Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭thebiglad

Naid23 wrote: »
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8880088.htm

Could very well be a price error but this and the destinys bounty boat are nearly half price in argos. No interest in either set myself but seems to be stock around anyways

Thanks just picked up Technics Porsche 911 in Omni - great price and christmas pressie well sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Naid23 wrote: »
    https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8880088.htm

Could very well be a price error but this and the destinys bounty boat are nearly half price in argos. No interest in either set myself but seems to be stock around anyways

No stock anywhere I looked.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Just got one booked in galway. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

http://checkargos.com/
    Available in a lot of stores and orderable in most if not all.

Product ID is 42096

Suckit wrote: »
    http://checkargos.com/
    Available in a lot of stores and orderable in most if not all.

Product ID is 42096

I checked all in Dublin city and around Kildare.

• Advertisement

I checked all in Dublin city and around Kildare.

I removed a three of the stores that are not in the city centre and replaced them with three random stores.
    Not ideal, but it is available in them outside Dublin, and orderable in the others.
    If you go to the Argos site and order it anyway, they should give you a date to collect it in your nearest store.

cHoBbkW.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

The Technic Porsche 42096 is GBP 65 from Amazon.co.uk at the moment. After VAT adjustment that is EUR 74

The Technic Porsche 42096 is GBP 65 from Amazon.co.uk at the moment. After VAT adjustment that is EUR 74

That's a good reduction - it was £105 this AM when I set off to Argos to collect mine - had Amazon discounted then, i'd have saved my fuel and ordered it there:D

Gone back to £114 now - 1 day offer, perhaps those who ordered for collection at Argos will be honoured but my experience of similar offers was unless you got one from stock, not getting one.

Some reduction whilst it lasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

thebiglad wrote: »
    Gone back to £114 now - 1 day offer, perhaps those who ordered for collection at Argos will be honoured but my experience of similar offers was unless you got one from stock, not getting one.

Some reduction whilst it lasted!

I have a code for one in Argos Childers road for pickup today that I won't be using.

Anyone want it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I've a code for Carlow for the Porsche if it's useful to anyone. Reserved until close of business tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

A few more Destiny's Bounty's available in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I ordered a Destinys Bounty for collection in Argos, which is meant to be from today... has anyone ever used that before, do they email me to say it is now available?

mloc123 wrote: »
    I ordered a Destinys Bounty for collection in Argos, which is meant to be from today... has anyone ever used that before, do they email me to say it is now available?
    You should have received dates that it is available from and to, for collection.

After that it goes back into stock if you haven't collected it.

You should have received dates that it is available from and to, for collection.

After that it goes back into stock if you haven't collected it.

Yeah, I ordered it on Tuesday and it said that it would be in stock today until Monday. The store still shows no other stock... I am wondering do they email to confirm I can now collect it today. Do not want a wasted drive :)

Yeah, I ordered it on Tuesday and it said that it would be in stock today until Monday. The store still shows no other stock... I am wondering do they email to confirm I can now collect it today. Do not want a wasted drive :)

No. You can collect it until Monday, I think they email you when it has not been collected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

When you ordered, did you receive an expected date for collection AND a reservation number?

Sometimes it looks like a reservation has gone through but you don't get a reservation number.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

When you ordered, did you receive an expected date for collection AND a reservation number?

Sometimes it looks like a reservation has gone through but you don't get a reservation number.

I ordered one for reservation in Clonmel - the email I got has a reservation number, as well as the "Will be available for collection from" dates (Sat through Monday).

I wouldn't be expecting a second email to be honest, but I might call before travelling, just to make sure they have it, and the latest price. AFAIK items that are reserved don't show up in the stock checkers, until they are released back into stock

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If you included your phone number you get a text to say it's ready for collection. I got my text this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Zebrano

Ive a code for the porsche in ashbourne if anyone wants it

• Advertisement

To close out my question. It was ready to collect when I went up earlier. No further email or text apart from the initial one when I ordered it during the week.

No. You can collect it until Monday, I think they email you when it has not been collected though.

Nope I never get emailed if it's ready or not collected, never.

• Moderators Posts: 6,857 ✭✭✭Spocker

If you included your phone number you get a text to say it's ready for collection. I got my text this morning

I got a text this morning, for collection in Clonmel

Nope I never get emailed if it's ready or not collected, never.
    Sorry meant text. I never check the email.

Sorry meant text. I never check the email.

Ah I don't get them either.

Ah I don't get them either.
    dunno.gif

Argos also have the Technic Bugatti at ~270e which seems like good value too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Anyone know if Smyths have their 20% sale at the same times every year? If so, when can we expect the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Masterkey01

Anyone know if Smyths have their 20% sale at the same times every year? If so, when can we expect the next one?

I remember it last year, Was last week September /First week of October, For every €50 spent get €10 off.

Im waiting patiently for it again this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭laros

They currently have 20% off some Harry Potter sets....

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/lego-harry-potter/c/SM06010749

Advertisement