Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

That sounds like my ideal job :D

I wonder if I could sneak a few cats out in my handbag!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

sparkle_23 wrote: »
    I wonder if I could sneak a few cats out in my handbag!:D

Just grab me one or two, I'm not fussy :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Good jesus, I definitely need to chillout. I'm furious :mad::mad::mad: I found a beautiful dog a few months ago and it was 4 days before the owner managed to contact the pound (who had my details) to get her back. No collar no chip. I was contacted again last night by someone else who found my details online. She was out wandering .....again!!!

I was perfectly pleasant to the owner the last time explaining that she should have an ID tag and microchip etc etc. I was faaaaar from pleasant this time. She had the gall to ring me and say she was ringing the guards....wait for it.....because of "harrassment". I.swear.to.god...people drive me crazy. She had no concept that she was breaking the law and had the cheek to say "dogs escape, I cant help it". Grrrrr.....aaaand breathe :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

anniehoo wrote: »
    Good jesus, I definitely need to chillout. I'm furious :mad::mad::mad: I found a beautiful dog a few months ago and it was 4 days before the owner managed to contact the pound (who had my details) to get her back. No collar no chip. I was contacted again last night by someone else who found my details online. She was out wandering .....again!!!

I was perfectly pleasant to the owner the last time explaining that she should have an ID tag and microchip etc etc. I was faaaaar from pleasant this time. She had the gall to ring me and say she was ringing the guards....wait for it.....because of "harrassment". I.swear.to.god...people drive me crazy. She had no concept that she was breaking the law and had the cheek to say "dogs escape, I cant help it". Grrrrr.....aaaand breathe :mad::mad:

I hear ya.

There was a dog that kept wandering close to me, I was so sick of bringing him back to his owners who really didn't give a damn. (I posted on here about him before) Then one day he was picked up by somebody else and brought to the local vets. They rang the local rescue who rang me (as I had spoken to a few of the rescue people about him) and got the owners number. They said that the warden was there and was going to take him to the pound as he had no ID, chip, nothing. They came up immediately and the vet persuaded them to get the dog chipped and told them that at the very least he needed an ID tag to be within the law. And it's not as if they weren't aware of the law, I had told them enough times and as it turns out, the vet receptionist knew the owner - he's a sergeant in her local garda station:rolleyes:.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Animal odd couples is on bbc 1 (sky channel 101) at the moment. Scenes of polar bears and lion cubs playing with dogs :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭angelfire9

I am getting extremely broody for a new kitten, I was offered a pedigree bengal at the weekend by one of my Mam's friends but she said no :( So I've sent around a load of messages to different charities on facebook to let them know if they ever need help bottle feeding kittens to let me know.. that might get me over my broodiness!!

You can have one of my three fosters anytime! And you don't even need to travel :D

Mothercat nursing newborn kittens and ducklings, I'v just exploded with overdose of cuteness :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

angelfire9 wrote: »
    You can have one of my three fosters anytime! And you don't even need to travel :D

Don't tempt me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

anniehoo wrote: »

People like this make me INSANE. Why do they have a dog when they dont care enough about it to keep it from straying.
    You might as well be talking to her poor dog as this woman with her attitude!
    I found 2 dogs straying together in dublin city recently - one had a post-op cone on forgodsake - turns out they escaped from the garden of a lady who 'owns' a rescue - and she said exactly that to me - "I have a big garden, I cant help it if they escape" - as you say bbbrrreeeaaattthhheeee!
    (Pity animals cant get to choose their owners)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I met two glen of Imaal puppies today, and their bigger half brother, they were so cute, unfortunately had my fools with me, all bounce and wanting to play(even though on lead) and puppies were bit jumpy.
    Big brother was a handsome brute too, didn't realise how big they are.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭tk123

So I need smaller kong(s) for the training we'll be doing with Bailey - that means I'll have 4 x XXL (when he was on crate we'd have 2 on the go and 2 in the dishwasher), 2 x puppy and now at least 1 XL :eek:... (The XXL ones won't hold a treat the way I want it too to keep him busy while we practice leaving! ) AND they're :mad: €11 on vetuk and €20+ here!

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭nala2012

Found a lovely little springer running around outside work yesterday. I grabbed her and called number on her collar. Lovely old lady arrived few minutes later and collected her. She'd only been missing half hour. She was so happy I'd taken the time to call she offered me money and to go in and tell my boss it was her fault i was late for work! I always call number when i see dogs on their own because i hope someone else would do the same if it was my dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

mymo wrote: »
    I met two glen of Imaal puppies today, and their bigger half brother, they were so cute, unfortunately had my fools with me, all bounce and wanting to play(even though on lead) and puppies were bit jumpy.
    Big brother was a handsome brute too, didn't realise how big they are.

I ADORE Glen of Imaals - like you didnt realize how big they get - dont see many around, the last one I met was just to die for. Wonder what their temperament is like generally.
    Isnt it the pits when you have your fool dogs on a leash, and meet someone with a lovely dog you would like to stop and chat with, but with fool dogs on the leash acting like total gurriers, you have to move on :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My bitch is a nervous woofer, not proper barking, just a quiet woof, and the dog...well I'm still waiting for him to grow out of the bouncy puppy phase (he's 5 and a half now), the big chap was very friendly but a barker, had such a cute face, and really waggy tail, the pups were quiet, but they were very young still.

