Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I remember it last year, Was last week September /First week of October, For every €50 spent get €10 off.

Im waiting patiently for it again this year.

The one I'm thinking of - which I remember happening a few years - was a flat 20% off everything. I remember being sorely tempted by the UCS Falcon €640. I don't recall it happening yet this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Yep that's the deal I waited for last year and got the whole Harry Potter wave at 20% off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Smyths seem to have had fewer 20% offs on LEGO to date this year, more targeted at specific sets rather than full themes.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just a reminder, it's wasn't 20% off - it's €10 off every €50 spent, so round up - if you're buying something for €199, the discount is only €30 (not €39.80) so make sure you add stuff to bring the overall cost to the nearest €50

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

People on a few Facebook pages are talking about the Smyths 10e off every 50e spent deals running from next Tuesday. Source seems to be staff telling customers over the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Smyths have €10 off every €50.

So if you spend €150, that would be €30 off. Offer ends Sunday coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Smyths have €10 off every €50.

So if you spend €150, that would be €30 off. Offer ends Sunday coming.

Make sure to buy something for €1 otherwise it'll be €99.99 with 10 off.

Got the last Tower Bridge today, €150. Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,682 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Picked up Stranger Things, Friends set and the HP advent calendar today for 240 after a tasty 60 discount. It really is the only time of the year to buy the higher tagged Lego sets!

Argos are quick on the heels of Smyths with an "up to half price toy event" today. Nothing spectacular though.

• Advertisement

Argos are quick on the heels of Smyths with an "up to half price toy event" today. Nothing spectacular though.

Still cheaper to go to Smyths for most.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Bugatti Chiron €235.49 in Argos - about €35 cheaper than Smyths with their sale price.

http://www.argos.ie/ProductDisplayTRK019?partNumber=8675396

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    Bugatti Chiron €235.49 in Argos - about €35 cheaper than Smyths with their sale price.

Won't let me reserve it, says no stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Use checkargos it shows stock in some stores currently orderable in others which can sometimes mean it's out of stock in the warehouse and stock in stores is all that's left. Santry and Dundrum have it right now.

http://www.checkargos.com/product/8675396

• Registered Users Posts: 27,959 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

It was £190 on Amazon earlier so less than €215. Out of stock now but worth keeping an eye on it in case it pops back up.

It's £200 in Argos UK.

Apparently Amazon.co.uk is price matching LEGO reductions in Argos UK stores.

Go to brickcat.com, change the region to the UK and you can browse all the recent reductions from Argos and then order from amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I have a Chiron reserved in Argos Portlaoise until the end of tomorrow, if anyone wants the code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

There are two used 'Like New' on amazon for less than £200
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/offer-listing/B0792RB3B6/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
    In my experience, if it says 'like new' from amazon, it is exactly that. Usually an opened or blemished box. Comes with warranty too.
    Not sure about 3rd party, but definitely when fulfilled or sold by amazon.
    It also seems orderable in most argos stores - http://checkargos.com/product/8675396

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Apparently Amazon.co.uk is price matching LEGO reductions in Argos UK stores.

Go to brickcat.com, change the region to the UK and you can browse all the recent reductions from Argos and then order from amazon.

How do you get Amazon to price match, £30 difference between Argos UK and Amazon?

• Advertisement

Quintis wrote: »
    How do you get Amazon to price match, £30 difference between Argos UK and Amazon?

They've automatically price matched some sets, but not all.

Ugh why didn't they number the bags in the Tower Bridge set. Right into the shed it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,472 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Ugh why didn't they number the bags in the Tower Bridge set. Right into the shed it goes.

It predates that convention. All, they did to update TB was change the box art, otherwise it's the same set since launch.

It predates that convention. All, they did to update TB was change the box art, otherwise it's the same set since launch.

That's a shame, I don't have the space or time to be leaving 4000 parts laying around. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,546 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Are they doing this in Ken Blacks?

That would drive me mad, I've become far too accustomed to number bags. It's also really handy if you can only work on a little bit at a time

That would drive me mad, I've become far too accustomed to number bags. It's also really handy if you can only work on a little bit at a time

Its the first time for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

The new range of Hidden Side are reduced in Argos and Smyth's. Argos is a bit cheaper.

Debenhams have an 'up to half price' sale on the Lego Movie 2 sets.

• Advertisement

Just got the Bugatti for €150 in Smyths. Are they retiring it or price error?

Advertisement