Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Just got the Bugatti for €150 in Smyths. Are they retiring it or price error?

Which Smyths? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 27,904 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Danick wrote: »
    Which Smyths? Thanks

I think Ian posted before about getting sets in Naas but I could be wrong and have him mixed up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Smyths official price is still at 329.99e and in stock in every Smyths listed on the stores website, awesome pricing error if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

TitianGerm wrote: »
    I think Ian posted before about getting sets in Naas but I could be wrong and have him mixed up.

It was down in Limerick, was driving past and thought I'd have a browse. Shop was messy. Redoing their shelving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    It was down in Limerick, was driving past and thought I'd have a browse. Shop was messy. Redoing their shelving.

Jetland or Childers Road? 150e is a steal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Jetland I bet. They had the Bond car at €120 and with the ten euro off €50 it would have been €100 but I got the Harry Potter castle instead. I'm mad!

• Moderators Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Spocker

Rhyme wrote: »
    Smyths official price is still at 329.99e and in stock in every Smyths listed on the stores website, awesome pricing error if so.

Checked in Waterford, it came up as €329

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

lego.com doing a triple force Friday promo at the moment, double points, free battle of endor set and 20% off selected sets. I picked up the UCS Y-wing using some of my points and will get approx €15 in points back.

Also I see they change changed how you redeem your points, making you buy codes now, which is good and bad, it's a PITA doing it but you can share/sell these codes if desired.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Tesco, Dundrum anyway, have a number of Lego set half price. A few different city sets and at least one friends set. I didn't note what set numbers. There were also a number of price tags reduced to clear but the shelves were a mess so can't say which were reduced.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hidden Side Newbury High School 70425 is down to €90 in Argos.

• Advertisement

Harry Potter Advent Calendar 75964 is €24 in Smyths.

Betrayal at Cloud City is currently £225 on the John Lewis website but you can use code LEGO40 at the checkout to get £40 off.

Making it £185 (€215) with free delivery.

https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-star-wars-75222-betrayal-at-cloud-city/p3893073

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Some reductions in Argos today.
    One example.

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8035424.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Greg81

One example.

Thank you just reserved one. Pick up after work.

Greg81 wrote: »
    Thank you just reserved one. Pick up after work.

Slightly cheaper on Amazon at the minute using Revolut but always worth keeping an eye there just for comparison.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075GR44MV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0kbSDbS4H5M55

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

Slightly cheaper on Amazon at the minute using Revolut but always worth keeping an eye there just for comparison.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075GR44MV/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_0kbSDbS4H5M55

That's a brilliant set. Currently rebuilding as the garbage truck B model.

Takes up a lot of display space though!

Was around the same price at Christmas last year in Smyths.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

lowest price that i just made my order (dont think black friday sale can be lower or would it be...)

70674 NINJAGO Fire Fang Snake rounded up 27e (set is on sale at Argos.ie at 32e)

70419 Hidden Side Wrecked Shrimp Boat rounded up 20e (set is on sale at Argos.ie at 23e)

One example.

Use code LEGO10 for 10% off all orders, applies to already discounted items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Cheers picked up the two new Overwatch sets

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Use code LEGO10 for 10% off all orders, applies to already discounted items.
    So for the Mack Truck above, we can reserve at €95, go into the store and quote LEGO10 at the checkout and get another 10% off? Would be a very good deal if so, including the €5 voucher post-sale (or €10 if you add other items to take the total to over €100 I suppose).

• Advertisement

ionapaul wrote: »
    So for the Mack Truck above, we can reserve at €95, go into the store and quote LEGO10 at the checkout and get another 10% off? Would be a very good deal if so, including the €5 voucher post-sale (or €10 if you add other items to take the total to over €100 I suppose).

I assume that's how it works as there is no option to add the code online when reserving.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

delly wrote: »
    I had a good nights sleep in the end!

477162.jpg

Thought I'd post a quick pic of how I'm progressing with this build, that was an absolute bargain. I only started building over the summer and get a couple of hours in on every other Sunday morning. First book is now done, so moving on to book two.

The build itself is so enjoyable and so mentally relaxing. My only fault is that I've started at the top for my first technic set, so I'm not sure what I'll have to go with next. This set is a piece of engineering genius, so hats off to the designers.

493750.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

ionapaul wrote: »
    I tried this almost two years ago with a code, and the lady at the register had no way to apply the code. She told me it had to be applied online.
    I rang the main office and they weren't much help.

I never posted the code back then because it didn't work, but hopefully if enough people go in and try or contact them, they will add the option. It seems to be a Lego promotion, so no reason why it shouldn't apply to Ireland too.

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/10/argos-just-knocked-10-off-all-lego-ahead-of-black-friday/
    To grab this fabulous deal you just need to enter the code LEGO10 during the checkout process - right before you pay. Just be aware that you will need to pay on the website to get the offer, so if you click and collect don't choose to pay in-store.
    Just remember that these codes are only valid for a week, and if you don't get your order in before the end of the day Tuesday you'll have to pay full price.

Suckit wrote: »
    I tried this almost two years ago with a code, and the lady at the register had no way to apply the code. She told me it had to be applied online.
    I rang the main office and they weren't much help.

I never posted the code back then because it didn't work, but hopefully if enough people go in and try or contact them, they will add the option. It seems to be a Lego promotion, so no reason why it shouldn't apply to Ireland too.

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/10/argos-just-knocked-10-off-all-lego-ahead-of-black-friday/

They do enter the code at the till. I've used one on small furniture items before to get an extra 15% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

They do enter the code at the till. I've used one on small furniture items before to get an extra 15% off.

Cool. It may have changed. I tried it a long time ago, it wasn't for Lego either, was for a razor. To be honest the lady behind the register was new or inexperienced, so I didn't bother her about it.

When I rang the main office to query it, they didn't really help, they were guiding me to a faq on the UK website, so I just said thanks and didn't try again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,527 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Any online retailers (that sell LEGO) offering their own discount codes at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,114 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I'm looking for Frozen lego for Xmas for my daughter, anyone know of any discounts?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm looking for Frozen lego for Xmas for my daughter, anyone know of any discounts?
    Thanks,
    Pa.

Argos code lego20 20% off

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

madalig12 wrote: »
    Argos code lego20 20% off

Argos also have a toys20 code if you spend 25e or more. Any odds on using the two codes on the one Lego product?

• Advertisement

The VW Camper is down to €80 in Smyths currently, it is also retired so this may the last chance to get it at a decent price.

Advertisement