Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Ooh, I really like your cabinet.:)

its my favourite piece of furniture, bought in the days when I had a job and disposable income!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

angeldaisy wrote: »
    its my favourite piece of furniture, bought in the days when I had a job and disposable income!!!

I remember those days too.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Had an early start at work this morning so I'm currently in bed because I want to have a quick nap. Four little shadows followed me up the stairs: Cinnamons sprawled out on my cardigan on the ottoman, Max is curled up against my stomach, Roisins tucked up behind my legs and Poppy put herself into Roisins crate. It's a tough life with these furbabies :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Sharp GSD puppy nails and teeth got my hand today. OUCH.

...still doesn't put me off wanting one. Wah.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Well zooplus came back and asked me to list what's unusable...which really is nothing!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

tk123 wrote: »
    Well zooplus came back and asked me to list what's unusable...which really is nothing!

Is the packaging from the treats not burst? How are you going to wrap them up for SS?! And did you not say that an SS toy smells now? If it's not perfect, I'd classify it as unusable for the purpose it was required, i.e. a gift :)

DBB wrote: »
    Is the packaging from the treats not burst? How are you going to wrap them up for SS?! And did you not say that an SS toy smells now? If it's not perfect, I'd classify it as unusable for the purpose it was required, i.e. a gift :)

I sellotaped the treats lol and toy does smell a bit of the dog treats...but it's for a dog so I don't think they'll mind! :p You're right though I'l get back go them - I've let it go every other time!

...I ordered a lamb yesterday (to eat not as a pet :pac:) and didn't ask the guy for bones or anything for the doggies....since I have loads of bones in the freezer and Bailey's not ready to eat them yet. Debating whether to text the guy and ask him to save me any scraps - to get my money's worth lol!

I do wish Toby would stop brawling with other cats. We're going to give the wound another clean and a dusting of the antibacterial wound powder before we go to bed, if there's no real improvement in the morning I'll take him to the vet tomorrow. It's looking quite raw and he's been very tired the last few days. I know we're not supposed to have favourites......but:o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

OMG I forgot what a temper Cinnamon has. She was on the Ottoman in the bedroom this morning I needed to get my jumper out of it so I picked her up and gave her a hug then popped her on the ground. That was grand and she wandered off then made it as far as the door and thought better of it, turned around, tail wagging walked up to me and hooked her paw around my leg and bit my shin :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: (thankfully it was through my pj pants so didn't break the skin but jeepers she can be a cranky little beast).

^^ :pac: that'll teach you! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Got no sleep last night so had a lie on til 1pm. When I got up there were two pees on the floor and a little poo :o

Not only that but some cheeky brat lifted his leg on my wine cabinet!!

My husband had let the boys out for the toilet at 8am before work So they were alone for 5 hours. He didn't watch them though and I bet what happened is Phoe went into the kennel instead of getting his delicate little paws wet.

Looks like I'll have to go back to crating him when he's not supervised. To be fair his routine is all out of whack and will only get worse for a while- poor confused boy.

It's just one of those days I think!! I had a nail in my tyre this morning and a bunch of broken stuff waiting for me in work when I got in. On the plus side I got my last SS present after leaving the tyre in to be sorted at lunchtime and I got my delivery from One4All - customized cards with my bah-humbug photo of the dogs from last year haha :D

330221.JPG

Whispered wrote: »
    Got no sleep last night so had a lie on til 1pm. When I got up there were two pees on the floor and a little poo :o

Not only that but some cheeky brat lifted his leg on my wine cabinet!!

My husband had let the boys out for the toilet at 8am before work So they were alone for 5 hours. He didn't watch them though and I bet what happened is Phoe went into the kennel instead of getting his delicate little paws wet.

Looks like I'll have to go back to crating him when he's not supervised. To be fair his routine is all out of whack and will only get worse for a while- poor confused boy.

I hear ya, I got very little sleep the past few nights and came down to find someone, probably Poppy, had bolt eaten breakfast and thrown it up on top of the chest freezer. Then I had to get all sneaky in order to nab Toby and get him in the carrier for the vet. Astonishes me that the other 3 push him around here and yet he's clearly brawling with cats in other neighbourhoods in order to have yet another abcess. This is why we can't have nice things.:D:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Peach and Dude were cuddled up in their bed together, I was just thinking aww sweet they finally love each other! Then I look a bit closer... He has pooped on her. Meaning I'm going to have to attempt washing her because its really stuck in...

