Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Dubl07 wrote: »
    Brilliant - thank you! :)

Penneys is worth a try too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Yes the dealz ones are €1.49 I believe and the penneys ones are only €4. I have to pick one up for moone, They don't make them in allis size :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Woke to a light covering of snow this morning. The 2 dogs went mental!! Elly's first snow:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh I hope we get some snow but its 0 degrees so don't think its cold enough!

I lol'd in the park this morning :p We often pass a man with a narky little dog as we're leaving - so my two are on lead and his dog isn't. It always comes running over going ballistic at Lucy in particular. Well this morning the warden opened the gates a bit earlier than normal so I left my two off lead as the man was passing... The dog took a few steps towards us barking at Lucy and Bailey just ran at it - not barking or anything but as if to say hey we're actually bigger than you so back off... The dog ran away screaming lol!!! At least he scolds the dog for barking the other guy we meet is letting two little brats run towards Lucy on their flexi leads snapping at her and says nothing :mad: I can see her tensing up every morning when we get into the park because she knows they'll be passing any minute. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Kovu wrote: »
    I'd have no problem keeping her but she hates other cats. She will growl and hiss and spit at them and Kovu and Squeak were going round hunched up if she was outside. It's a hard one.

Thats so amazing that she was only with you briefly and after being rehomed, rejected her new family, and found her way back to you - pregnant and miles (well 2) - I think she has definately chosen you - kinda touching and humbling really when you think about it. Kovu & Squeak will have to get used to her - and her to them - she obviously doesnt mind them that much, or she would have stayed at her new home. Hope it all works out for ALL of you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

She's currently sitting in the window looking it at me miaowing! She's a dote to be fair to her. We're going to give her one more try at the new home and I'll feed her there myself for the first week and if she returns again we'll keep her :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't know why Toby won't stay in at night. He toddles off somewhere in the middle of the night every night and is rarely back before 7am. He stayed on our bed til 1 and Mr Pumpkinseeds couldn't sleep so was up most of the night so he checked out the front for him a lot and no sign of him. He arrived back drenched and frozen, had some breakfast and came back to bed with me after that. He refuses to come in the cat flap during the night for some bizarre reason.:confused:

She's currently sitting in the window looking it at me miaowing! She's a dote to be fair to her. We're going to give her one more try at the new home and I'll feed her there myself for the first week and if she returns again we'll keep her :)

God how crappy would you feel if you adopted a pet and it decided to move out lol :pac: "This isn't working out - I'm moving back to Kovu's" :p

It sounds like her new family need to make a fuss of her and spoil her with treats to keep her there. Cats will always go where they feel happiest.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Hahaha "Screw you guys, Kovu lets me in her bed, I'm going back to her place" :D:D
    They have two kids so maybe she's not too fond of them. I don't think she's a kid-friendly sort of cat.

• Advertisement

GAAAAAAAH!!! I think Bailey's dew claw is cracked - can't tell if it's actually cracked or if it's just like a dead layer peeling off the nail if that makes sense? I can't get hold of it long enough to examine it - which is normal if he has a cracked nail or not! I've been meaning to cut them but it's so hard to do it myself - especially since his op where he had lines in his paws so doesn't want anyone touching them. >_<

When Alli was jumping off the sofa she knocked my iPad to the floor, now the home screen screen is all fuzzy . Hopefully it won't cost a fortune to fix :(

Wide awake after the dogs went mental when hubby arrived in from his Xmas night out. least I know they'd wake if we were burgled!!
    Been up twice since with them deciding they needed wees!

Just managed to fix the ipad! Alli has been forgiven :)

SingItOut wrote: »
    Just managed to fix the ipad! Alli has been forgiven :)

:o I broke my iPhone 4 screen...TWICE!! I upgraded to an iPhone 6 a few weeks ago and have a ballistic glass screen protector on it and also insured it lol! :o

Anyways good news for BB - it WAS just a dead layer of his nail peeling off. I was able to grind some of it away on Friday and then after a run and swim in the dunes yesterday the loose bit was gone. THANK GOD!! He's been through so much the last few months it was the last thing we need. Hopefully he won't stress out too much on Thursday when I take him over for his bloods! Last time he had them done it was voting day and I took him into the polling station on the way back from the vets... Normally he'd be happy to have everyone talking to him but he stood in his moods ignoring everyone and feeling sorry for himself!! :pac::pac:

tk123 wrote: »
    :o I broke my iPhone 4 screen...TWICE!! I upgraded to an iPhone 6 a few weeks ago and have a ballistic glass screen protector on it and also insured it lol

I have it two years and it's never fallen, it's never even came out if it's case! I was actually terrified to turn it over for fear of the screen being smashed. I was supposed to get insurance the week after I bought it but the shop shut down :mad:

I get so annoyed that so many people aren't getting their dogs/cats spayed/neutered. Some neighbours of ours were notorious for not getting their cats spayed/neutered and there were loads of kittens over the years, many of them were rehomed and they kept the ones that weren't. They're animal lovers but totally irresponsible. I've just seen pics online of a litter of pups that one of their dogs has had. I just assumed that she was spayed since they let her out with their other dogs for a run every morning, yet when she went missing for a while they described her as having 'got out':mad:

Not the first pups she's had and probably won't be the last.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

I just collected my Foster kittens mother so I now have 9 cats in the house! :o she and her eldest son are going off to a new home next weekend. Just have to find homes for the four kittens now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Tux our kitten is really pushing the boundaries.
    Why cant a cat be biddable like a dog :o
    She INSISTS on jumping up on the kitchen table
    We've lifted her down 200000000000000 times, and say NO! and a little tap on the bottom
    This a.m. she jumped up on the breakfast table, and knocked onto the ground my husbands mug of tea - his FAVOURITE mug, which smashed to smithereens (of course) - my husband is VERY upset - he loved that mug.
    (Tux meanwhile is sitting on the back of the sofa licking the milky tea off her person)

aonb wrote: »
    Tux our kitten is really pushing the boundaries.
    Why cant a cat be biddable like a dog :o
    She INSISTS on jumping up on the kitchen table
    We've lifted her down 200000000000000 times, and say NO! and a little tap on the bottom
    This a.m. she jumped up on the breakfast table, and knocked onto the ground my husbands mug of tea - his FAVOURITE mug, which smashed to smithereens (of course) - my husband is VERY upset - he loved that mug.
    (Tux meanwhile is sitting on the back of the sofa licking the milky tea off her person)

They like to be up high so they can keep an eye on what's going on, so basic nosiness and a fear of missing anything yummy that might be on offer. We have a multilevel scratching post in the kitchen that they sit on and snoop from, not practical for everyone though. You can buy a product called Ssscat, it's basically an aerosol can that you put in areas you don't want a cat to go on and it sets off a jet of air when the sensor goes off, it makes a hissing sound.

The idea is that every time the cat goes near the area you don't want them to be the aerosol goes off and that after 2 weeks max, the cat will see the area as hostile and will avoid it. You can get them on Amazon, we just got used to wiping down surfaces before we put food on them though. It's like the saying 'a dog comes when it's called but a cat takes a note and gets back to you'.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I decided I'd get my cats the Christmas edition of their Cosma wet food as a treat. Peach has been giving me filthy looks all evening because it's Duck mixed with Chicken and not just plain chicken. She's too fussy. She won't eat for the rest of the night now, I think she gets paranoid that I might be trying to poison her anytime I offer anything new!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I have that with the small dog, if I offer her a piece of food she waits to see if other dog is getting some too.
    If he's not around she will pick it apart before eating, just to check for poison (aka meds or worm tablet).

Cats aren't so fussy and other dog takes tablet out of my hand if I so much as show him a bit of ham or chorizo.

Just gone to bed to find Elly had jumped all over it after being outside. It's covered in muddy pawprints!! I'm waay too tired and lazy to change it :-(

I wrapped all the pets Christmas presents tonight and rewrapped allis secret Santa presents as my mam opened them! The dogs were in watching me and kept robbing the toys off the sofa! I got barked out when I "explained" they can't have them till Christmas Day, two very unimpressed dogs here :D I'll be taking a video for secret Santa purposes and for allis foster mum of Alli opening her presents, Alli barks... A lot and very loudly so i will advise everyone in advance to watch it on mute :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I was just thinking back on this time last year when I used to be up at this time of the night to empty Dudes bladder, but instead of being up for those kind of reasons, tonight I spent the night on the couch watching lots of crappy tv and having the most amazing cuddly time with him :) the best investment I've made this year is his custom made nappy. It means I can actually bring him into more of the house besides the kitchen and utility to let him play and cuddle without having to worry about little poops everywhere!

GRrrrr I was driving out of the top of my road and had an off-lead dog come running at the car barking. The same off-lead dog that runs across a busy road here, and who I've seen on more than one occasion running and barking at motorbikes. Owner on the phone didn't even acknowledge me! If I had his address I'd report him to the warden but I only know his work address!

Jazzy got wet when he was out in the early hours and decided to let me know by sitting on my head and tugging my hair at 4am. Am shattered this week. I forgot that I'd put a box with some cat nip Christmas presents on top of the fridge freezer, until I saw Felix sitting on the kitchen table looking up at the top of the fridge, ready to make a leap for it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭muddypaws

I freaked our postman out completely yesterday. A friend in Australia ordered some lighted (?) collars for the dogs, from a company in Canada as a surprise, a box arrived with Canadian flag stickers on, and what was in the box written on it, I think I actually screamed. The friend told the company all about the rescue, and the trek that we are doing in the UK, so they put 2 free collars in for us as well. These cost almost $50 canadian each, I am very impressed with them. Head-Lites is the company, and I shall sing their praises to everyone, we tried the collars out in the field last night, they're brilliant. http://www.head-lites.com/collections/manmat-head-lites

Oh I was only looking at those collars at the weekend!! Went for €10 ones from zooplus instead lol as it's just for the mornings. I'm using rog lites which are brilliant but still seem to loose sight of the dogs so decided to try the zooplus ones too.

I bumped into my friend's oh yesterday evening...well the dogs stopped in their tracks as we were walking because he was calling them from down the road - I'd my earphones in and didn't hear him lol!! He got some funny looks from people passing as he was petting them saying "my babies, my beautiful babies!!" to the dogs lol!! :pac:

• Advertisement

Must.Resist.Urge.To.Rub.Tobys.Tummy.:D He keeps rolling onto his back beside me and showing me his tummy and I really want to rub his tummy. Experience has shown that to be a bad idea though, since he really wants me to rub his tummy but he also kinda wants to bite me when I rub his tummy. I have never known a cat to spend as much time on his back with his paws in the air as he does.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement