Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Thread 14/02 *spoilers within*

Options
1202122232426»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

flahavaj wrote: »
    tumblr_l73uhbHy5w1qc0m6fo1_500.jpg

Haters gonna hate, I can never defeat such debating genius....

I've given Cena 9 years, I think that is more than enough to decide whether I like the guy or not. I've also said in posts, that whilst I may never fully warm to him, it should be possible for me to say that his character is well booked and that he is doing a good job. I've said that plenty of times. That is pretty much the opposite of the "haters gonna hate" stuff that is lazily thrown at people like who make perfectly valid criticisms of Cena.

davrho wrote: »
    Many dirtsheets have the WWE on the edge of financial ruin even though they post huge profits and massive diviends to their shareholders on their legally binding accounts annually(quarterly).

Remember the IWC remember dirt shirt rumours and accounting matters more than the WWE annual accounts which have to be made public.

In fairness to myself and other posters on here, we generally are referencing the WWE's annual reports. That is where I got some of my earlier information and I think most regular posters on here are smart enough to know the difference between dirt sheet speculation and annual reports. That being said, any annual report should be taken with a pinch of salt. As any accountant or financial analyst will tell you, financial reporting is as much an art as it is a matter of facts. A creative accountant is a very sought after talent!

On the matter of dirtsheets and moving away from your post, not every person who dislikes Cena (or any other aspect of wrestling) is a dirtsheet obsessed, smart fan who only likes heels. I actually very rarely read the "proper" dirtsheets that publish the usual BS rumours. There are plenty of wrestling fans who are discerning enough to move beyond thinking what a dirtsheet or the IWC tells them. I actually didn't know what IWC meant until the middle of last year...the shame :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

CMpunked wrote: »
    On Monday?
    Nah dont think so. I think he said that he achieved all that he wanted to achieve so he went off to movies to achieve another boyhood dream (im paraphrasing that and what he said at the start of january.)

John Piermarini, the former creative guy at WWE, said on Tuesday in his blog that they were very close to having him as Raw guest host twice and they made several other offers to Rocky over the years but he always outright rejected them or hummed and hawed before finally rejecting them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

This is like the worst phone sex conversation ever. Rewatched the Rock promo and not it isn't over-rated. Its just a great promo.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

This is like the worst phone sex conversation ever. Rewatched the Rock promo and not it isn't over-rated. Its just a great promo.

John Piermarini, the former creative guy at WWE, said on Tuesday in his blog that they were very close to having him as Raw guest host twice and they made several other offers to Rocky over the years but he always outright rejected them or hummed and hawed before finally rejecting them.

Didnt know that now.
    I bet one of them was jan 4th last year.

When you think about it (i kinda have to retract what he i said earlier on with this:)
    7 Movies in 2 years (5 major roles) sounds like a pretty hectic scheduale.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

jaysus, this thread/discussion/argument is still going :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 shoryuken14

Just thought i would let you all know Silvervision.ie are selling ''The Rock the most eclectrifrying man in sports entertainment'' dvd for 13 squid delivered. Not bad considering nearly 8 hours of footage to enjoy.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just thought i would let you all know Silvervision.ie are selling ''The Rock the most eclectrifrying man in sports entertainment'' dvd for 13 squid delivered. Not bad considering nearly 8 hours of footage to enjoy.

His career was 1996-2003 and the meat of it was late 98-01 so most of that is in the scratch logo WWF era; i'd imagine it's riddled with blurring and muting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 shoryuken14

I suppose it would but ive got The best of raw on dvd and never really noticed it, obviously youd rather it wasnt blurred out, but come on, 8 hours of The Rock for 13 quid is well worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I suppose for a lot of people, myself included, the Rocks promo the other night, really allowed us to suspend our disbelief again.

I mean obviously we do anyway, but with a degree of, "oh, they are going down this road with the that angle, they must be trying to push this guy" etc etc.

But for me, the other night, was the first time in a long time I have been truly excited about something like that in wrestling. Which is why I am completely ignoring logic and the cynic in me, and hoping that it is a bit of a proper return.

When he said "I'm never ever going away", my jaw dropped like, I didn't expect that at all. Obviously, the voice inside my head(ugh..) started to say, "he definitely doesnt mean that", but for the first time in years, for the next six weeks or so, I'm just going to be completely naive and enjoy it. Basically be a complete and total fanboy and defend Rocky to the last... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭ManofStraw

D.Q wrote: »
    I suppose for a lot of people, myself included, the Rocks promo the other night, really allowed us to suspend our disbelief again.

I mean obviously we do anyway, but with a degree of, "oh, they are going down this road with the that angle, they must be trying to push this guy" etc etc.

But for me, the other night, was the first time in a long time I have been truly excited about something like that in wrestling. Which is why I am completely ignoring logic and the cynic in me, and hoping that it is a bit of a proper return.

When he said "I'm never ever going away", my jaw dropped like, I didn't expect that at all. Obviously, the voice inside my head(ugh..) started to say, "he definitely doesnt mean that", but for the first time in years, for the next six weeks or so, I'm just going to be completely naive and enjoy it. Basically be a complete and total fanboy and defend Rocky to the last... :p

I feel the same in I'm complete fanboy mode at the min, I havn't been this excited about wrestling since Brock Lesnar was in his prime

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,868 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Yes it is great seeing him back

I was just thinking how come Miz or Cena (since his moto is dont back down from anyone) didnt come out when Rock mentioned them :p I guess they knew Rock would tear them apart on the mic and on his big return interrupting him would make them the biggest villian on the planet

Especially Cena. If he had of come out, there would have been some serious hate.

Nah, I think that moment needed to be its own moment. No one else was needed. Although I must say, I am looking forward to a possible Cena reply on Monday.

Next mondays raw has so much going for it...Will Rock be there? What will Cena/Miz have to say? Taker is coming back, and speculation is certainly picking up that HHH is on his way back as well. Not to mention the backlash from the EC ppv.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,645 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

No one else was needed.

I absolutely detest Michael Cole, but I thought the way there was a little bit of interaction with him and The Rock really helped Michael Cole's character in the grand scheme of things, in the way he had this sneering cocky smug look on his face when the GM mailed him, and then was completely put in his place by The Rock and left speechless.

It did a good job to further him as the cowardly heel.

True. I completely forgot about that, it was brilliant.

On the subject of Raw as a whole(Apparently there was a show before the Rock came out...?), its bad to say considering the reason for his absence, but not hearing Lawlor was a breath of fresh air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 758 ✭✭✭davrho

still_real.jpg

why would you post this to a man who it admitts WWE is make believe?

why would you post this to a man who it admitts WWE is make believe?

do you know what the story is behind that picture?

do you know what the story is behind that picture?

No, no I do not...............

Tell me more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Hahahah oh god I'd forgotton about that fella

I'd say that fella HATES John Cena :pac:

No, no I do not...............

Tell me more

In short the video above surfaced a few years back and was met with a mix of smarky comments and some admiration.
    Over time the quote "it's still real to me, dammit!" became something that would be said whenever someone posted something that refered to believing kayfabe or whatever like such.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-still-real-to-me-damn-it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Because they'll be absolutely mad to see the hero that turned his back on them get his ass kicked by whatever face is put against him. Its pretty basic PW booking 101 tbh and it helps make new stars.

No doubt you'll then turn on whatever face is put in the top spot because he doesn't talk about sticking his mickey in a pie or whooping some candified ass. And Cena will be the greatest thing since the People's Elbow.:pac:

oh believe me, he wont be the greatest thing since anything, and no matter how many endorsements vince wants to give him, ie austin at the hall of fame, and probably from the rock at mania, as a character he's just not believable in anything he does or says and if he turns heel the only thing he might improve is his promos, anyway in my opinion turning heel wont happen anytime soon cos like you said yesterday Younger viewers absolutely love him the way he is. They think its gas when he says ''poopy''. They don't care about his punches, And it is these younger viewers that Vince now wants to cater for. and as long as they buy his merchandise by the truckloads, he'll be vinces no.1 man and thats the end of that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

You Called?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bought along with the best of raw double pack for 12.
    Im gonna be 15 again :pac:

In short the video above surfaced a few years back and was met with a mix of smarky comments and some admiration.
    Over time the quote "it's still real to me, dammit!" became something that would be said whenever someone posted something that refered to believing kayfabe or whatever like such.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/its-still-real-to-me-damn-it

whooooooooosh

I was acting the maggot mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

damn that was of the best raw shows in a very long time

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

The Rock is Back :D:D:D:D:D:D

I have nothing else to add.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,199 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I found something to add. I really enjoyed the Cena v Punk match, the ending was smart.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    I found something to add. I really enjoyed the Cena v Punk match, the ending was smart.

I thought the match was really good too, especially watching it again yesterday.
    When it was live on monday the rock had me in a tunnel vision of sorts, everything else played second fiddle.

Advertisement