Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Do you honestly think Rammstein can sell anywhere near 80,000 tickets for Dublin ?
    They'd do very well to sell out the RDS .

Not in a lifetime.
    But as I said, if there were not other shows in mainland uk, there could be a bigger turnout than just the Irish audience.
    Ash wrote:
    And it was *****, yes?
    No I had a smashing time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Have you forgotten the whole Garth Brooks controversy? If the residents were against that (much bigger chance of them being GB fans) then you can bet your life they'd be against Rammstein playing there and setting their homes alight :D

Imagine the Garda helicopter pictures of them playing Croke Park!

Delighted that we have another shot at seeing them in the Olympiastadion in Berlin. It's been on my bucket list to see them in Berlin for a very, very long time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

The genre of the artist is not something the residents care about, it's the volume of concerts. The days of people being scared of rock fans is long long (if it ever existed). The residents around Croke Park would much prefer 1 gig by a satanic heavy metal band instead of 4 gigs by a squeaky clean boy band.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Personally and I'm sure another one or two would happily see them in both Belfast and Dublin, so I'm not opposed such happenings.

Anyone any idea of prices?

I'm being lumped with the honour of purchasing the tickets :o

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

They wouldn't have to sell 80,000 tickets. Let's not forget that the way the stage is it takes up a lot of room and there wouldn't be anyone in the stands either side of it.

Still far too big for the crowd Rammstein will attract.

Stadium-wise Pairc Ui Chaoimh would be better, but still a big stretch at 45,000 but Thomond Park in Limerick would be perfect at 25,000 capacity.

All academic though, there is absolutely no chance of a second date on this island when countries the size of France are only getting one show. Zurich is obviously special for some reason as they get two shows!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

You know croke park is rented?

Yeah but they still wouldn't have to sell the seating/"standing" areas to either side of the stage.
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    Imagine the Garda helicopter pictures of them playing Croke Park!

The helicopter would be melted! It would be like in the show Chernobyl when the helicopter flies over the reactor :pac:
    Zwillinge wrote: »
    Anyone any idea of prices?

I'm being lumped with the honour of purchasing the tickets :o

From what I've read tickets might be around €105 + Fees

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yeah but they still wouldn't have to sell the seating/"standing" areas to either side of the stage.

The helicopter would be melted! It would be like in the show Chernobyl when the helicopter flies over the reactor :pac:

:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

Still far too big for the crowd Rammstein will attract.

Stadium-wise Pairc Ui Chaoimh would be better, but still a big stretch at 45,000 but Thomond Park in Limerick would be perfect at 25,000 capacity.

All academic though, there is absolutely no chance of a second date on this island when countries the size of France are only getting one show. Zurich is obviously special for some reason as they get two shows!

Zurich is a bit of a hub for surrounding countries too. The Germans/French would have no issue driving. (3.5 hours from Munich to Zurich)

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

ouch! they were about 95 euro in Copenhagen.

Metallica in Slane was around that too.

I'm not fully sure of the price, don't take my word for it. I think they were around €60 when they played in the O2 in 2012.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Zurich is a bit of a hub for surrounding countries too. The Germans/French would have no issue driving. (3.5 hours from Munich to Zurich)

Which is gas in itself as its mainly Dubs giving out at the thoughts of having to drive 1.5 hours out the road.

I'll be going from Tipp and picking up friends in Dublin along the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Outrageous.
    And they're not processing lifad membership applications until after the tickets go on she to the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I'll be going from Tipp and picking up friends in Dublin along the way.

From county Tipp myself go to dozens of gigs a year, mostly in Dublin as that's the norm when bands come due to costs not unusual to opt for back the same night even. Another hour and half or 2 if I get the train to Belfast no biggy done it many a time also. Gig is a year away for goodness sake :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,731 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Just over a week to go for Milton Keynes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Panthro wrote: »
    Just over a week to go for Milton Keynes :D

Enjoy! How much was that ticket, btw? Will probably give an indication of around how much Belfast will be.

Outrageous.
    And they're not processing lifad membership applications until after the tickets go on she to the public.

As I said, I'm not sure what the price is and that was the price for a Metallica ticket and no one said it was outrageous. A lot more goes into a Rammstein show so you get what you pay for at any rate.

I get why they're not processing LIFAD applications - the majority of new people (and there has been a huge influx of them) are joining in order to get pre-sale tickets. Makes it very unfair on those of us who have been members for over 10 years and want tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

As I said, I'm not sure what the price is and that was the price for a Metallica ticket and no one said it was outrageous. A lot more goes into a Rammstein show so you get what you pay for at any rate.

I get why they're not processing LIFAD applications - the majority of new people (and there has been a huge influx of them) are joining in order to get pre-sale tickets. Makes it very unfair on those of us who have been members for over 10 years and want tickets.

I get this too, luckily I finally decided to join LIFAD randomly a couple of months ago! I just hope they don't do what some other bands seem to do and dump sh!tty tickets in the pre-sale....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

My Paris pit tickets were 75 a piece so 105 would be really creaming it for some sh***y looking field in Belfast.

Two days to go until the concert for me! I don't know how I will stick the 36-40 degree heat though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,531 ✭✭✭savemejebus

My Paris pit tickets were 75 a piece so 105 would be really creaming it for some sh***y looking field in Belfast.

Two days to go until the concert for me! I don't know how I will stick the 36-40 degree heat though :(

Pit tickets? I think 36-40 degree heat will be nothing compared to the pyro heat ya lucky bastid :pac:

• Advertisement

Pit tickets? I think 36-40 degree heat will be nothing compared to the pyro heat ya lucky bastid :pac:

Well, I hope they are pit tickets....I am pretty sure that is what "FOSSE" is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Heading there myself saturday also,first time seeing Rammstein too.
    You are allowed bring water in with you as long as its 50cl and the bottle open.

Gamb!t wrote: »
    You are allowed bring water in with you as long as its 50ml and the bottle open.

I have researched this to high noon and apparently they are extremely iffy about liquids etc. Also bags, anything over 20L is too much, but I wouldn't be going anywhere near that amount. A bum bag is what we have chosen :pac:

Saw them in Dublin in 2012, but was stupidly seated. I distinctly remember at the time thinking the 3arena would catch fire.

You are allowed bring water in with you as long as its 50ml and the bottle open.

Jaysus 50ml wouldn't quench the thirst of a sparrow :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Any chance it's 50cl?

Any chance it's 50cl?

Yeah, its 50cl :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Belfast tickets are on sale from 5th July at 11am...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

instant sell out? hope not

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Well, I hope they are pit tickets....I am pretty sure that is what "FOSSE" is :o

They are standing anyway,not sure if they are pit. When I seen Maiden there it was first come got into the pit.

• Advertisement

D.Q wrote: »
    instant sell out? hope not

Doubt it. There was always tickets for the O2 gig available in the run up to the gig. Given that this is a proper album tour might be different though.

Advertisement