Dear friends on boards, its been a good run, but this may be the last thing I ever get to post. :O wish me luck!!

LOL! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Dear friends on boards, its been a good run, but this may be the last thing I ever get to post. :O wish me luck!!

Use a Luke warm wet towel to scrub it out rather than having to wash her completely, also wear layers... Lots of layers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

and chainmail gloves :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

I've returned relatively unscathed, got most of it out with wipes thank god! Was having visions of having to throw her into the shows, close the door and run for my life :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Reminds me of when Bunty was a kitten, about a month after we got her for some strange reason myself and mum decided she needed a bath. Stuck her in the kitchen sink, course she jumped out sopping wet like a drowned rat and ran straight under the christmas tree, lights and plug sockets and all. If she escaped death then we thought we'd killed her afterwards when she looked miserable and depressed sitting in front of the radiator for the rest of the night shivering. Poor cat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Anyone else's kitty do this? :)

My 6 month old kitten Patch every now and then stares up at myself, and if I stare right back at him, open my mouth wide at him, he does the same thing back to me! Multiple times sometimes! Never seen anything like it before! Very cute! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

I've returned relatively unscathed, got most of it out with wipes thank god! Was having visions of having to throw her into the shows, close the door and run for my life :D

And I thought it was bad having to wash a Jack Russell :D:D

Well done on your lucky escape SMX

Sam Mac wrote: »

My 6 month old kitten Patch every now and then stares up at myself, and if I stare right back at him, open my mouth wide at him, he does the same thing back to me! Multiple times sometimes! Never seen anything like it before! Very cute! :D

Yep, our 4 do this, it's so cute.:) Try doing the 'cat I love you', which is a very slow blink at your cat until they return the gesture.

For some reason Toby vanishes across the road to a different estate for a while every night, he's somewhere within earshot as our signal for him to let him know the door is open is to cough. Mad I know but better than shouting his name late at night and annoying the neighbours. He still won't come in the cat flap at night for some reason:confused: He's happy to use it in the morning when it's dark and during the day.

Anyways the neighbours must think I'm nuts out late at night coughing to get him to come in out of the cold after being to the vet yesterday. His wound is looking so much better. I couldn't believe the junk that came out of it. Our new vet is great with cats, she settles them very quickly and is patient with them. I still miss our old vet, you build up a relationship of trust with your vet over the years, especially with a recurrent problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I was gathering in the washing that took off last night when I saw my big long haired cat metamorphose before my eyes from the tame and lovable pet he is to the wild creature within him.. He slunk through the fence into the field, eyes everywhere with a chilling cry every few seconds, then dug a great hole, tearing grass out, for his toilet.

I quietly left him to his other life as he stalked off outlined against sky and mountains, tasting the air

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

Don't read if you're eating! .... Vogue, my smallest cat and the one who is praised by everyone as being the cleanest and sweetest pet we have , wanted to get come in this morning so I let her in, less than two minutes later she ran under my bed and had massive diarrhoea :mad: I had to pull out the bed and mattress to get in to clean it up. Thought i was going to vomit with the smell! Now she's sitting outside my room wanting to go in again, don't think so!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭xmasking

my cat got tangled in a christmas hat today. so cute.

Every time I get up to go to the loo during the night I get raced back to bed by the cats. They seem to take it in turns.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭xmasking

Sam Mac wrote: »

Yes! I had a kitten who did that. He now likes to play with Christmas decorations. So cute.

Last Christmas was Toby's first one with us and he was afraid of the tree, he's a lot more settled now, so I'm curious to see how he'll react to it when we put it up this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I'm not able to get the dogs out for a walk during the day at the moment so they have been making do with a run in the evening when my husband gets in from work.

It just so happened that today he got back for lunch for half an hour and he brought them out for literally 5 mins. A quick spin to the field, two throws of the ball and home.

Well the two of them are sleeping and snoring like they had the workout to end all workouts!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement