Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rammstein Megathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So were talking a year away from what I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yes ,Dublin is an infinitely stronger market than Belfast .

Yep but of a bigger concern is that there is nothing for mainland Britain either. If Belfast is the only show in the British isles, it could put a spike the demand.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,887 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

According to Overdrive its March 1st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Anyone else here a member of LIFAD?

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

According to Overdrive its March 1st

Click on that it says TBD, their next post on FB like 5 mins later says June 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

An outdoor gig in Ireland in March is just asking for trouble weather wise, June would make more sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

yes. useful for presales.
    Cool_CM wrote: »
    Yup!

The English forum can be a very quiet place there at times. If you post something that's even slightly not in keeping with the thread title you'll be asked to post elsewhere in a very German manner :pac:

17th June at Boucher Roads

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

Arrah, surely they can get somewhere in Dublin like that place. Its literally a small soccer field :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, Irish Independent Park down here in Cork seems better!

It's also a Wednesday :(

Arrah, surely they can get somewhere in Dublin like that place. Its literally a small soccer field :rolleyes:

Come to think of it, Irish Independent Park down here in Cork seems better!

It's also a Wednesday :(

Probably too small for their shows , If the Belfast date sells out quickly they might squeeze in a Dublin show since its around the same time as Download weekend

• Advertisement

The hell happened to March 1st?!

I could see the likes of a country music show in Boucher Road but not Rammstein. Bit of a weird choice from them in fairness.

The Aviva in Dublin would be great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭barry181091

The hell happened to March 1st?!

Total placeholder, they aren't starting the tour until May by all accounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

"UK tour dates to be announced soon" on their Facebook page, they're hardly gonna lump Dublin in as part of that?

*awaits the 'RA*

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Trotsky00

How to you join LIFAD it doesn't seem to allow me to join? I'm going to try to get tickets for one of the shows in Germany but it might be crazy trying to get tickets. Anyone else trying for Germany?

"UK tour dates to be announced soon" on their Facebook page, they're hardly gonna lump Dublin in as part of that?

*awaits the 'RA*

Most bands/promoters do, i won't take offence if we get a Dublin show out of it.
    Worst case scenario is no Dublin show but a Belfast show could be ok provided the rest of the UK get shows too.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I'd doubt Dublin will get a show. Just can't see 2 gigs on the island.

At least on their FB page post, they have the union jack beside the Belfast date rather than the tricolour :D

I just googled Boucher Road....is it my imagination or is it a bit of a kip? Certainly isn't becoming of Rammstein but as has been pointed out to me elsewhere, a lot of the proper stadium venues are booked out thanks to the fooken soccer crap UEFA 2020.

At least on their FB page post, they have the union jack beside the Belfast date rather than the tricolour :D

I just googled Boucher Road....is it my imagination or is it a bit of a kip? Certainly isn't becoming of Rammstein but as has been pointed out to me elsewhere, a lot of the proper stadium venues are booked out thanks to the fooken soccer crap UEFA 2020.

Croker could have been the biz if it was to be the only show between UK and eire.
    Boucher road doesn't look fab but googling it shows some big names having played there

Croker could have been the biz if it was to be the only show between UK and eire.
    Boucher road doesn't look fab but googling it shows some big names having played there

Have you forgotten the whole Garth Brooks controversy? If the residents were against that (much bigger chance of them being GB fans) then you can bet your life they'd be against Rammstein playing there and setting their homes alight :D

Semple Stadium here in Thurles would be ideal. It hosted the Féile all those years ago (and still is doing so) so it can perfectly fit good numbers in.

Semple has seen the likes of The Prodigy and RATM so it's no stranger to the heavier side of things.

Have you forgotten the whole Garth Brooks controversy? If the residents were against that (much bigger chance of them being GB fans) then you can bet your life they'd be against Rammstein playing there and setting their homes alight :D

Semple Stadium here in Thurles would be ideal. It hosted the Féile all those years ago (and still is doing so) so it can perfectly fit good numbers in.

Semple has seen the likes of The Prodigy and RATM so it's no stranger to the heavier side of things.

Agreed re: Semple. But the GB controversy was the amount of gigs he was to play in order to facilitate demand. They are permitted three or four big concerts every summer but GB/promoter was exceeding that without permissions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

no chance ...low volume crap sound crap residents....poor view....disaster

no chance ...low volume crap sound crap residents....poor view....disaster

It's completely in keeping with the other stadiums they're doing, regardless of sound quality. As it stands three concerts a year are permitted, not too far off the dates we're looking at.

It's completely in keeping with the other stadiums they're doing, regardless of sound quality. As it stands three concerts a year are permitted, not too far off the dates we're looking at.
    Why do you want them in a crap venue?

Why do you want them in a crap venue?

How is it any more/less crap than other stadiums?

Boucher road playing fields are hardly Carnegie Hall.

How is it any more/less crap than other stadiums?

Boucher road playing fields are hardly Carnegie Hall.

Have you been to croker?

Have you been to croker?

I have.

I have.

And it was ****e yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,571 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Do you honestly think Rammstein can sell anywhere near 80,000 tickets for Dublin ?
    They'd do very well to sell out the RDS .

Do you honestly think Rammstein can sell anywhere near 80,000 tickets for Dublin ?
    They'd do very well to sell out the RDS .

They wouldn't have to sell 80,000 tickets. Let's not forget that the way the stage is it takes up a lot of room and there wouldn't be anyone in the stands either side of it.

• Advertisement

They wouldn't have to sell 80,000 tickets. Let's not forget that the way the stage is it takes up a lot of room and there wouldn't be anyone in the stands either side of it.

You know croke park is rented?

Advertisement