I have a large dog coming down my lane and leaving a deposit outside my house or in my neighbours garden for a while now, today I bagged the deposit and tied it to his collar.
    Do you think owners will get the message? No idea who he belongs too, but he was friendly and stood still for a digestive biscuit, no tags, but nice collar.

I'm getting really annoyed with my dad trying to convince me every time that I'm sick it's because of the cats. Whats wrong with me now looks nothing even remotely like cat allergies. The only thing remotely related to animals that the symptoms vaguely resemble is cat scratch fever but the chances of that are so small it's not even likely, as so many other things have the same symptoms. It just annoys me so much that people immediately jump to illness being caused by animals. Even when I was in hospital last year with my asthma the doctor had the cheek to tell me to get rid if the cats. I had been in college for the 2 weeks I was sick, no where near animals, and yet they still got the blame. Nothing was even mentioned about the extreme mold infestation in my apartment that I told them about. If animals were an asthma trigger for me I think I would have figured it out years ago.. and career wise I would be screwed!

Anyway that's enough of my ranting :P

Ha! I had the same thing! GP was adamant I was allergic to Bailey - knew I wasn't and the consultant I was referred to said the GP was an idiot lol! :p I was allergic to the cat thou - when he rubbed his head off my face I'd break out in a rash but let him so it anyways!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

SMX I am totally allergic to cats and rabbits, and so is the head VN at our place! :D

boomerang wrote: »
    SMX I am totally allergic to cats and rabbits, and so is the head VN at our place! :D

Haha that's amazing, how do ye manage?!

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

Haha that's amazing, how do ye manage?!

Anytime I'm sick straight away my parents are like "oh it's the cats you shouldn't have them inside!" I have a bit of a cold now and I was on Skype to mam & she was like "it's from havin that cat in the apartment" em no it's my first canadian winter & it's -10 outside!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Plenty of tissues and anti-histamines!

It cracks people up that I work in cat rescue/TNR and I'm totally allergic. :D Rabbits are even worse, though!

A vet friend of mine developed a serious allergy to pet hair/dander *after* qualifying and when he was already in practice. :( He works as an equine vet now as at least it's outdoors so he can cope. He and his wife (also a vet) can't have any pets though - it's that severe.

• Advertisement

boomerang wrote: »
    Plenty of tissues and anti-histamines!

It cracks people up that I work in cat rescue/TNR and I'm totally allergic. :D Rabbits are even worse, though!

That's what I was thinking! I know of a VN who was in my last placement who would take an antihistamine whenever she saw a cat on the board for the day, but when she got pregnant her allergy totally disappeared!

I have a veeeery mild allergy to dude, well specifically his drool. If he's been suckling on the neck of my Tshirt/jumper and my chin touches of it, not only is it very yucky but I also get bumpy skin for about a week after, thankfully he prefers fleese blankets to my clothes :D

If anyone had told me before I got a semi long haired cat how much time I would spend washing her arse I think I would have reconsidered getting another cat :p

:eek: my Zooplus order..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

If anyone had told me before I got a semi long haired cat how much time I would spend washing her arse I think I would have reconsidered getting another cat :p
    Tell me about it, Felix has thick fur around his bottom and I'd to buy a surgical scissors this morning to cut the fur off, as he's got some dried on poop there that he was hiding. He hates us going anywhere near his rear end so it's a 2 person job. Not looking forward to that later today:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

Max seems to have separation anxiety which makes me wonder if maybe he was dumped/abandoned before he arrived on our doorstep.
    He absolutely hates being alone, at night time Poppy has her crate in our room, which is upstairs, and Cinnamon usually sleeps upstairs too, which leaves Max downstairs.. he's not too confident being upstairs often and he howls the house down once we're all gone.
    We also were away for a night (afternoon till early the next morning) and we came home to find he had wee'd on our bed (all over my side).
    Going to invest in some feliway next payday but I'm not really too sure for what to do other than that :/
    Toby was the very same for the first few months but he's much calmer now. The Feliway makes a big difference, we've to order some more this week. I check neutrecare, vetuk and there's a 3rd one that I can't think of, as they're the cheapest I've come across for Feliway. I hate not being able to use my own laptop, everythings bookmarked on that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

Going to be hearing the pitter patter of four lititle furry feet on Sunday- collecting a new kitten.
    I kind of feel like I'm replacing or cheating on my darling Ratrat, but people have been pushing me to get a new cat. I know Lola would like the company too. It's strange- I'm so conflicted about the whole thing.

The bf is broody for another kitty. This will not end well!:pac:

The bf is broody for another kitty. This will not end well!:pac:

Good catch I wouldn't complain :p

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Good catch I wouldn't complain :p

He keeps asking is owning 3 cats absolutely mental all the while looking up kittys in need of a new home :D

• Advertisement

He keeps asking is owning 3 cats absolutely mental all the while looking up kittys in need of a new home :D

Hold on to him :D I converted mine from cat-neutral to sleeping with a kitten on his head every night, maybe when she's grown up I'l start showing him pictures of homeless kittens in the hope of stiring up some kitten broodiness :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement