Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

mymo wrote: »
    They each had googles and a leather cap to cover their ears, as well as a windshield to the sidecar, and loved the bike. We used to love seeing them getting togged up their tails wagging like mad, before jumping into the side car while he held the door open.
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but it's on my "to watch" list;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I didn't know that we had any owls in the area until one flew out in front of me this evening when I was out for a walk. Frightened the life out of me at first, a big silver thing flying just above my head. It only just avoided being hit by a car. There were fireworks going off somewhere, so maybe it got spooked by them. I think it was a barn owl.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

The movie cats and dogs is on TV and max is engrossed! Been staring at the TV for almost an hour. Cutest ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We'd have no TV left if we put that on lol!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Think I'll have to put this on for him again one day, he really seemed to like it :P :pac:

73nnud.jpg

2ppwsus.jpg

• Advertisement

I'll have to try this with farty bum Lucy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Just saw this linked on facebook :mad:, talk about stupid. Not to mention her son has special needs so wouldn't be as aware of the dogs body language as most 8yr olds.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/proud-mother-sarah-palin-gushes-as-son-steps-on-their-dog-to-do-the-dishes-30875938.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Just saw this linked on facebook :mad:, talk about stupid. Not to mention her son has special needs so wouldn't be as aware of the dogs body language as most 8yr olds.

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/americas/proud-mother-sarah-palin-gushes-as-son-steps-on-their-dog-to-do-the-dishes-30875938.html

Can't believe that, she talks like the dog is a piece of furniture!
    I know he has special needs but I have friends with kids with special needs, none would allow their child/children to stand on a pet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

mymo wrote: »
    Can't believe that, she talks like the dog is a piece of furniture!
    I know he has special needs but I have friends with kids with special needs, none would allow their child/children to stand on a pet!

Palin and family have demonstrated repeatedly that the child with Downs is not alone in having special needs.

Poor dog.

Well Lucy's eye has healed but she still has a dot/mark on the eye - we'll have to wait and see if it disappears. We made it one day into the new year before going to the vets lol!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I spent New Years with my boyfriends family so I haven't seen my pets since Monday. As soon as I got out of the car today vogue came running purring and rolling around on her back, beau rubbed all his ginger hairs on my new black coat, Alli literally sang when she saw me and Moone wanted up in my arms straight away for a cuddle. Couldn't love these guys more if I tried what a welcome home:D

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Cocolola

Ollie was just out in our back yard there a half hour ago having his breakfast and doing his business. He was taking longer than usual to come back in so I looked out to see him hunched over eating something, turns out he was eating a bunch of flat, brittle cooked bones that some neighbour had thrown over :mad: He's been off form the last day or two, so now I'm paranoid that this isn't the first bit he's found.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

well so far since Christmas, Elly has stolen;
    Son's new Ipod shuffle
    Bottle of nail varnish remover
    Tube of lip balm
    Sachets of silicone out of presents

Thankfully all were rescued before any damage could occur (to dog or items)!!

I'm over in UK at minute, so have been skyping the dogs! (and hubby...) Tara is distinctly unimpressed, but Elly is hilarious to watch her trying to work out where I am!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this.
    I have 2 miniature dachshunds. They are 10 months old. They've never been professionally groomed before but I have washed them at home.
    I've booked them in next Saturday for their first professional grooming, it's a full groom so includes ear cleaning, nail clipping, all the usuals and I'm just wondering what I should expect. The groomer said it will take about 2 hours altogether but I'm just wondering will they be okay during that time?
    I know I probably sound neurotic but I'm more worried about the groomer having to listen to them whining or crying about being left with a stranger. I'm hoping that someone can reassure me that as soon as I'm gone they'll pretty much just chill out and enjoy the pampering and not be stressed?

Jazzy came and sat on me at 5am, soaking wet he was and I wasn't long waking up. He has a thing about using me as a hot water bottle when he gets wet. Cats:D

I didn't want to start a whole new thread for this.
    I have 2 miniature dachshunds. They are 10 months old. They've never been professionally groomed before but I have washed them at home.
    I've booked them in next Saturday for their first professional grooming, it's a full groom so includes ear cleaning, nail clipping, all the usuals and I'm just wondering what I should expect. The groomer said it will take about 2 hours altogether but I'm just wondering will they be okay during that time?
    I know I probably sound neurotic but I'm more worried about the groomer having to listen to them whining or crying about being left with a stranger. I'm hoping that someone can reassure me that as soon as I'm gone they'll pretty much just chill out and enjoy the pampering and not be stressed?

They'll be fine. They will most likely fall asleep during all the pampering, my two always do. The groomer listens to dogs barking, whining etc All day so that's not going to be an issue for them. Try not to stress yourself out because your dogs will pick up on that and be stressed themselves. It's a bonus they have each other for comfort.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

What's the average price for grooming a dog? A friend asked me last night and I hadnt a clue, I've never had a dog that needed professional grooming! Her dog is about the size of a springer and has a few mats that need to be shaved out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

What's the average price for grooming a dog? A friend asked me last night and I hadnt a clue, I've never had a dog that needed professional grooming! Her dog is about the size of a springer and has a few mats that need to be shaved out.

The place I'm bringing the 2 lads to charges as follows:

Breed Size - Short or Smooth Coat - Long or Heavy Coat

Tiny - From €20 - From €30
    Small - From €25 - From €45
    Medium - From €30 - From €50
    Large - From €35 - From €55
    Giant - From €50 - From €70
    A full groom is a wash, dry, nail clip, ear clean, eye clean, breed standard hair cut or trim and conditioning spray.
    It says on their website that they charge extra for heavily soiled or matted coats.

Sillymango between €50 - €60 would be normal for springer size and as 26sdrawkcab said most places will charge extra if the dogs coat is in a very bad way. I pay €45 to get Moone groomed which is a bit steep in my opinion, she's small with a rough wire coat, i got her groomed in petmania last time and they didn't do half of what they charged me for so I'm currently on the look out for a new groomer.

:pac: Toy Story 3 is on TV and there's a squeaky noise every few mins - Lucy is very confused and perplexed looking at the tv and around the room and then finally to me thinking it's me squeaking the toy lol :p

• Advertisement

Thanks guys! I was right in my guesstimating, she was hoping it would cost a lot more! Her sister owns the dog and won't brush it - going through the rebellious teenage phase so Im told! So she's hoping it'll cost around €100, all out of the sisters pocket money, so it might cop her onto actually brushing the poor fella.

I'm sure it won't cost that much but hopefully the teenager learns a lesson If she is made pay for it. Long coated dogs are hard work!

Had Peach and Cream in for their vaccines this morning, I said it to the vet about her anal gland so he expressed it.. My god! The amount of crap that came out! She had only ever expressed a few drops for me but even the vet was shocked at how much came out of her, said he'd never seen it in a cat before. So hopefully now that it's emptied out fully it'll go back to normal. She was highly offended by the whole ordeal so she's getting a chicken wing for her troubles :)

We took our Christmas decorations down earlier today and Felix is being a swine to the others. He always goes from excited to aggressive for some reason. The cat has issues, he fits in well here:D

:rolleyes: I ordered some stuff from zooplus over the holidays so got it sent to my house instead of work where I normally send stuff.... of course it arrived at the wrong depot yesterday and is now in limbo! In happier news heeheehee I stumbled across neoprene hunting vests in my quest to get a new coat for mucky pup Lucy and they've arrived at Parcel Motel so will have them tomorrow! Hope they fit - I got one for Bailey too with the intention of using them in the mornings and when we go on mucky walks at the weekend so hopefully they fit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Left the attic open earlier as I went to pick up the decorations.....

:pac:

VpGHm9p.gif

I love the way the tail goes - ready...steady...GO :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I thought he might go up one or two and I'd get a funny photo of him but noooooo. He had other ideas.

What makes it worse is that our attic is all insulation with only a two metre strip I can safely go across, unless I stick to the beams. Kovu was bouncing around the insulation, covered in cobwebs and insulating foam beads and even managed to go between the roofing felt and some upper insulation :eek:

A couple of hours and treats later, he was nabbed! And now he's whinging pitifully around the corridor looking up at the ceiling. I have created a monster!

Kovu, years ago my parents neighbours cat used to spend a lot of time in the house with my folks and whenever my brother went up into the attic he'd trot up the ladder behind him, even their own cats never did that.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Kovu, You've taken his new playground away from him!
    My kitten Tux has turned into a monster too, with her new 'swimming pool'!!

I think cats are just something else (being new to them) - the way they ignore you completely and continue with their own agenda. Being a dog person (with such well trained/obedient dogs :cool:) I always thought cat owners were obviously not training their cats properly when I saw the way cats ignore their owners ... now I am the owner of a kitten who laughs in my face and trots off about her business (although she does know her name and comes when she feels inclined)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement