Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Round 2 of trying to trap Merlin the stray again tonight. I hope ive left it long enough that hes kind of forgotten about the trap from a few weeks ago. Fingers crossed for this time!!!!! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good luck!

Failed....again :( I tell ya ill flippin castrate this cat myself when i finally manage to catch him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I was walking Cato yesterday when some woman with a terrier stopped to pet him :

Woman; "Oh he's beautiful, he's only a puppy is he? Lovely dog. What breed is he?".

Me; "Oh he's a German Shepherd X, he's only 9 months"

Woman; "Oh god, I wouldn't have touched him if I knew he was a German Shepherd".

:mad:

Ha What a gob****e. Well you know yourself, her loss.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I'm packing up all my dogs most prized possessions to be put away and feel like a horrible, horrible person :(

All sorts of new things will appear in duplicate tomorrow morning though ;)

I'm packing up all my dogs most prized possessions to be put away and feel like a horrible, horrible person :(

All sorts of new things will appear in duplicate tomorrow morning though ;)

:confused:

Magic duplicating box?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Whispered wrote: »
    :confused:

Magic duplicating box?

Ha, ha, No magic disappearing wages :pac:

(Doggie Number 2 arrives tomorrow)

Exciting! Good luck. I hope you've got your camera ready.

I hope you've got your camera ready.

Knew I was forgetting something! That's the rest of my Thursday taken up searching for my charger now :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Oh very exciting AJ!
    Exciting! Good luck. I hope you've got your camera ready.
    Obligopics now tomorrow ok!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Knew I was forgetting something! That's the rest of my Thursday taken up searching for my charger now :rolleyes:
    Ooh yay puppy pictures!! :D is it a sheltie you're getting?

This week as been unbearabley long up in college. After two weeks of being home for Easter I forgot how much the time up here draaaags!! At least I get to go home tomorrow to lots of licks and marks from Cream and a night spent with Peach on my lap trying to steal whatever Im eating. Oh how I miss my furbabies!!!<33

Ooh yay puppy pictures!! :D is it a sheltie you're getting?

He is, and getting nicely settled in. Certainly likes his food and his cuddles, and sticking to me like glue since his new best bud (my niece) went to bed, could be in for a long night :pac:

201404.JPG

Oh my goodness he is beautiful!!!! Really gorgeous colouring :D What did you call him?? If he goes missing, it wasn't me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Oh my god :eek:. What a babe! He is gorgeous!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ahhh hes gorgeous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

He's gorgeous!!! Love his colouring, is he merle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Awwwwwwwwwwww, AJ what a gorgeous pup!
    Did you name him yet?

(More pic's please;))

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I want a puppy!!! lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Was just walking with Gussie there and I was so glad to see a GSD running free allowed to play, because normally every time I see them they're on a lead. So him and Gussie were playing and swimming together for ages, he was such a lovely dog. On my way back out of the park, this lady with a yappy westie stopped me telling me that "there is a dangerous alsatian on the loose up there, my nerves are getting at me!" You'd swear they were vicious. Then she commented on how Gussie was gorgeous, I decided not to mention that he was a GSD Retriever x because I think she would've lost her mind!

It was just so annoying that she was so terrified of the GSD that was so lovely and gentle. Her dog was crazy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭are you serious

She knocks in just after I had the dogs out and says "did you just have the dogs outside?" yes I replied(she knew and had obviously just seen me walking back in), is everything ok? "its just that there is a big poo in my garden" so I replied "it wasnt buddy or izzy..." she then says "well its so big and i'm just concerned for the kids running around" I was thinking to myself would you ever F#@k off you dog is constantly going in my garden and I just said it wasnt my dogs... :mad:

Anyway I went and investigated said poo and I says to her no thats not my dogs (isnt it weird how we can tell our dogs poo... :o ) I turned and said I Will pick it up if you want me to though... she replies "yeah its just the size of it, it had to be your dogs"

Fact I know it wasnt my dogs, what I will do next time her little rodent comes into my garden is pick it up (like I always do) and kindly place it on her doorstep! :mad:

Anyway found a new place to walk the dogs (off leash imagine) so they have been loving their walks and Buddy who normally shy's away from getting into the car jumps in now no problem every time!!!! This makes me :D and forget about poo lady next door!! (and united not beating everton)

Happy weekend!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Yeah we tried a new place to walk the other day - Santry Park/Woods beside Northwood. OMG - it was BRILLIANT all well behaved dogs off lead and long grass for him to run thru. He jumped in the lake and came out with 4 black boots lol! :rolleyes:

Round 2 of worming cat, 2-0 to her. :rolleyes: Injuries so far include a claw lodged in my thumb. I will not admit defeat. Wish they'd invent worming doses in injection form, I could stab her all day with needles and she doesn't flinch, show her a tablet and she nearly passes out hyperventilating and turns into demon cat.

tried grinding it up and put it in the food???

tried grinding it up and put it in the food???

Nope, she's so fussy if she gets a whiff of it she won't eat it, don't wanna waste a tablet. Next step is to wrap her in a towel while sitting on her. Tried sitting on her without the towel but the front paws come up.

The dogs the same, only way to get them into him is to get 3 pieces of raw sausage or liver, stick the tablet into the middle piece, give him a piece, give him the tablet piece and immediately give him the third piece so he doesn't chew the tablet. Cutting a pork flavoured tablet into 4 pieces and mixing it into wet food results in him eating around it and spitting out the tablet.
    What are the pair of them like!

Zapperzy try and source the Profender spot on wormer i mentioned. Am going to try and get work to get it in...will make life soooo much easier!

I got the profender before in my vets. I found it worked very well but it involved keeping my babies separate for a time as they groom each other and its used once a month instead of 3 months so not as practical (but still not the worst!) Im blessed with my 2 though, offer them the tablet and theyll just eat it! Sometimes I pop it in a small bit of soft cheese if they are reluctant though. Have you tried using one of those things that kind of looks like a syringe and forces the pill back? I cant remember what they are called!

I must look into the profender, only have the 1 cat so no issues with cross grooming, no danger of the dog grooming her anytime soon either! Mango I call them pill poppers no idea of the proper name, that's what I used last time and I got it into her no trouble at all because I think she thought it was a toothbrush so she let it into her mouth and I had it down her throat before she knew better, she's too wise this time though!

Just checked and it's £4.07 on vetuk and prescription only, drontal is £1.66 or €3 where I normally get it here. Must price the profender next time I'm at the vets which is probably some day this week. Mango it also says it does for 3 months which wouldn't be as bad on the pocket as once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Sitting in work freezing...gotta stay here until at least 7, and the weather is awful.....
    I wanna fury baby to hug and keep me warm.
    Mine are all asleep on the sofa (or my bed) at home. :(

• Advertisement

Love working nights.. Can't wait for bed, bright mornings kids leaving for school Montessori a few doors down from my house, oh yes this is the life!!!! Roll on 7 when I get in the door take the dogs out, possibly have a cup of tea maybe stretch it out spoil myself and have some toast, then morning traffic leaving for the rat race keeps me awake, then the kids.... I think I'm tired now, roll on Sunday the end of my week....

As you can all tell I am going a little crazy here in work tonight haha!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement