Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well Lucy seems much better - had her walk yesterday evening then she barked at me when I was eating a piece of bread :p so tried her with a small amount of food and no problems. She was slow to get up this morning though - normally she's the first one up but when I went back upstairs to get her she'd dug up Bailey's bed and made a den for herself..out for a walk and small amount of food for breakfast and she went asleep in the crate instead of her usual spot on the couch so think she might just be a bit tired from yesterday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Felix has taken up permanent residence on Toby's armchair since we moved it into the living room, it's right next to a radiator, so poor Toby is spending most of his time in the kitchen on the sofa alone.:( I bought a big fleecy dog cushion in Dunnes yesterday to try to lure Felix onto it and he found it a couple of hours ago and is snoring away on it, so maybe Toby will get his chair back. Toby's currently zonked out on our bed, wish I was too, am achy and tired but can't have a snooze as waiting for a shower guy who may be here today or tomorrow.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

There is one decoration on the tree Cream is determined will be his. It's nothing special, just a small red stocking. In fact we have about 6 of them dotted around the tree, but he has a fixation on one of them. He's not going to stop trying to get it so I've moved it down lower to give us all an easier life. When I tried moving it to the top to stop him... it didn't stop him!

hehe my 2 coats have been delivered up to Parcel Motel in Antrim so hopefully get them this evening! They have better chest and neck cover than the old one of Bailey's I'm using a atm as a poo rolling shield for Lucy! I couldn't decide which one to get so got them both to try - hopefully one is ok and I can send the other back. They're fleecey ones so hopefully won't annoy her too much! :pac:

Forgot to post - a few weeks ago we heard that a neighbor's shed had been broken into the morning after Halloween. Bailey was out that morning for a wee and started going mad stranger danger barking - along with the neighbors dog!! I told him to shut up and brought him in(!) - ooops!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

So... I just got home with the tree...

Had to move the cat tree, so they were delighted as its now between two rads!

Left it in the downstairs bathroom to dry a little and will be opening the net and putting it up in a while...

We don't decorate for at least 24hrs normally, just so they can have an explore if they want.

• Advertisement

I remember we came home from shopping one day and the tree looked like somebody had grabbed it and shaken the guts out of it - all bent (an artificial one) and decorations all over the place - Doug the cat (RIP) had decided to climb it lol!! After that it went in the front room :p When he was a kitten he climbed it, got tangled in the lights and hissed at us when we tried to get him out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I'm dreading the tree this year in the new place. Last year jesse was only a wee kitten and she wrecked havoc on the tree, but at least there she could be locked out of the sitting room after knocking the tree down for the umpteenth time. This year she's an elephant and seems to have twice the energy, and upstairs is sort of open plan. I'v visions of seeing it rolling down the stairs with a bundle of black and white fur in the middle :rolleyes: I think I'm inheriting a 6ft tree this year so that's a whole extra foot of tree for her to climb compared to last year :D

Would it be very unfestive to just wrap green tinsel around her nearly 7ft cat tree and hang a few baubles off it? :D

Strangely enough Bunty never passed any heed of it, she just liked the peace and quiet of curling up underneath it :) Apart from her first christmas where she took a liking to the very lifelike robins and pulled them all off the tree, but that was our fault, silly hoomans putting birds within reach of a cat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

No tree for us this year, I know the cats and dogs will only destroy it :(:(:(

Thinking of hanging bobbles for the ceiling, but I'm having trouble sourcing reasonably priced sticky hooks.

Thinking of hanging bobbles for the ceiling, but I'm having trouble sourcing reasonably priced sticky hooks.

You never know, they might not destroy it. The novelty has worn off for our 4. Poppy usually sits under it for a bit each day like a sentinel waiting to pounce at the boys when they go into the living room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

You never know, they might not destroy it. The novelty has worn off for our 4. Poppy usually sits under it for a bit each day like a sentinel waiting to pounce at the boys when they go into the living room.

The dogs eat every bit of mail that comes through the door and pull all the cushions off the couch every day, Max has gone insanely playful and loves balls and has started climbing as well... and Cinnamons mad for climbing trees and last year Poppy chewed through the cable for the lights. I don't think it will be safe :P :o :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Noinin spends most of christmas in the tree and when i took it out last week she gaurded it and i couldnt decorate it for ages! Poor Bruce got s swipe when he went to investigate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My small artificial tree is in the car until after the last Christmas market ... I may then put it in the window here but in the room the critters are not allowed in. No light etc and just the hand made decorations left over.. I will though put up the Crib in that window. Far rather than a tree here

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Well, wee dog is in hiding. She got caught in the wind tunnel effect here in a deluge aiming for the house and took fright so is in the shed... poor thing, the weather up here is brutal today.. collie is not bothered by it

We had a chap in to replace the shower this morning and the cats were freaked out, well, Toby was grand, Felix wanted to murder the other 3 and Poppy and Jazzy took off out the cat flap in the hail.:rolleyes: All in all it was furry bodies under foot for an hour as they fled in different directions anytime the guy went up or came down the stairs. Am looking forward to having a shower that doesn't fluctuate between scalding hot and freezing cold later.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

...so, I'm getting a puppy! Yay!

...but only to mind for a week... Boo...!

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

We rehomed a (possibly pregnant) cat a couple of weeks ago. She has returned to us three times already, a nice couple of miles walk!!

She was locked in for a week, then returned once she was let out. After that she escaped once and ran past the owner out the door this morning & was back by lunchtime.

I think Crank has made her choice :pac:

wleZWpum.jpg

Possibly minding one or two dogs over the christmas. One of the dogs I know and have looked after before but I don't know the other one. How hard can a king charles be to look after, it's not like a king charles to flitter christmas decorations or anything would it? :p Agree with me here people :p

Kovu wrote: »
    We rehomed a (possibly pregnant) cat a couple of weeks ago. She has returned to us three times already, a nice couple of miles walk!!

She was locked in for a week, then returned once she was let out. After that she escaped once and ran past the owner out the door this morning & was back by lunchtime.

I think Crank has made her choice :pac:

wleZWpum.jpg

She's gorgeous, and clearly knows her own mind.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

She's gorgeous, and clearly knows her own mind.:D

I'd have no problem keeping her but she hates other cats. She will growl and hiss and spit at them and Kovu and Squeak were going round hunched up if she was outside. It's a hard one.

Sleep depervation + silly mango = very bad combination. I accidentally crated cream instead of Dude when I put them out to bed a few minutes ago. He was very cross. Took my mam pointing out the wrong cat was in the cage for me to notice. I was wondering why he was being so uncooperative, dude always just goes straight in :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Alli has always slept in her crate and moone in the dog basket on the outside because Alli likes to eat people's shoes, the legs of the kitchen table and pull apart the bin! Alli always went into her crate when told but the last few nights they've decided to switch, now when I say "into bed" moone insists on sleeping in the crate, I wouldn't mind but I don't trust Alli out of the crate at night!

Sleep depervation + silly mango = very bad combination. I accidentally crated cream instead of Dude when I put them out to bed a few minutes ago. He was very cross. Took my mam pointing out the wrong cat was in the cage for me to notice. I was wondering why he was being so uncooperative, dude always just goes straight in :D

:p

Zapperzy wrote: »

....that's not the first time I've been compared to that add. Oh god, what kind of vet nurse am I gonna be when I eventually get a job?!? :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DforDisaster

Went to see my soon-to-be puppy today. Don't know how I'm going to last until January 2nd - Ive made a big advent-style calendar!

....that's not the first time I've been compared to that add. Oh god, what kind of vet nurse am I gonna be when I eventually get a job?!? :eek: :eek:

Well I mistook inhalers for cats and ended up in the wrong industry altogether :D

Kovu wrote: »
    I'd have no problem keeping her but she hates other cats. She will growl and hiss and spit at them and Kovu and Squeak were going round hunched up if she was outside. It's a hard one.

Yeah, the girls can be very dominant. Poppy doesn't like the boys and tends to create a lot of friction, they tolerate her but aren't thrilled to have her around. I love her to bits but she is a total bitch to the 3 boys.

Free Christmas lunch today in the canteen and more celebrations for the rest of the afternoon. Is it sad that I hope I win a fleece in the raffle lol?! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Priced a Santa cape today in Maxi-Zoo for the pup while buying her some bits for Christmas. €9.99 :eek: She'll probably only tolerate it for one or two photos so that's a bit steep.

Anyone seen them around for less or would online be my only option?

I think Dealz has little cape/coats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

tk123 wrote: »
    I think Dealz has little cape/coats?

Brilliant - thank you! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement