Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭gar

gar wrote: »
    Jelly Bean out on O2 finally

Updated there and my apps layout is all gone.
    Can I restore it from a back up?

B@lls!!!
    Dropped the phone off the locker this morning and blanks screen with mixed pixels.
    THink the digitizer must be gone.
    Any one know where to get this relatively cheap and quick?

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi all, My Dad got a SGS2 last week and when i connect it to kies it says there is a firmware upgrade See pic >> http://i.imgur.com/ImA9mpO.jpg

I click firmware upgrade and it says Downloading firmware upgrade components, see pic >> http://i.imgur.com/lXFrEVb.jpg

The bar goes to 100% and then Kies closes and nothing happens.

Any idea whats up?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭innocent_lover

Hey guys,updated my o2 branded s2 to 4.1.2. But after that i am getting message #Not registered to network#.Anyone know how to sort this out. I was using a three sim in it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Still no Jelly Bean on eMobile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭lenny palmer

How do you get it to work on keis air for o2. I can't seem to get it sorted at all :-(

How do you get it to work on keis air for o2. I can't seem to get it sorted at all :-(
    I got a notification on my phone to update a new software. However I am regretting now as I can't use my three sim in it. I will advise you not to update now. Samsung & O2 needs to get their act together and bring a working software.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Kies refuses to play ball on the aul wans GS2 using two different PCs so f'ck it, not arsed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Hey guys,updated my o2 branded s2 to 4.1.2. But after that i am getting message #Not registered to network#.Anyone know how to sort this out. I was using a three sim in it.

Sounds like you've upgraded using o2 official firmware.

That being the case, it will obviously be sim locked to the o2 network.

You will have to root the phone now and network unlock it.
    I'm on my phone now, but Google it and it you will get countless methods explaining and showing how.

SamHall wrote: »
    Sounds like you've upgraded using o2 official firmware.

That being the case, it will obviously be sim locked to the o2 network.

You will have to root the phone now and network unlock it.
    I'm on my phone now, but Google it and it you will get countless methods explaining and showing how.
    But my phone was network unlocked. I did it a year ago by code provided from o2. I don't understand how it can be network locked again. I tried the same network unlock code which i had from o2 but it's not working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

But my phone was network unlocked. I did it a year ago by code provided from o2. I don't understand how it can be network locked again. I tried the same network unlock code which i had from o2 but it's not working.

Like I said earlier.

Root the phone, network unlock it. It'll take five mins.

If it's still not accepting the sim, you've a problem.

Edit. .... Sorry mate.

I see you've already entered a network unlock code from o2 which should make it network unlocked m

Try upgrading using three.ie firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone know anywhere other than amazon where I could get a replacement battery for this phone?

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone know anywhere other than amazon where I could get a replacement battery for this phone?

Ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

That was one of the major gripes I had with Nokia when I had an N97. They would release a Symbian update and then you would sit and wait for months before it became available for your particular phone. At one point they had two different serial ranges for SIM free phones sold in the country where I bought mine. There was seemingly no difference between the two variants but one got an update six months ahead of the other. When you were dealing with something as buggy as the early N97 firmwares that was beyond frustrating.

At least when you own an iPhone you know that you are not playing the update lottery. Everyone gets it on the same day. Whereas those of us who paid full price for a SIM free SII are still waiting for this update almost three months after it was first rolled out for some owners.

Ebay

Is it worth the risk buying an unofficial battery like this? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3200mAh-Battery-For-SAMSUNG-Galaxy-S2-Extended-with-White-Color-Back-Cover-/160957378292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2579ceaef4#ht_1354wt_1016

Official extended battery is 2000mAh, this is 3200mAh

That was one of the major gripes I had with Nokia when I had an N97. They would release a Symbian update and then you would sit and wait for months before it became available for your particular phone. At one point they had two different serial ranges for SIM free phones sold in the country where I bought mine. There was seemingly no difference between the two variants but one got an update six months ahead of the other. When you were dealing with something as buggy as the early N97 firmwares that was beyond frustrating.

At least when you own an iPhone you know that you are not playing the update lottery. Everyone gets it on the same day. Whereas those of us who paid full price for a SIM free SII are still waiting for this update almost three months after it was first rolled out for some owners.

I am on SIM Free and got the update several weeks ago to 4.1.2 via KIES. There will be no OTA update for JB.

I am on SIM Free and got the update several weeks ago to 4.1.2 via KIES. There will be no OTA update for JB.

I bought the phone sim free, latest kies version is 2.5.3, and there's no update, so I've no idea what you're talking about. Sim free won't get it until Meteor do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 44 Frecklefart90

It's ridiculous that I am still waiting for JB for my s2 with emobile, Iraq and feckin Afghanistan have it!

Not worth it with all the bloat Ware. Tried it for a day and was constanrly charging. Rooted it and put a syrah (sp?) Kernel on and cm 10.1. Just brilliant now. Like a new phone and the battery last 18 hours plus with heavy usage. Never done it before so had to do a bit of reading

• Registered Users Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

Is it worth the risk buying an unofficial battery like this? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/3200mAh-Battery-For-SAMSUNG-Galaxy-S2-Extended-with-White-Color-Back-Cover-/160957378292?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2579ceaef4#ht_1354wt_1016

Official extended battery is 2000mAh, this is 3200mAh
    I did some research before buying this set and have had them on the go for six months with no problem.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0058SJ5Q4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

I did some research before buying this set and have had them on the go for six months with no problem.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0058SJ5Q4/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I've used one of those Anker batteries since I got my S2 with zero issues. I thought I would use this and the original samsung battery as a spare on those busy days - I even got a phone charger that would charge the phone & the spare battery at the same time... but I've never needed the second battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Hi all, My Dad got a SGS2 last week and when i connect it to kies it says there is a firmware upgrade See pic >> http://i.imgur.com/ImA9mpO.jpg

I click firmware upgrade and it says Downloading firmware upgrade components, see pic >> http://i.imgur.com/lXFrEVb.jpg

The bar goes to 100% and then Kies closes and nothing happens.

Any idea whats up?

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I got 4.1.2 on mine via Software Update last week (on three) and i quite like it - still discovering..... :)

gar wrote: »
    Not worth it with all the bloat Ware. Tried it for a day and was constanrly charging. Rooted it and put a syrah (sp?) Kernel on and cm 10.1. Just brilliant now. Like a new phone and the battery last 18 hours plus with heavy usage. Never done it before so had to do a bit of reading

Am thinking of doing this.... you got any good links that explain how to do it.
    Since JB update, I am having to charge phone around 3pm each day as well as at night.

Am thinking of doing this.... you got any good links that explain how to do it.
    Since JB update, I am having to charge phone around 3pm each day as well as at night.

Going to do the same thing again on my mrs phone.
    Ill take notes and post them up here if its ok with the mods else Ill put it in the S2 mod thread

Gar

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I was thinking of trading in mine for 150 against an S4. Think I'd get better on adverts? Good condition, new battery. No scratches. Think I have the box actually.

MarkR wrote: »
    I was thinking of trading in mine for 150 against an S4. Think I'd get better on adverts? Good condition, new battery. No scratches. Think I have the box actually.

Where are you getting €150 for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Where are you getting €150 for it?

Carphonewarehouse.

Any idea what the trade in value for an s3 is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Any idea what the trade in value for an s3 is?

€250

Advertisement