Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Chillout Zone (Off-Topic Thread)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Just back from a lovely long walk in the rain, love it! I'm the same zapperzy just can't decide. Must try and get one of Oz and lex licking the heads off each other later for the duo section :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Am I allowed post 3 photos as well as a video for class 15? :confused:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Am I allowed post 3 photos as well as a video for class 15? :confused:

Yes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

*yawn* Daisy decided a short while ago ''I gotta go now!'' so up I get, turn off alarm, let her out. It's horrible out, I'm half asleep and forgot my glasses. Eventually she comes back, I dry her off, and she runs straight into the kitchen to her food press, doing her ''but it's time for a lil something dance'' (which is twirling, pointing at the food with her nose & tap dancing her front paws)
    I'm like -it's after 3am! She doesn't care, so I give her a few bits of kibble. Upstairs she runs, bounces up the bedsteps near landing on Lily. Then bounces off the bed and pounces the basket, digging before running back to the bed.

Found her spot, curled up, now out for the count. And I'm left wide awake! you have to laugh they're a bit mad sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

[QUOTE=star-pants;74235494
    Found her spot, curled up, now out for the count. And I'm left wide awake! you have to laugh they're a bit mad sometimes[/QUOTE]

I'd be poking her awake every few mins until your own tiredness kicks in again.

• Advertisement

Whispered wrote: »
    I'd be poking her awake every few mins until your own tiredness kicks in again.

Ha yeah, if I kept her awake I'd have to play with her.
    I just did my 'oh sorry am I disturbing you?' this morning getting up for work :)

You know your life is controlled by a cat when you don't want to get up off the chair because you have a cat stuck to your knee and you don't want to disturb her, anyways everytime I move I get dagger eyes and claws stuck into my legs. I'l have to get up to go to the loo soon. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

You know your life is controlled by a cat when you don't want to get up off the chair because you have a cat stuck to your knee and you don't want to disturb her, anyways everytime I move I get dagger eyes and claws stuck into my legs. I'l have to get up to go to the loo soon. :rolleyes:

Well you could pee on the cat .............I'll get my coat :D

Btw did you put Mr Beans head on your body ?

Discodog wrote: »
    Well you could pee on the cat .............I'll get my coat :D

Btw did you put Mr Beans head on your body ?

That's me take it or leave it! :p I mean face and all!

That's me take it or leave it! :p I mean face and all!

Well with that body & your mind I'll take it :D

• Advertisement

star-pants wrote: »
    *yawn* Daisy decided a short while ago ''I gotta go now!'' so up I get, turn off alarm, let her out.

I decide to have a lay in & all three of mine happily sleep till 11am :D

I decide to have a lay in & all three of mine happily sleep till 11am :D

Oh they'll sleep in til 11 (then it's 'elevenses' time) - they make sure that I know how cosy and comfortable they are when I'm getting ready for work!

Anyone know a English version or similiar of boards? My sister has been quoted £170 to get her dog spayed and looking for alternative vets but she doesn't want to just pick out of a phone book. Or is that the price in England?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

TillyGirl wrote: »
    Anyone know a English version or similiar of boards? My sister has been quoted £170 to get her dog spayed and looking for alternative vets but she doesn't want to just pick out of a phone book. Or is that the price in England?

How big is the dog? It cost me 140euro to have a 40kg male dog neutered

Shanao wrote: »
    How big is the dog? It cost me 140euro to have a 40kg male dog neutered

4kg! I paid €120 for similiar size dog here.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shanao

Right, that seems to be way too much for a 4kg dog. I'd say she'd be best ringing a few vets and see who's the cheapest.

Well with that body & your mind I'll take it :D

Ah shukes thanks DD! :p

Try here http://www.petforums.co.uk/

Anyone know what date the Pet Expo is on this year? Anyone going?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

8th and 9th of October ;)

Thanks AJ, I know I could have found it on google but can't get online very well on my phone. Are you going?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

As its the 8th/9th October I'm hoping to be in the UK at a sleddog rally. Not sure i would have gone to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Anyone see the documentary on the Bin Laden killing the other night? I never heard it mentioned at the time but they sent in a malinois with the strike team. The dog had a helmet and body armour on! Had never heard of this before, maybe its a first?

It really does seem like the malinois is taking over from the GSD.

Yes I saw it. I guess that the GSD is just too prone to health problems. The show fraternity have ruined it.

UK Vet prices are higher than here but we are catching up. I am convinced that the popularity of pet insurance has resulted in higher prices. What area is she in ?

Are you going?

Not sure yet, I'll need a drastic change of motor-vehicle as the one I have will likely not make it all the way :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Ok, so I thought back to school time would be less work, I now have a sick child and the two dogs have a cold.
    I'm surrounded in snot and paranoid i'll be next!

Oh and if its not a spider in the bedroom every night its a crane fly, so screams before bed too (from daughter not me), very relaxing September so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

mymo wrote: »
    Oh and if its not a spider in the bedroom every night its a crane fly, so screams before bed too (from daughter not me), very relaxing September so far!

See that's when I miss my cat - he knew I was afraid of flying things and would take care of them for me! That said the doggy has realized I don't like months in the last few months and has been trying to catch them in his mouth - sadly he's no as nimble as the cat lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

TK123, I have two cats, one is a cuddler not a killer, the other is a killer and does his best, but can't fly:( Although he has a damn good try, and he likes to play with what he catches, daughter freaks out at this as he has recently dropped a live spider in her lap as a prezzie:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Troublemaker in the house;

Can we clarify the new "No talk of rescues" rule? I had a look at the charter, but couldn't find it. Maybe I'm blind, if you make it red, size 50 font and bold, I might see it :D

I just want to know what the nature of it is, in what context can they be named or not be named, etc etc :)

• Advertisement

Just PM'd you the info as posting it here is now strictly against the rules :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement