Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Well, Toby's obviously feeling much better. He gifted us with a mouse a while ago, the first one we've seen him with. We don't know if it escaped out the open cat flap or went under the units but it's just as well Mr Pumpkinseeds pulled the cooker out as the earth wire had come out of the cooker, it must've been loose. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

My black and gold ghost koi fish, Willy, who I've had for over a year now finally trusts me enough to eat food from my hand :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

My 2 are wrecking my head! If one is playing with something the other wants it, only to want something else when they eventually get it.

Tara, Queen grumpy, barks at Elly to get her to play, but then later growls and grumbles at her if she even looks in her direction.
    I need a break!!!!!

I'm paranoid about that live mouse Toby brought in last night. The cat flap is in the side panel at the back door and there's only about a foots distance between it and the cooker. One minute mousey was in his mouth, when he turned around it was gone. Not sure if it escaped out or if it's lurking somewhere in the house. None of the 4 cats is showing even the slightest indication of smelling anything, so hopefully it's not in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Look what I did!! :p Never really done anything crafty so pleased with the results!

332613.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

They're lovely tk :)

We had our traditional Christmas Eve tonight as my mam is working tomorrow, we always go to our cousins house to swap pressies, and this year they got a little stocking for dude! they really love him, he's the only one of my three who isn't terrified of them. He's delighted with his new toys :D

We had the dogs out for a run in the big park earlier...Lucy at one stage took off up a hill with a stick...we called her and she came back to us no probs leaving the stick behind...10-15 mins later as we came back around she went running back to get the stick and joined us again.. My friend decided it might't be a stick as it looked kind of weird so we got closer to inspect it - which took a while because she thought we were having a game with her :p ..it was a mucky green SPINE!!! :eek: >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Tea Tree

I knew it was worth hanging on to the old baby gates:D Now grandad (who is very unsteady on his feet) will be safe from jumpy dogs over Christmas and dogs are contained but not locked away and can still see us and be given treats and head rubs.

Felix is galloping about like a lunatic waiting for the turkey to be carved so he can have some. He was almost climbing on our heads every time we basted it. Funny cat our Felix. The other 3 are more or less calm but as soon as they know the turkey is being carved they'll encircle Mr Pumpkinseeds.:D

Merry Christmas to all the boardsies!! I hope you all have a happy one and all your pets get the generous amount of Turkey they deserve :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Merry Christmas to all the boardsies!! I hope you all have a happy one and all your pets get the generous amount of Turkey they deserve :D

Merry Christmas, SM. A pup heard you and insisted on coming downstairs at 5am. Mug that I am, I thought it was an urgent loo situation and brought her down, turned off the alarm and opened the door. She fixed big black eyes on the turkey and danced.

(Of course I gave her some. Sure you'd have to! :o )

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!! :D

The same person who made a laugh of me on Tuesday for mentioning secret santa was shocked this morning when I said I didn't buy anything for the dogs because they don't need anything... So I'm mad one second and cruel the next! :rolleyes: Also they told me I had too much time on my hands for making the decorations - I was going to make one for their dog so glad I didn't lol!!! :pac"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Merry Christmas Everybody!

Snuggled into bed last night, lovely fresh clean bedclothes, Coco and Benson in for their cuddle and then out to their beds. 7 hours later Benson comes back in for his morning cuddle and gets sick on the clean bedclothes:o

Bit of an odd position for Coco, her head is down beside Bensons bum!

3Atf9SQl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Madness in this house this morning, Charlie ran straight in under the tree and grabbed his presents, how he knows which one to pick is beyond me because he never passes too much heed of other presents, lots of ripping and shaking but he's become an expert at speed unwrapping :D

Bailey forgot his manners and snatched a Christmas cracker as my mum and bro were pulling it lol!! He even tried to take another one from the table which is something he'd never do! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Flicking through amazon for any good deals and come across this, dog collar bottle opener, could come in handy when the bottle opener is too far to reach just call the dog over :P

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cycle-Dog-Bottle-Recycled-Seatbelt/dp/B00KB2GIKI/ref=sr_1_33?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1419551633&sr=1-33

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Flicking through amazon for any good deals and come across this, dog collar bottle opener, could come in handy when the bottle opener is too far to reach just call the dog over :P

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cycle-Dog-Bottle-Recycled-Seatbelt/dp/B00KB2GIKI/ref=sr_1_33?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1419551633&sr=1-33

Stg£23? I'd want the dog to open it herself, pirouette, pour it into a glass and present it on a silver tray with a linen napkin. ;)

Ah, the large is only £8-ish. That's probably because the large dogs drink half the beer before pouring.

