Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - Lego

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,307 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

The VW Camper is down to €80 in Smyths currently, it is also retired so this may the last chance to get it at a decent price.

I’m building that at the moment, it’s a long process for me but it’s a great set. Although the bloody bags aren’t numbered which makes finding the pieces quite difficult.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The VW Camper is down to €80 in Smyths currently, it is also retired so this may the last chance to get it at a decent price.

Oh wow, I just came in here to see if there was a discount code as I'm about to buy exactly that on Lego.com for £84.99 - so glad I checked now :p

That is OH's Christmas pressie sorted although on Lego.com it's coming with a FREE LEGO® Creator Reindeer (40434)...I don't think he'll miss it!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

The youngfella was looking at Donut Shop Opening for Xmas, I checked over the weekend and it was €69.99 on Smyths, but now he's made his mind up it's back to €79.99 on Smyths :rolleyes:

€84.99 on lego.com. Any chance Smyths will have it at the lower price again?

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

The youngfella was looking at Donut Shop Opening for Xmas, I checked over the weekend and it was €69.99 on Smyths, but now he's made his mind up it's back to €79.99 on Smyths :rolleyes:

No harm in waiting until black friday sales. It is unlikely to go up much more.
    Or get it from Amazon.de for €54.09 (€65.19 delivered to Ireland)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07KTWGSZ6

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭Motherof123

Suckit wrote: »
    No harm in waiting until black friday sales. It is unlikely to go up much more.
    Or get it from Amazon.de for €54.09 (€65.19 delivered to Ireland)

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07KTWGSZ6

Also keep a eye on tesco they had loads of new LEGO sets in stock

• Advertisement

The donut shop LEGO set is €67.99 on littlewoods

• Registered Users Posts: 34,226 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Their site is down!

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Their site is down!

Littlewoods is down?

Zavvi are having a promotion at the minute for Primal Clothing, When you buy a Jurassic World T-Shirt you get the Jurassic World Limited Edition minifigure set (5005255) with it (It might be possible to get cashback)
    There are 22 T-shirts to choose from, but this combination seems to be the cheapest. - https://www.zavvi.com/clothing/jurassic-park-primal-floral-t-rex-t-shirt-grey/12099295.html (€15.99 + €4.49 = €20.48 delivered)
    It's hard to do a price comparison, I have found the cheapest (on amazon) minifigure set is €21.99 from Amazon.de plus shipping - https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/LEGO%205005255
    The T-shirt is normally around €10.50 + shipping on Zavvi.

Suckit wrote: »
    Zavvi are having a promotion at the minute for Primal Clothing, When you buy a Jurassic World T-Shirt you get the Jurassic World Limited Edition minifigure set (5005255) with it (It might be possible to get cashback)
    There are 22 T-shirts to choose from, but this combination seems to be the cheapest. - https://www.zavvi.com/clothing/jurassic-park-primal-floral-t-rex-t-shirt-grey/12099295.html (€15.99 + €4.49 = €20.48 delivered)
    It's hard to do a price comparison, I have found the cheapest (on amazon) minifigure set is €21.99 from Amazon.de plus shipping - https://www.hagglezon.com/en/s/LEGO%205005255
    The T-shirt is normally around €10.50 + shipping on Zavvi.

That's fantastic thanks 👌🏻

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Just wondering on the Lego website when do they have their very good reductions in their Lego? Is it at black Friday or just around Xmas/January sales? Have only bought once of their website so I'm not sure. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

RGARDINR wrote: »
    Just wondering on the Lego website when do they have their very good reductions in their Lego? Is it at black Friday or just around Xmas/January sales? Have only bought once of their website so I'm not sure. Thanks.

What are you looking to buy? Often it's better value to buy from other retailers such as Amazon, Smyth's or Argos, but that depends on the set you are looking for. I can't remember them having a black Friday sale of much worth from years gone by, they will probably do double VIP points, which aren't much good unless you but regularly from them, a free gift when you spend over X, and then they will discount a limited number of sets by 20-50%. Once black Friday is done it's unlikely they will do a sale until after Christmas.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

What are you looking to buy? Often it's better value to buy from other retailers such as Amazon, Smyth's or Argos, but that depends on the set you are looking for. I can't remember them having a black Friday sale of much worth from years gone by, they will probably do double VIP points, which aren't much good unless you but regularly from them, a free gift when you spend over X, and then they will discount a limited number of sets by 20-50%. Once black Friday is done it's unlikely they will do a sale until after Christmas.

Yip. Lego's website is woeful for discounts. The days of decent discounts on discontinued set are long, long gone. I reckon maybe ten years at the very least. And what little they do have on sale, seems to be in incredibly small quantities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭RGARDINR

Nothing in particular, just sometimes when i look on their website think its more January i see things 50% off and mi like damn i missed that. You are right tho cheaper in argos etc. I find that tesco prices have gone up probably over sterling as over the years i got some great bargains there and some ones that defo were scanning in wrong and only cost a few cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,478 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Email from Lego confirming that it's Black Friday sales are starting Monday whilst this weekend is a VIP weekend.

What'll be there? Who knows.

Also confirmed on a side note that we're getting the mini batmobile with the full size one.

Amazon in the US will have 40% off the LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Millennium Falcon on Black Friday.

It's unlikely but would be amazing if that deal was in Europe too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Naid23

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

€141 for the lego millennium falcon 75257 in Smyths. Is that a good deal?

Colham wrote: »
    €141 for the lego millennium falcon 75257 in Smyths. Is that a good deal?

It's normally between 170 and 160 so it's an OK deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Colham

It's normally between 170 and 160 so it's an OK deal.

Do you think it would drop again next week for Black Friday? Can't see it going much lower.

• Advertisement

Colham wrote: »
    Do you think it would drop again next week for Black Friday? Can't see it going much lower.
    It's €109 on amazon France. €122 delivered.
    €114 delivered to PM/PW etc..

https://www.amazon.fr/dp/B07NDB4Q7S

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Technic Bugatti Chiron £189.97 on Amazon UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Technic Land Rover €144 = €161 delivered
    https://www.amazon.de

Reported VIP Weekend Discounts in the US

VIP Weekend November 23rd and 24th
    30% off:
    70840 - Welcome to Apocalypseburg!
    75181 - Y-wing Starfighter
    75222 - Betrayal at Cloud City
    21314 - TRON: Legacy
    76112 - App-Controlled Batmobile
    42089 - Technic Power Box
    60218 - Desert Rally Racer
    75884 - 1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
    75885 - Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC
    75886 - Ferrari 488 GT3 Scuderia Corsa
    75951 - Grindelwald's Escape
    41384 - Andrea's Summer Heart Box
    41385 - Emma's Summer Heart Box
    41386 - Stephanie's Summer Heart Box
    41387 - Olivia's Summer Hot Box
    41388 - Mia's Summer Heart Box

Hopefully some follow here.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭BenAndJerry

delly wrote: »
    Technic Bugatti Chiron £189.97 on Amazon UK.

That’s a really good price. I just don’t know if I need another Lego set in a box that I don’t have time to make!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

So VIP weekend is now live and I'm not so mad on the sets that are discounted.
    What do people reckon on the bargain factor of picking up maybe Mustang + Friends for € 200?
    It would ship with € 20 of VIP points, a 392 piece Christmas tree and the giant brick.
    Reckon Friends set will likely be a lot less than € 70 at some point? e.g. I see Walmart (granted USA, but a good example) will be selling it for $ 48.
    I'm just a sucker for the limited free sets!

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

Some of them were sold out by 1am this morning. Better stay up late this Wednesday for whatever the daily deal is

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

Hogwarts Castle is down to €300 in Smyths. They also have 10 quid off when you spend over 100 quid, so the price is effectively €290.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

Hogwarts Castle is down to €300 in Smyths. They also have 10 quid off when you spend over 100 quid, so the price is effectively €290.

Is it not 10e for every 100e spent so it would be 270e?

I've been caught out before with things that are 99.99e and I only get the 5e off, the cashiers are usually good and say "find the cheapest thing in the shop, bump up the price and get the bigger discount".

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    Is it not 10e for every 100e spent so it would be 270e?

I've been caught out before with things that are 99.99e and I only get the 5e off, the cashiers are usually good and say "find the cheapest thing in the shop, bump up the price and get the bigger discount".

No, it's not like their clearout sale of last month. It's either 5 off sales of 50 or more or 10 for sales of 100 or more.

Advertisement