Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Oh no Raminahobbin :(

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Oh, sorry to hear that. But I have no doubt she's going to have the best summer ever being spoilt rotten! Create lots of wonderful memories and take loads of photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

SO sorry to hear that Raminahobbin. HOPEFULLY you will have a lot of time before it come back. Enjoy every minute of your summer with her. There was a pointer somewhere to a 'bucket list' that someone did for her dog (Henry?) in similar circumstances, that was lovely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Thanks guys. I've been kinda optimistic about the whole thing so far, so this news has knocked me a bit today, I must admit.

I like the bucket list idea aonb, thanks :) I'll definitely have to make her one of those and just do ALL the things with her.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

So sorry to hear that. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I am so so sorry about poor dog Raminahobbin. The bucket list sounds like a fantastic idea. At least you have the time to make every minute count, small comfort I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭Layinghen

So so sorry Raminahobbin. Take good care of yourself as well as your precious dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

That's very upsetting Raminahobbin, but at least she's ok for now, she can enjoy her life to the full for the next while.

At bed time Toby usually comes to the loo with me for a drink from the tap in the sink. The last couple of nights he's decided that he wants to sit on my lap on the loo first. It's the only time he sits on laps and I'm working on him, there's a cuddle loving lap snuggler in there somewhere and I'm going to find it, if it's the last thing I do. No privacy at all in our house:D

Whispered wrote: »
    We might regret this laziness tomorrow :)

Laziness regretted. Blow up bed doesn't blow up and I hadn't brought mats so we were in sleeping bags on the tent floor. No comfort there at all. And the rain was baaaaad so we had a puddle in the tent.

Otherwise we had a great time. Beach was empty and the dogs were both so well behaved. They're snoring now on the sofa :)

• Advertisement

Oh I bit my tongue off earlier in the park. Dog pulled towards Lucy and was shouted at and shook by the owner. He's a failed guide dog and they have another pup in training - what excellent handlers... NOT :mad:

In happier news Bailey and Lucy are happy and exhausted after their stay in Beabeg! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

When I got home the other day Alli got really excited and managed to run into the side of the fridge :pac: .. She now has a lovely shiny scar just above her eye. I didn't know whether to laugh, cry or give her a hug so I did all three haha:P

My husband took Poppy to the vet earlier, Jesus she's a nightmare to get in her carrier. We both got shredded and she peed on us getting her into the carrier. She's hiding out upstairs now. She absolutely freaks out when we try to get her in the carrier. I think she panics thinking we're going to dump her somewhere:(

I really have to stop looking at photos of pound puppies. There was a gorgeous little collie x I saw this morning. I could have just eaten her up with a spoon she was that gorgeous(metaphorically speaking). I love the Collie X's and if we ever did get a dog it'd have to be a pup with the 4 cats we have.

I'd love a dog but it isn't practical at the moment and my husband isn't really a dog person:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

I'd love a dog but it isn't practical at the moment and my husband isn't really a dog person:(

My boyfriend didn't like cats at all until he met my two and he loves them :) bet if you showed up with a cute little collie puppy it would change his mind :D

Alli and moone refused to come inside today when the rain was really heavy, the two little brats were digging and messing in the puddles! I didn't have the heart to tell them to stop they were enjoying themselves so much :o their both asleep on the sofa now after having showers, I've never seen so much black dirt come off dogs!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

My mum called to me this morning that Teddy was acting strangely in the back garden. I went out to find he had caught and killed the biggest rat I have ever seen! He was standing over it sniffing and licking at it, I almost puked disposing of it.

My mum called to me this morning that Teddy was acting strangely in the back garden. I went out to find he had caught and killed the biggest rat I have ever seen! He was standing over it sniffing and licking at it, I almost puked disposing of it.

There's a raw feeding FB group I joined by accident - they'd feed that rat to a dog :eek: Amongst other things like road kill, cutting foetuses out of road kill etc etc etc PUKE PUKE PUKE... Kind of like car crash TV - I want to leave it but it gets madder and madder!

SingItOut wrote: »
    My boyfriend didn't like cats at all until he met my two and he loves them :) bet if you showed up with a cute little collie puppy it would change his mind :D

Alli and moone refused to come inside today when the rain was really heavy, the two little brats were digging and messing in the puddles! I didn't have the heart to tell them to stop they were enjoying themselves so much :o their both asleep on the sofa now after having showers, I've never seen so much black dirt come off dogs!!!
    I'd never do that to him. Getting a dog is a huge commitment and it's not for everyone. If I was ill he'd have to walk it and look after it and I just wouldn't feel right about lumbering him with a dog he didn't want. Pups need a lot of attention and training and are a lot more work than people realise. We'd both have to be prepared to commit to all of that. Maybe one day. For now we'll focus on the 4 cats:)

The Zooplus order arrived today thankfully. We ran out a few days ago and they wouldn't eat the supermarket stuff, just licked the jelly off it. The only thing is that 8 of the cans are dented:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Going a wee bit crazy with Dude lately, he is constantly leaking diarrhoea, it just squirts out of him. We have to limit him to one room in the house till we get him sorted. It's terrible for him, his little bum is red raw even though he's getting washed and having cream put on it every day. When I come down in the mornings I can see that he tried to use his tray but it's all just all over the place. To me it looks as though maybe he could have an impaction or something like that and this is just overflow cos nothing will pass because there's no form to it whatsoever it's just water. I've been giving him salmon oil and defurrum paste in the hope it could break down whatever isn't passing and he did pass one solid with loads of grass in it but he's back the same again now. I'll have to spend my one day off this week bringing him to the vets again! But he's worth it :) my mam is tempted to put a little cork up his bum though! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

