Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does your name say about your parents?

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Luxie

Whispered wrote: »
    This did not really happen to your brother, did it?

If so, huge coincidence that it also happened on a recent reality tv programme!!

I always find True Story at the end of the story means it's not in fact a true story.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,452 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Luxie wrote: »
    Gay Byrne's middle name is Mary.

Fact.

"Gay Mary"

Cruelest parents ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Lightshow

My real name, Moonbeam, clearly marks my parents out as severe right-wing war-mongering holocaust deniers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Mine shows that they are too lazy to get past the first name

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭nibtrix

rebel10 wrote: »
    I know a little boy called Talent!

I know a kid called Precious. It's a boy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

When my big sister was born, they had two name possibilities, and chose one. Then I came along three years later, and got her leftovers. :eek: So they liked her name better. And we're in our 30s and she STILL lords it over me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Whispered wrote: »
    This did not really happen to your brother, did it?

If so, huge coincidence that it also happened on a recent reality tv programme!!

It did yeah. And he worked in England between 87-90, so obviously the story got around and other people are nicking it. What reality show btw? He'd get a buzz out of knowing he's (sorta) famous.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

Dudess wrote: »
    Guys, you're more on the right track now, but still nobody's got it! :D

It's Mary, innit? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Mine were just lazy. My father is Sean so i am named John!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

It did yeah. And he worked in England between 87-90, so obviously the story got around and other people are nicking it. What reality show btw? He'd get a buzz out of knowing he's (sorta) famous.

It was celeb come dine with me, Donal McIntyre was on it, the girl in the car was calling him Donald, someone corrected her and said it was Donal, like donald without the D, and she replied "what.... Onald?"

I can't find the video link, but if you go down to the comments at the end, someone else is talking about it. (6th comment)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/feb/01/jan-leeming-come-dine-with-me

Yep, working nights means I watch the worst crap on tv!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Apparently i came very close to being called Blaise.

As it happens i ended up with something quite normal. (Ogden?)

Advertisement