Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭gar

I have what I hope is a simple question.

I have copied a load of mp3s to an sd card on an SII but I am not seeing some of the songs in the music player. when i go through the file browser I can see the files that are not in the player but I can play them when I select the file...

I am puzzled

any help appreciated.

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

gar wrote: »
    I have what I hope is a simple question.

I have copied a load of mp3s to an sd card on an SII but I am not seeing some of the songs in the music player. when i go through the file browser I can see the files that are not in the player but I can play them when I select the file...

I am puzzled

any help appreciated.

Gar
    Does your mp3 player use the MP3 ID3x tags? Are you sure these are set appropriately? Are they encoded in a different bitrate, which might not be supported?

Does your mp3 player use the MP3 ID3x tags? Are you sure these are set appropriately? Are they encoded in a different bitrate, which might not be supported?

In the picture you can see the properties of one the files im trying to see the music player. I ripped a load of cds at the same time and I can see them. Its just wierd.
    There is not much in the way of settings on the SII in regards the music player.
    I had been reading that PowerAmp might be the way to go...

Gar

working with winamp on the SII. Suppose that will do!!

edit:
    Just checked the music player and the missing albums are now in the default player...
    Files transferred 2 days ago, were not there yesterday, are there now...
    Could not find a way of refreshing the list in the player. Confused but not complaining

Gar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

You already found the solution, so removing my post :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

Is there any way of disabling notifications (sound) when on a call. ?

I have a long sound set up so i wont miss it, but its annoying when on a call and the alert sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

I think this will do the trick.

If you are coping files by connecting your phone via USB cable then it does not refresh automatically.

You can unmount and remount the card, that will force it to rescan.

Open Settings
    Go to SD card & phone storage
    Unmount the SD Card
    Re-mount the SD card
    Re-open music

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Anyone having issues with WidgetLocker and Resurrection Remix? Since they went to AOKP I've had issues with a short press of home bringing up both the lockscreen AND the graphical task manager, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

well lads looking for a good case. I have the casemate barely there but find it way too slippy. I also had the official mesh case but that flimsy thing broke on me ps I have bad hands from an accident so it has to be grippy.
    any recommendations?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭plhealy2000

smilerf wrote: »
    well lads looking for a good case. I have the casemate barely there but find it way too slippy. I also had the official mesh case but that flimsy thing broke on me ps I have bad hands from an accident so it has to be grippy.
    any recommendations?
    thanks
    Try this one.
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Grey-Soft-TPU-Gel-Case-Samsung-i9100-Galaxy-S2-NEW-/190548449208?pt=UK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches&hash=item2c5d9297b8

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭K09

Hi,
    Any good app alternative to ITunes for the S2? Looking for something similar to ITunes where I can download music and use as music player.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

K09 wrote: »
    Hi,
    Any good app alternative to ITunes for the S2? Looking for something similar to ITunes where I can download music and use as music player.

Thanks.

The great thing about the Android is that you don't need the iTunes. Get your music anywhere and just copy it onto the phone.

Google Music FTW. Just play from the pink fluffies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

What is this ICS.thing about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

closeline wrote: »
    ice cream sandwich. the next version of android. if your on gingerbread stick with it ics is way overrated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone else having the problem of the phone not recognising the contacts in messages and calls? Yet when you go to edit it picks up the correct name, therefore you cannot edit! Only happening since ics!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone else having the problem of the phone not recognising the contacts in messages and calls? Yet when you go to edit it picks up the correct name, therefore you cannot edit! Only happening since ics!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Hi,

Thanks.
    If you still want to use iTunes with your android, like I do. Try iSyncr. Works brilliantly with iTunes IMO. Been using it for the last 6 months, great app.. well worth the few euro. Theres a free trial too..

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Hi,

Thanks.

I personally like Winamp

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

Lads I want to unroot my S2 and return it to stock. I am with Meteor and just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on this cheers just so I am sure I have the right stock firmware.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭apope8

battser wrote: »
    Lads I want to unroot my S2 and return it to stock. I am with Meteor and just wondering if someone can point me in the right direction on this cheers just so I am sure I have the right stock firmware.

Hey

I had to do the same to mine awhile back. All the information you need can be found here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭battser

apope8 wrote: »
    Hey

I had to do the same to mine awhile back. All the information you need can be found here.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

Where you with Meteor? I don't see a firmware update for meteor so is using another irish provider a big deal?

NVM - Updated to ICS and it is sweet :D cheers guys.

Anyone have an APK of Gtalk?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Cheapest place to get a new simfree S2 anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

The Nexus is €350 from simplyelectronics.net

The Galaxy S2 is €390

smilerf wrote: »
    ice cream sandwich. the next version of android. if your on gingerbread stick with it ics is way overrated
    What is gingerbread?

What is gingerbread?

The previous iteration of Android (2.3.x), the current iteration being Ice Cream Sandwich (4.0.x so far).

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

Android version 1.5: Cupcake
    Android version 1.6: Donut
    Android version 2.0: Éclair
    Android version 2.2: Frozen Yogurt (Froyo)
    Android version 2.3: Gingerbread
    Android version 3.0: Honeycomb
    Android version 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich
    Android version 5.0: Jelly Bean
    Android version 6.0: “Kettle Corn” (popcorn)

jabberwock wrote: »
    Android version 1.5: Cupcake
    Android version 1.6: Donut
    Android version 2.0: Éclair
    Android version 2.2: Frozen Yogurt (Froyo)
    Android version 2.3: Gingerbread
    Android version 3.0: Honeycomb
    Android version 4.0: Ice Cream Sandwich
    Android version 5.0: Jelly Bean
    Android version 6.0: “Kettle Corn” (popcorn)
    I am totally lost.could someone explain a bit easier to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

I am totally lost.could someone explain a bit easier to me.

forget about the word and look at the first letter.

a,b,c,d,e, etc etc

As they make a new version they give it a wacky sweet name. :)

Advertisement