The Zooplus order arrived today thankfully. We ran out a few days ago and they wouldn't eat the supermarket stuff, just licked the jelly off it. The only thing is that 8 of the cans are dented:mad:

I had the same problem a few weeks ago, emailed them and they asked me to send a few pictures and an exact list of damaged items, they refunded me the exact amount within a week. Very easy to deal with.
    Going a wee bit crazy with Dude lately, he is constantly leaking diarrhoea, it just squirts out of him. We have to limit him to one room in the house till we get him sorted. It's terrible for him, his little bum is red raw even though he's getting washed and having cream put on it every day. When I come down in the mornings I can see that he tried to use his tray but it's all just all over the place. To me it looks as though maybe he could have an impaction or something like that and this is just overflow cos nothing will pass because there's no form to it whatsoever it's just water. I've been giving him salmon oil and defurrum paste in the hope it could break down whatever isn't passing and he did pass one solid with loads of grass in it but he's back the same again now. I'll have to spend my one day off this week bringing him to the vets again! But he's worth it :) my mam is tempted to put a little cork up his bum though! :pac:

Hopefully you and dude get sorted soon, you deserve a medal for all you've done for him :D
    Did they ever do an x-ray of his abdomen? Somebody I knew has a cat that was hit by a car and broke her pelvis, memorys a bit hazzy but she ended up with megacolon as a result of the injury. I think that cat had severe constipation as opposed to diarrhoea though, that's my only experience with it though. Vets kept pushing a high fibre diet but from my research of it at the time I think the opposite high quality low fibre diet was prefered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

They did an X-ray the day of th injury, chest, abdo, pelvis and tail and couldn't find anything except for a break in the tail! I'm just so worried about megacolon, as strange as it sounds diarrhoea like this can actually be a symptom of constipation because it's just what manages to squeeze around if you get what I mean? He's in great form otherwise though, but I may suggest a follow up X-ray when we go in on Thursday, he's so quiet he won't need to be sedated so hopefully they will be able to do one there and then! I think the point of the high fiber diet is to keep their stools soft so they don't get impacted, but I'd be more of the line with a high quality diet being better!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

They did an X-ray the day of th injury, chest, abdo, pelvis and tail and couldn't find anything except for a break in the tail! I'm just so worried about megacolon, as strange as it sounds diarrhoea like this can actually be a symptom of constipation because it's just what manages to squeeze around if you get what I mean? He's in great form otherwise though, but I may suggest a follow up X-ray when we go in on Thursday, he's so quiet he won't need to be sedated so hopefully they will be able to do one there and then! I think the point of the high fiber diet is to keep their stools soft so they don't get impacted, but I'd be more of the line with a high quality diet being better!

If you get to the bottom of it at least you'd know what your dealing with and can begin treating it appropriately, it would be a light at the end of the tunnel at least when you know what direction to go in. I would definitely consider an abdominal x ray, maybe barium too? From what I remember the idea was to keep the stool small instead of the normal treatment of bulking it up for constipation?

I've got to take Toby to the vet tomorrow. Hope he hasn't got another uti. I thought he's been a bit out of sorts since Sunday, then yesterday he started doing his random meowing indoors and outdoors. He's been asleep all day and isn't really eating much today. He won't use a litter tray but I've noticed him squatting in the garden tonight and not going.

He's sprayed a couple of times tonight but there's no blood in it. I wiped it with a tissue and checked. Felix has been asleep all day now he's loads of energy to stalk the others:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

I'm in the opposite position...would love a cat, but the three monkeys wouldn't be accepting (the terrier boy in particular, the others might be ok). The OH loves cats as well as dogs though. My parents have a cat now, that decided to move in to their place. She lives in the granny flat where I stay when I visit, as they can't have her inside with the dogs. The door is open for her in the day, and she's closed in overnight. I'm out visiting at the moment and it's been great to have some cat time!

My husband wasn't a dog person at all. Both of ours were fosters who we decided we couldn't let go. He's a "our dog" person now. They're best of buddies.

:mad: My neighbours have oil central heating and when the oil runs low you get a smell by the fence in our garden... I assumed that's what I could smell this morning until Lucy was in the river and I realised there was diesel/fuel in it!! :mad: scrubbed her when I got home but she drank some of the river water!

Not looking forward to getting Toby into his carrier in a bit. He's tried to do a runner the last few times. He gets very stressed at the vets. He seems very lethargic, might just be the heat though. I did Jazzys advocate drops the other night, he's a nightmare and I have to be really devious to get them done.

He has to get his first as if he smells them on one of the others he won't let you touch him for ages and is really suspicious. So I have to use the cap from one tube to pierce the seal then switch the cap so that there's no smell on it. Then I have to carry it around in my pocket waiting for him to be distracted enough to get them on him. You only get one shot at it with him.

I used to use an oral one and my cat never realised! ;) mmwaahahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

tk123 wrote: »
    cutting foetuses out of road kill !

Jesus Mary and Holy St Anthony!!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement