around us and Toby is a bit nervous but is letting me get closer to him after a week.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Just had the Newfie in the dog park in Grifeen Park.

Have to say that's the best invention ever.Somewhere to let them off and have a run without having to worry about them taking off.She has good recall but I never really let her off just in case.

Only thing is I read that they had troughs of water there for the dogs but there were none that I could see and I really didn't want her drinking from that river.Had to go out and grab a couple of bottles of water from the local shop just to quench her thirst.
    That and some owners couldn't be bothered cleaning up their dogs poo so it was like running a gauntlet through it in some places.

But yeah great idea for us dog owners.

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Just had the Newfie in the dog park in Grifeen Park.

Have to say that's the best invention ever.Somewhere to let them off and have a run without having to worry about them taking off.She has good recall but I never really let her off just in case.

Only thing is I read that they had troughs of water there for the dogs but there were none that I could see and I really didn't want her drinking from that river.Had to go out and grab a couple of bottles of water from the local shop just to quench her thirst.
    That and some owners couldn't be bothered cleaning up their dogs poo so it was like running a gauntlet through it in some places.

But yeah great idea for us dog owners.

Folding water bowl FTW - cheap in the pet shop/online and better imo than the dog bottles with the drinker thing on them - you can take a normal bottle of water (or I use of the steel/cool bottle) have a drink yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So proud of my boys! Yesterday I tried them out on some agility equipment for the first time with someone who has been doing it a while. She had warned me that it can be a slow process to get them to jump and that the A-frame can cause problems for some dogs. Not my two, they loved it. 4 jumps, A frame and a tunnel all taken in their stride. Granted someone who does agility would be shocked at the lack of correct contacts and my messy crosses but it was a bit of fun and they did really well.

They met the smallest dog they've ever met before too, Harley was very confused and kept whining at her, when she did a play bow and bark he nearly lost his life. Phoe, the little perv just wanted to drool all over her :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Finished the final vet nursing exams on Thursday, which were preceded by ten days of hurried assignments that needed completing. Hear that quiet but distinct hiss, like air slowly leaving a balloon? That's the sound of all the veterinary facts and figures leaving my short-term memory. :D

boomerang wrote: »
    Finished the final vet nursing exams on Thursday, which were preceded by ten days of hurried assignments that needed completing. Hear that quiet but distinct hiss, like air slowly leaving a balloon? That's the sound of all the veterinary facts and figures leaving my short-term memory. :D

I'm in exactly the same boat, it's amazing how fast you can lose all that info after exams!! :P I find myself even forgetting the most basic things at times :pac::pac:

Acronyms and mnemonics are the way to go! I still remember them from last year's exams! Now, I don't remember what they stand for, but hey, I still remember them! :D

CRABBUM is one I remember using in biochemistry.. I just can't remember what it stands for or what it's in relation to :D

"My pink pig needs attention" was one for anatomy and physiology... It's meaning escapes me now!

My favourite this year was "Papap!" - the five purposes of a dressing/bandage. :)

• Advertisement

I've found a great new cat toy - crow feathers! My house is surrounded by a rookery, 3 sides of the garden and across the road are all full of trees which are all full of crows, I had Dude out today for a little adventure and he was fascinated by watching the crows, and a feather dropped off one flying over us. He lept on it but was also kinda scared of it, it was hilarious! So I went around collecting up all the loose feathers in the garden for him :)

CRABBUM is one I remember using in biochemistry.. I just can't remember what it stands for or what it's in relation to :D

I was the same last year doing IT interviews - you get techy tests and some of the questions were things i learnt 10 years ago and never heard of again!

"Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away" etc etc :rolleyes:

Osmosis, the movement of water from a weaker to a stronger solution through a semi-permeable membrane. Don't know why, but that phrase from my school days, a long, long, long, long time ago has always stuck.

After spending my childhood watching Sabrina the teenage witch, when we were learning about mitosis all I can remember ''Mitoses is...........''. I still can't remember the definition!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

@sillymangoX dried up leaves are good too, they drive Mouse insane, think its the noise, you can blow them about with a straw, just get the Hoover out when done ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

You know the way when you go on holidays and you come back and think, wow, the grass has grown, the leaves have really come in on the trees etc.... Well does anybody think their dogs have gotton hairier as well? Or is it just me?:P

You know the way when you go on holidays and you come back and think, wow, the grass has grown, the leaves have really come in on the trees etc.... Well does anybody think their dogs have gotton hairier as well? Or is it just me?:P

Yes, my dogs seem to be getting their winter coats, not losing them :mad:

ISDW wrote: »
    Yes, my dogs seem to be getting their winter coats, not losing them :mad:

Oh I hope Bailey gets a winter coat this year lol!! He's started to get a proper retriever coat since switching to raw :p

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Oh I hope Bailey gets a winter coat this year lol!! He's started to get a proper retriever coat since switching to raw :p

Hopefully he'll get in at the start of winter though, not the start of summer (allegedly) :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement