Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Lovely weather, tea and cookies fresh from the oven out the back earlier, in the sun with cats and dogs wrestling in front of us, very funny to watch. Oliver breaks it up if it gets to rough.

Think I over did things though, all the gardening, moving stuff, cleaning windows, scrubbing interior of the car etc, ove rather last few days. And now I'm laying in bed unable to sleep with the pain, I should know better by now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Boo I've the day off today and it's piddling rain! :mad:

Same here tk123, but it's good for the garden!
    Cleaning inside the house has been neglected last few days, so plenty to do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Rain is awful here too, poor dude is going stir crazy being stuck in cos with the last few days being so nice he used to potter around the garden with me! Not a hope will I be going out in this!

W00t it stopped long enough for a nice walk in the Phoenix Park :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

ISDW has closed her account:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Ah no. Will miss her terribly :(

Ah no. Will miss her terribly :(

+1 :(

Oh no! I hope she's okay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭muddypaws

Maybe not. ;)

I've wanted to change name for ages, and one of the mods was trying to sort it out, as its not usual for boards to allow it, but I got fed up waiting today, so closed the account and have a new one :D I think a lot of times people's posts are perceived by who it is posting, and that name says a particular thing so ....

But thank you for noticing, and caring. :)

• Advertisement

muddypaws wrote: »
    Maybe not. ;)

I've wanted to change name for ages, and one of the mods was trying to sort it out, as its not usual for boards to allow it, but I got fed up waiting today, so closed the account and have a new one :D I think a lot of times people's posts are perceived by who it is posting, and that name says a particular thing so ....

Yippee!!:D

But how do we reeaaally know it's you?;)

Yippee!!:D

But how do we reeaaally know it's you?;)

You don't, I could say anything I want, and nobody would know who it is - ah, the freedom. am I me, or am I someone else? Will have to watch my posting style.

You don't, I could say anything I want, and nobody would know who it is - ah, the freedom. am I me, or am I someone else? Will have to watch my posting style.

*Makes note to set up a 'picture competition' to get muddypaws to enter:P

Oliver stole and ate a bag of pumpkin seeds while I was at work, he's on a health kick this week, had some spinach and banana too earlier in the week!
    Anyone else got a klepto for a dog?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Ah yaay. I literally just posted in the Mod forum to say i was sad to see you go.

MuddyPaws...gas :D

Well now that the panic is over :D:D:D .....all going well we'll have a new fur baby in a couple of months!! Spoke to the breeder yesterday evening and she sounded great - like a textbook reputable breeder. The pups are 5 days old today so have to call back next week to see when we can visit for the first time etc The daddy was the best of breed/green star at the IKC show on Paddy's Day.

Another Retriever Tk?

anniehoo wrote: »
    Ah yaay. I literally just posted in the Mod forum to say i was sad to see you go.

MuddyPaws...gas :D

There's a mod forum?

Do you have infraction leagues and the like?
    Do you get to give out shiite about bad posters too?:p

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Maybe not. ;)

Glad to hear the rumours aren't true!
    I had forwarded your request to change your name to the higher powers, argued your case for you etc, but it seemed to stall there. Sorry about that, as it would've been ideal if you could have just switched IDs. :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Maybe not. ;)

Yay! Welcome back, love the username - wish I'd thought of it!

• Advertisement

There's a mod forum?

Ohhh yep, there's a whole crazy world behind the main Boards :p

wrote:
    Do you get to give out shiite about bad posters too?:p

Yep... and get free wine, holidays and a company car....ah no not really,only some of this sentence is true! :D

Another Retriever Tk?

Yep a girl this time - luckily that's what we wanted because the whole litter was girls :pac:

Oh good ISDW I mean, muddypaws, so glad you're not gone!

TK, can't wait to see updates on the little girl, any name ideas yet? :)

Oh good ISDW

TK, can't wait to see updates on the little girl, any name ideas yet? :)

Yes lol! We had no idea until the breeder said the dad has 'Ringo Star' in his name so that settled it for us - Lucy :)

:mad::mad::mad: Waking up to your cat peeing on your duvet right beside your head is not a good start to a beautiful sunny day. Grrrrrr.........

Beanie was tested again on tuesday for a UTI as his peeing is out of controll!!!!!It's always negative. It's driving me absolutely bananas. Is there such a thing as a feline behaviourist in Ireland?

:mad::mad::mad: Waking up to your cat peeing on your duvet right beside your head is not a good start to a beautiful sunny day. Grrrrrr.........

Beanie was tested again on tuesday for a UTI as his peeing is out of controll!!!!!It's always negative. It's driving me absolutely bananas. Is there such a thing as a feline behaviourist in Ireland?

I'm sure there must be, mustn't there? Maybe pm Whispered and ask her?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Have the two small dogs booked in to get their teeth done tomorrow. Hate that they have to get knocked out.

Good luck with the pup TK!

I'm babysitting my 7 year old twin cousins at the moment, it's great that Dude was raised around kids cos now he loves to play with them whereas the 2 big cats just run and hide! Though I have to say the kitten is better at entertaining himself than the kids are, Dude is happy to play away by himself but the kids want me outside all the time with them, and is driving my hayfever absolutely crazy!

Have you tried Prevalin yet for the hayfever? It feels weird at first - it's a nasal spray but it's kind of like a gel that forms a barrier. I've been using it instead of Avamys since it doesn't have sterioids and is perscription free. That and generic Ziretek from chemist direct ;) ... oh and neilmed and seretide - i have chronic rhinitis = €€€€ :mad:

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Have you tried Prevalin yet for the hayfever? It feels weird at first - it's a nasal spray but it's kind of like a gel that forms a barrier. I've been using it instead of Avamys since it doesn't have sterioids and is perscription free. That and generic Ziretek from chemist direct ;) ... oh and neilmed and seretide - i have chronic rhinitis = €€€€ :mad:

At the moment I'm using avamys and telfast, but I only started taking them yesterday and apparently it takes a few days to build up before it starts working! Is that nelimed the sinus rinse? I hate that stuff!! Feels like taking a dive into the ocean or something!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement