Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

Since update to jb, my battery drains in about 6hrs with average usage. Anyone else notice this? Tried juicedefender but doesnt seem to make much of a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

gar wrote: »
    JellyBean only on simfree, Vodafone & Three at the mo...

It's not available on sim free yet

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-s-ii/#.UP9MuMPYZuI.twitter

"United Kingdom / Ireland - XEU Pending"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

derekeire wrote: »
    Since update to jb, my battery drains in about 6hrs with average usage. Anyone else notice this? Tried juicedefender but doesnt seem to make much of a difference.

Yeah same thing here, drops around 15% an hour with light usage

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah same thing here, drops around 15% an hour with light usage

Im getting good battery life out of my S2 with jellybean, 66% at the moment. 14hrs on battery.

I used to only barely get a day on 4.0.2 but my battery life seemed to improve after I did a factory reset because of apps crashing constantly about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Dempsey wrote: »

Im getting good battery life out of my S2 with jellybean, 66% at the moment. 14hrs on battery.

I used to only barely get a day on 4.0.2 but my battery life seemed to improve after I did a factory reset because of apps crashing constantly about a month ago.

Wanna swap phones? :)

I did a factory reset after upgrading to JB, my phone is 44% after 5 and a half hours with almost no use. Stock battery stats don't show any app draining the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Google Now (as was mentioned a few posts back) was a huge drain on my battery, significantly improved when I switched it off. Find my battery marginally better than before the update now.

In other matters, Jkay is working on an update to his framework for this version of JB on our phone, no time frame on it though sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

should have posted here first, but can anyone tell me how to bloody fix Kies...such a piece of crap.

when i open it it just has a spinning load circle and does nothing.

El Spearo wrote: »
    should have posted here first, but can anyone tell me how to bloody fix Kies...such a piece of crap.

when i open it it just has a spinning load circle and does nothing.

You fix Kies by hitting the uninstall button :P

You fix Kies by hitting the uninstall button :P

if there was another way to update i would

if there was another way to update i would

I persist with Kies myself :o

Other people recommend Odin, maybe do a google for that?

• Advertisement

I persist with Kies myself :o

Other people recommend Odin, maybe do a google for that?

i used that before, but thought that was only for rooted devices?

i love my galaxy too much to go do something that might brick it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭subway

How much should a decent s2 cost second han, llooking for a spare

okay after a total uninstall and registry clean, ive reinstalled kies and all thats changed is the boot screen...

its a smaller grey box with kies

midway through that sentence the damn thing started...well ill be damned.

take it all back.

booted, and plugged in. kies recognised my phone, had a little fart for itself and crashed again.

done this over and over since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

take it all back.

booted, and plugged in. kies recognised my phone, had a little fart for itself and crashed again.

done this over and over since.

I had all sorts of problems with Kies but it's working OK since the latest update, are you running the latest version?

On previous versions, I had to plug my phone into the computer, wait for Windows to recognise it as a USB device and only then would I open Kies. Plugging phone into computer with Kies already open would never work, although again, it seems to be fine on the newest version of Kies.

Not sure if either of those will help?

I had all sorts of problems with Kies but it's working OK since the latest update, are you running the latest version?

On previous versions, I had to plug my phone into the computer, wait for Windows to recognise it as a USB device and only then would I open Kies. Plugging phone into computer with Kies already open would never work, although again, it seems to be fine on the newest version of Kies.

Not sure if either of those will help?

will give a go tomorrow, and let you know...its the very latest version. did a fresh download/install today

• Registered Users Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Did the update on my wife's S2 yesterday and am now getting message "Not registered to network"

How do I sort this?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

vectra wrote: »
    Did the update on my wife's S2 yesterday and am now getting message "Not registered to network"

How do I sort this?

Divorce I'd say.

:pac:

I think the problem might be that it was on the 3 network and I got it unlocked to use on vodafone, now it possibly has updated back to 3 and locked it again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭nbar12

I can't stand the new keyboard with the new update, also the battery is ridiculous, I go to bed with it 100% charged, wake up 6 hours later and it'll be on 44% and tat's with wifi & mobile data turned off.

• Advertisement

Sorted it.
    Thanks for looking in.
    Marriage safe again :D

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Anyone know where I can download the jelly bean rom for three?? My phone doesn't connect via usb anymore so kies is out of the question.

dwaned wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can download the jelly bean rom for three?? My phone doesn't connect via usb anymore so kies is out of the question.

Have you tried wireless connection to Kies?

vectra wrote: »
    Have you tried wireless connection to Kies?

Doesn't allow update via wireless..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Anyone know where the option is to block your own caller ID has gone to since jb update?
    Can't find that option, and also cannot find the option to call forward to voice mail.
    Yes, call blocking is there, but that gives the person calling you a ring tone noise, then voice mail (so it sounds like you've rejected the call on your end)

Driving me crazy atm

For all you Renault owners with Radiostat Bluetooth and SGS2.......
    When you update to JB and the phone bluetooth keeps dropping its connection, delete the phone from the car bluetooth and when setting up the new connection do not allow the car bluetooth to access the phone contacts list when prompted. Bluetooth will then work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

For rooting purposes. Does anyone know how to convert zimage to tar for Odins use. Without the command prompts or cygwin. Searched everywhere. Got one Kernel to work 'Siyah-s2-v6.0b4' but phone isnt rooted after installing.
    Maybe a link to a tried and tested kernel for sgs2 on vodafone ireland network???
    Thanks

Edit:
    http://d-h.st/frK or Siyah-s2-v6.0b5.tar kernel gave me full root access

Hey everyone, just to update that my meteor SGS2 has just updated to JB 4.1.2 through kies no problems...which has stunned me.

The stock keyboard imo is better than swift key, and the pull down menu is much improved along with the widgets, but other than that have yet to notice a massive improvement.

Going to wait to judge the battery as all my tinkering means im over using!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭gar

Jelly Bean out on O2 finally

Advertisement