Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raw Thread 14/02 *spoilers within*

Options
  • 14-02-2011 2:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭

not sure if i should've started a new thread on this but here it goes, vince is to announce who this is tonight on raw and i took from vinces promo last week that the person will be there as well so just wondered who people think this will be.

my money is on the
    The Rock

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,871 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Source
    Tonight’s WWE RAW takes place from the Honda Center in Anaheim, California. Vince McMahon will reveal the WrestleMania 27 guest host tonight and Eve Torres will defend the Divas Title against Natalya. Advertised locally is John Cena & Randy Orton vs. CM Punk & The Miz with Michael Cole as referee.

No need to start another Raw thread for tonight this will do maybe a mod can change the title please

I do hope it is someone like The Rock or SCSA but I fear it will be Bob Barker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Source

No need to start another Raw thread for tonight this will do maybe a mod can change the title please

I do hope it is someone like The Rock or SCSA but I fear it will be Bob Barker

why do you think it could be bob barker, surely whoever it is, is been brought in to sell the ppv, as good as bob barker is, he would'nt do that, thats why i think it has to be
    The Rock
    . oh and thanks for changing the title gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

why do you think it could be bob barker

Barker has been involved with wwe/f a good few times now.
    In the 80s, he hosted raw last year and more stuff that isnt coming to mind.
    theres a chance the big name we're all expecting, isnt actually the big name.

CMpunked wrote: »
    Barker has been involved with wwe/f a good few times now.
    In the 80s, he hosted raw last year and more stuff that isnt coming to mind.
    theres a chance the big name we're all expecting, isnt actually the big name.

i like bob barker, i just dont think would vince give such a build up last week if it were just bob barker.

i like bob barker, i just dont think would vince give such a build up last week if it were just bob barker.

I couldnt agree more with you man.
    I just feel that there are so many options that we are going to be left with someone who we dont want. :pac:

• Advertisement

I couldnt agree more with you man.
    I just feel that there are so many options that we are going to be left with someone who we dont want. :pac:

ha yeah probably be justin bieber so :eek:,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

I'm expecting some sort of Valentine's day match on tonight's Raw. Either that or a Valentine's Day Lingerie contest, hosted by Jerry Lawler, and interrupted by Miz.

Can you feel the love?!

Maybe there is a chance that if
    HHH
    is supposed to be takers opponent at mania, and everyone is speculating that HBK will in some way be involved in the match, is there a chance that he is the guest host i wonder.

In the sense that he will be around to give some reason as to why he is going to be involved in the match. And he could also use tonight to bring about the return of his best buddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It's Hornswaggle!!

:pac:

Maybe there is a chance that if
    HHH
    is supposed to be takers opponent at mania, and everyone is speculating that HBK will in some way be involved in the match, is there a chance that he is the guest host i wonder.

In the sense that he will be around to give some reason as to why he is going to be involved in the match. And he could also use tonight to bring about the return of his best buddy!

quite possible, i just think we might see that 1 develop next monday, but that tonight in anaheim could be ''electrifying'' :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Charisteas wrote: »
    I'm expecting some sort of Valentine's day match on tonight's Raw. Either that or a Valentine's Day Lingerie contest, hosted by Jerry Lawler, and interrupted by Miz.

Can you feel the love?!

Scrap that last sentence, Lawler's mother passed away yesterday, so he won't be on Raw tonight.

Rest In Peace

Source - http://wrestlingnewscenter.blogspot.com/2011/02/jerry-lawlers-mother-passes-away.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It's Hornswaggle!!

:pac:

The IWC would die a death if that happed

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

quite possible, i just think we might see that 1 develop next monday, but that tonight in anaheim could be ''electrifying'' :D

With this guest host, Takers return and build to a mania streak match and any possible pre mania returns to build feuds im optimistic about all the future Raws in the build to mania tbh especially as these stories will have to be interwoven with the continued build of the other mania matches and the fallout of the EC

Source
    Word going around WWE this weekend is that Vince McMahon will be on RAW this Monday to reveal Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson as the special guest host of WrestleMania 27 in Atlanta.
    The Rock has been heavily rumored to be the host, among others, and one source now confirms that this is the plan. No word yet if Rock will be on RAW live or do some kind of satellite feed appearance.
    There are no plans for The Rock to wrestle at WrestleMania 27, just host the pay-per-view.

i REALLLY want to go to mania now :(

i REALLLY want to go to mania now :(

and thats why he's the man I expected and the man im relieved to hear is probably doing it, he will atleast Draw the wrestling fans who are on the fense about getting the PPV. dunno about mainstream as the casual fans might not think its that big a deal as he was a pro wrestler with the WWE a few years back anyway.

and thats why he's the man I expected and the man im relieved to hear is probably doing it, he will atleast Draw the wrestling fans who are on the fense about getting the PPV. dunno about mainstream as the casual fans might not think its that big a deal as he was a pro wrestler with the WWE a few years back anyway.

agreed, i sort of knew it would be him ever since he said about a month ago that he would do something with the wwe ''very soon'' and when vince made that announcement last week, well there was really never any doubt he was'nt the man

I can see it being the single best way to push mania in the mainstream to the media. Like MoneyMaywhether a few years back.
    The media could see a bit of authenticity to him being involved, as its where he has its roots. I would be very surprised if there isnt some sort of appearance by him tonight. WWE will want their faces across the news reports tomorrow morning.
    Imagine that, The Miz is running his mouth, then from nowhere there is that infamous theme.
    Wow. Getting chills now. :D

I can see it being the single best way to push mania in the mainstream to the media. Like MoneyMaywhether a few years back.
    The media could see a bit of authenticity to him being involved, as its where he has its roots. I would be very surprised if there isnt some sort of appearance by him tonight. WWE will want their faces across the news reports tomorrow morning.
    Imagine that, The Miz is running his mouth, then from nowhere there is that infamous theme.

well i only meant that as apposed to getting an equally big name non former wrestler in like Mayweather whom could have been more likely to get people who wouldent normally watch wrestling to tune in. The Rock wouldent do this but he would def maximise the audience of Wrestling fans watching and will be massive for this mania

OMG I would love to see a Rock promo on the Miz :)

• Advertisement

well yeah if he they allow him to forget the PG nonsense, i reckon the miz against him on the stick would be both ''awesome'' and ''electrying'' :D, not sure many in mainstream would buy the ppv just because of the rock cos many knew where he came from before movies, but as bounty said people who follow wrestling that might not be that interested in it, will certainly be interested now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Jesus. Is this what looking forward to Raw feels like?

Taking the morning off college so I can stay up for this tonight

D.Q wrote: »
    Jesus. Is this what looking forward to Raw feels like?

Taking the morning off college so I can stay up for this tonight

weird feeling aint it

is it 1 or 2am start time there atm? considering getting up to watch it at 9/10am to watch it myself?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

weird feeling aint it

is it 1 or 2am start time there atm? considering getting up to watch it at 9/10am to watch it myself?

Standard 2am start here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

I refuse to get my hopes up that it is The Rock,when it's most likely going to be either Barker or Bieber,prove me wrong Vince(please!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Ridley

Am I the only one that'd prefer the uber long intro Hollywood Rock theme that had the arena asplode with the whispered "Is cookin'"? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,648 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Completely agree with you. It will definitely sway those fans on the fence. I'm sure if he is involved, he'll probably start appearing on tv shows around America to promote his apperance, so hopefully it'll bring in some extra viewers.

What sort of role do you think he'd have though? Assuming they can't make it "The Rock" night as he won't be there post-mania.

Maybe special guest referee or just general wandering around host?

It's really interesting though if it is him, and I hope it is.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

Most people thinking its The Rock, id say it probably is. If it is though, I hope he gets a good few backstage and in ring segments at mania to cut promos on people, as its been waaayyy too long.. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

Might just stay up to watch Raw tonight, for the first time in months but if the above doesn't happen I'm going to be very dissapointed :(.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,558 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If it's The Rock then I definitely intend to buy the PPV. That would sell it for me. Since Austin is set to do the Tough Enough thing then they could have some sort of a Mania segment together to play off their three previous encounters. Maybe even sing a song again. :)

Also screw The Miz, it's a Rock/Cena confrontation that everyone wants to see. As much as I like and admire Cena, even I will mark out if The Rock talks trash on him. :pac:

Advertisement