:( My poor baba Lucy caught herself in the eye with a stick and ulcerated it! Never throwing sticks for her again! :(

tk123 wrote: »
    :( My poor baba Lucy caught herself in the eye with a stick and ulcerated it! Never throwing sticks for her again! :(

Poor Lucy. Like kids, aren't they? Did that mean a vet trip? :(

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Poor Lucy. Like kids, aren't they? Did that mean a vet trip? :(

Yeah took her over to be safe.Eye drops for a week and back for a checkup on Friday if it looks ok or sooner if it looks like its infected. She ulcerated her other eye in the summer and it got badly infected and she had even had oedema so her eye turned blue and looked like a ghost eye lol :p

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Yeah took her over to be safe.Eye drops for a week and back for a checkup on Friday if it looks ok or sooner if it looks like its infected. She ulcerated her other eye in the summer and it got badly infected and she had even had oedema so her eye turned blue and looked like a ghost eye lol :p

She needs goggles!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli seems to have a fear of one of the new toys she got for Christmas, like she actually hides when she sees it. It squeaks but she also has other toys she loves that squeak too :confused: Moone plays with it no problem but Alli starts shrieking barking at it ! Think that toy may have to be taken away :(

Convinced people I know to rehome their minorly injured greyhound instead of putting him down. I feel successful! He's such a sweet dog, just because he can't race again shouldn't mean the end, and they agreed but didn't even know that there are rescues which take ex racers and ready them for rehoming! So now they are much happier to get in contact with them and see what they can do rather than just bringing him for a last trip to the vets.

I put on an old t-shirt with a hole in it going to bed the other night and woke up to Jazzy poking the hole with a paw. Sitting on the bedside locker trying to hook a claw through the back wasn't getting me out of bed so he must've decided to make a game out of it.:D Given that all 4 of them had been given breakfast and the living room curtains were open for them I wasn't getting out of bed again. He probably just would have wandered off out the cat flap as soon as I got down anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Dogs going to vet in an hour. Suspected bloat. Mum has to take him though, I'm too close to having a panic attack and would be a mess in the vet, even if it turns out there's nothing serious wrong with him. He's panting like mad and can't lie down. Tail still wagging like crazy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

sup_dude wrote: »
    Dogs going to vet in an hour. Suspected bloat. Mum has to take him though, I'm too close to having a panic attack and would be a mess in the vet, even if it turns out there's nothing serious wrong with him. He's panting like mad and can't lie down. Tail still wagging like crazy though.

Not bloat, thank god! It's either a really bad stomach bug or there's something stuck. Vet isn't sure which so he's staying over night and they're going to keep an eye on him, give him some antibiotics and take him for a walk tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

That's good to hear sup_dude!

=-=

Came to post the latest Thinkbox doggie advert, which I think is nicely done :)

Moar info; http://uk.businessinsider.com/thinkbox-launches-final-harvey-the-dog-tv-ad-2014-12?r=US

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

Love, love, love that ad. Particularly the ending:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Dubl07 wrote: »

When I was growing up in London there was a small mechanic garage behind our house, the mechanic had two dogs, a bullmastiff cross and some kind of bully x jack Russell. He drove to and from work with them every day in a motorbike side car!
    They each had googles and a leather cap to cover their ears, as well as a windshield to the sidecar, and loved the bike. We used to love seeing them getting togged up their tails wagging like mad, before jumping into the side car while he held the door open.
    This mechanic wasn't a Londoner but a huge mountain of a man from Donegal! I never understood a word he said, even my irish dad couldn't understand him sometimes, but he hand made the those caps to fit the dogs.

• Advertisement

Lucy and Rebel partners in crime were lagging behind in the woods this morning... When they caught up to us Lucy was eating something and licking her lips - we thought poo but weren't sure because she'd normally roll in it. Home 10 mins and up it came...and no doubt what it was!!! >_<.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement