Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Got me some fancy hair stuff over in the USA:

Fekkai Protein RX shampoo and conditioner:

10349928-1298480734-122000.jpg10349926-1298480725-969000.jpg

These smell lovely, a bit sweet and the frangrance lasts on your hair all day.

Also got Oscar Blandi Marine Mud conditioner.

oscar-blandi-ulta-face-masks-trattamento-al-fango-marine-mud-treatment.jpg

This also has a really lovely smell, almost like perfume for your hair and leaves it really soft.

Also bought Stila's Convertible Cheek Colour in Lillium.

stila-cosmetics-convertible-color-lillium.jpg

I actually like wearing this as a lipstick, it's a nice pinky nude.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

I have two of them, purple and blue. I like them a lot, I don't wear them too often, I tend to stick to my maybeline gel eye liner.
    I like the little brush it comes with, makes for easy application. I found I had to use a little bit more product that with the gel eyeliner but I'd say they'll still last for months even so. Once on it stayed on and didnt smudge or anything (I used elf eye primer with it) :)

Thanks Honerbright that helps a lot, think Ile just give them a go, I like the sound of the purple colour too,, and the primer!!! now, look what you've done :D:D;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

Love this thread but my bank balance doesn't!:rolleyes:

A few weeks ago I bought the L'oreal studio secrets smoothing resurfacing primer- It is brilliant! My best buy in a long time! I put it on before my foundation and it makes my skin feel sooo soft, my foundation goes on a lot easier and my foundation and make up in general stays on a lot longer!

I bought Beyond Bronze by Fake Bake instant medium shimmer tan! It gives a lovely colour when it goes on but and I know its a wash off tan but seriously one tiny little droplet of water makes it run!-Very unattractive!! It also comes off very easily onto clothes, it ruined a lovely white top I had :mad:!

essence.jpg

I bought this essence sun shimmer brick last year and never used it, but now that the sun is outside I decided to start using it again! I think it cost me about 3euro but its as good as the Bobbi Brown version for a fraction of the price!!

I'm still looking for a fool proof eye liner-I always end up looking like a panda!! So I'm off out to buy the Maybelline gel liner that so many people have recommended here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭pencilsharp

‎20% off our entire website today at www.eyeslipsface.co.uk. Use codes 20PlentyUK (for UK Orders) or 20PlentyEU (for EU) at checkout.

A minimum purchase of £10 (before shipping) is required. The code expires at 12 MIDDAY Friday 6 May 2011.

Just thought I'd let you all know in case you fancy some retail therapy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

Has anyone used any Coastal Scents products?

They've a Blush contour palette that I like.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=119036/Contour_&_Blush_Palette/Coastal_Scents/Blush

Has anyone seen anything similar ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

Has anyone used any Coastal Scents products?

They've a Blush contour palette that I like.

http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemId=119036/Contour_&_Blush_Palette/Coastal_Scents/Blush

Has anyone seen anything similar ?
    Coastal Scents I think are just Fraulein38 rebranded I've got an eyeshadow palette from them and its great,here are their blush products. The prices is quite reasonable.
    http://www.fraulein38.com/Product_Class.asp?ClassID=18

I've been eyeing up the 26 COLOURS NIGHT CAT EYESHADOW 'N BLUSH PALETTE for ages. Maybe I'll give into temptation........

I caved and ordered it :)

Stray_Cat wrote: »
    Coastal Scents I think are just Fraulein38 rebranded I've got an eyeshadow palette from them and its great,here are their blush products. The prices is quite reasonable.
    http://www.fraulein38.com/Product_Class.asp?ClassID=18

I've been eyeing up the 26 COLOURS NIGHT CAT EYESHADOW 'N BLUSH PALETTE for ages. Maybe I'll give into temptation........

I caved and ordered it :)

Thanks for the link. Will defo be ordering from there. Have you any idea what delivery time is like?

I'd say a week maybe a week and a half at most it's based in Germany as far as I know.

Just a quick update on what I bought in New York 2 weeks ago. I'll add more later.

Most of this (apart from the MAC products were purchased in Sephora)

MAC False Lashes Mascara

mascara.jpg

Love this. It defines my lashes really well. Normally would use Bad Gal Mascara from Benefit but this really might take it's place.

MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Light Plus
    skinfinish.jpg

Been using this for over a year now. Quite like the finish it gives.

Kat Von D High Frequency Mascara in Techno
    mascara-1.jpg
    techno.jpg

Actually picked this up by mistake. But it's nice. Obviously not an everyday mascara though!

Kat Von D Tattoo removal. Concealer, Pencil and Brush
    concealer.jpg
    concealerbrush.jpg
    pencil.jpg

Hate my tattoo and I've been getting it lasered off over the last two years.

Here's a picture of what it looks like with the concealer on. (I am aware my tan is hiddeous)

221823_1949038361253_1101406668_32254995_2337047_n.jpg

Urban Decay All Night Setting Spray
    setting.jpg

Got this in a travel size just to try it. I've only used this once so far on my face but it made me feel like my makeup lasted longer. Used it a lot over the tattoo concealer and felt like I actually needed to scrub really hard to get it off. (Not sure if it's because of the concealer or this though)

Maybeline Fit Me Foundation
    fit-me-foundation_115_pack-shot-crop_163959.jpg

Was just looking for a foundation that I could use for minimal day wear. This is good. Normally I use Healthy Mix during the day but this seems to last a little bit longer than that.

Smashbox Photo Finish
    P9889_hero.jpg

I like this primer. Use Gosh Primer during the day but this I use for night wear.

Tweezerman Pink Safety Slide Callus Shaver
    tweezerman.jpg

Haven't used this yet because I got a pedicure while I was over there but I've been looking for something like this for awhile. Going to attack my other half's feet some day soon.

Sephora IT Collection Powder Brush
    powder.jpg

Lovely soft brush. I love big huge powder brushes!

Sephora IT Collection Foundation Brush
    foundation.jpg
    The brissles are quite short on this brush so it takes a bit longer to apply foundation with it but gives a nice finish.

Sephora Precision Sponge
    sponge.jpg

I wanted a beauty blender but they were sold out. This is Sephora's own take on it.
    It's ok. I probably need to use it more to get a better opinion on it. It just seems to soak up a lot of the product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Silly_Sally

Hey Ladies,

Loving this thread, such a good idea! Considered a few different sites online to get a few bits and after reading through this I decided on e.l.f. Cannot wait to get it in the post! :D

• Advertisement

Pythia wrote: »
    Just ordered a new bottle of Seche Vite on feelunique.com. Got a 10% discount code so it was nice and cheap! I love this stuff, no waiting around for your polish to dry! Also adds a nice shine to your nails.

83005.jpg

Got my first bottle of this recently LOVE it!!!
    get so much longer out of my polish!

Naked Palette is available on Debenehams.ie

Just ordered mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Naked Palette is available on Debenehams.ie

Just ordered mine.

Your going to it :) I carry mine around in my bag.... Love it!!

I might put up a review on here ora make up look!

This arrived this morning. I cant wait to try some looks out :)
    Cover-RetroMakeup.jpg

Goes nicely with the Vintage hair book I have already.
    Cover-VintageHairstyling.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭lil-ms-vodka

Essence skin care range now in Pennys Henry St
    Mattifying daily cream €2.45 :):)
    Really nice, gives a finish very similar to a primer

http://www.essence-myskin.eu/en/care/mattifying-cream.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Just wondering, can we post skincare reviews here too or should there be a new topic for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭yoginindublin

just wanted to ask for all who bought the naked palette, are u still using it? do you think it is still a good buy? thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

just wanted to ask for all who bought the naked palette, are u still using it? do you think it is still a good buy? thanks

I use mine at least twice a week; I tend to switch between it and a MAC palette. I'm going home for the weekend and all I've brought for my eyes is the palette :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

I bought a MAC 4 palette that cost me €54 a month ago and ever since I bought the NAKED palette which was considerably cheaper it's all I've used! Can't recommend it enough.

Absolute bargain, although the brush is kinda crap in it! :(

Agreed on the brush; I ise it just to apply under-eye concealer (of which I need a lot :() but it's just not good at applying eyeshadow. I have 2 fluff brushes from benefit that are much better. One of these days I'll invest in a MAC brush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Just wondering, can we post skincare reviews here too or should there be a new topic for that?

Of course, I would put cosmetics and skincare under the same umbrella. Fire away, I'd love to hear of some new skincare products. I've been obsessed with buying new bits lately, I find TKMaxx great for high end products at cheap prices. You'll also get stuff that you may not find in any other shops in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

jokettle wrote: »
    Agreed on the brush; I ise it just to apply under-eye concealer (of which I need a lot :() but it's just not good at applying eyeshadow. I have 2 fluff brushes from benefit that are much better. One of these days I'll invest in a MAC brush.

Yeah I'm gonna use it for concealer aswell.

I bought two mac eye brushes a while ago, so worth the money love them! Got the 217 and 239. The 217 is my ultimate favourite!! :D

I've turned into an addict!! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

I started a thread asking for mascara suggestions and lot's of people said to get the Essence false lash one, in the green and black tube. Picked it up this morning and tried it out as soon as I got home. It's gorgeous and for only 2.79! So pleased!

I also picked up the set of 200 nails for a tenner in boots. They go on nicely and are really easy to paint over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I am in need of make up as I am literally out of Clarins bronzer and foundation, so was hoping for some reviews on the following products.

ELF bronzer in gold bronzer' or warm bronzer' - http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~124.htm

Mineral foundation - http://eyeslipsface.co.uk/product~prodID~82.htm

I wear the Bobbi Brown natural matte finish foundation in 'sand' and sometimes the Clinique anti blemish in 'ivory', I don't like a heavy foundation, I like something light and natural.

I was looking at the Rimmel Stay Matte in boots as well, is it good?or is there another (cheap) foundation you can recommend?

Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

I just bought this Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua while on hols in New York and to say I am in love would be a MASSIVE understatement!
    I've been using it for a week now, and this foundation has become my holy grail ;)
    It costs a pretty penny, but it's so worth it. It glides onto my skin in the perfect shade (BR10 for anyone who wants to know - I am pretty pale with pink undertones) and the best way I can describe the look it gives, is a second layer of perfect skin applied to my face!
    I don't have acne (except for the occasional hormone spot that appears on my chin) so don't know how well it would cover that, but I do tend to have quite rosy cheeks (not the good kind) and it covers that beautifully and evens out my skin tone.
    In terms over coverage and feel, I'd say it is a step up from a tinted moisturiser, but has much better coverage than any tinted moisturiser I have ever used. It's water based, so doesn't cake and it smells very fresh.
    It has a really pretty satin finish, so great for the summer, but if you prefer it matte, just finish with some powder.
    I love it! :)

I also picked up this Nars Orgasm blush (gosh I hate that name), which I love too.
    I have tended to stay away from blush most of my life (because of the aformentioned rosy cheek issue) but since the Chanel foundation evens my skin tone, I thought I would give this a whirl.
    It's a gorgeous peachy-pink with gold shimmer and suits even my pale skin.
    It's also pretty expensive as far a blush goes, but a little goes a very long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

I started a thread asking for mascara suggestions and lot's of people said to get the Essence false lash one, in the green and black tube. Picked it up this morning and tried it out as soon as I got home. It's gorgeous and for only 2.79! So pleased!

I also picked up the set of 200 nails for a tenner in boots. They go on nicely and are really easy to paint over.

Told u it's fab :) Personally I find the pink multi action better than the green though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

Tayla wrote: »
    Told u it's fab :) Personally I find the pink multi action better than the green though :)

If it's nicer than the green one I may stop traffic!

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

benefit1.th.jpg
    benefit2.th.jpg
    benefit3.th.jpg
    benefit4.th.jpg
    benefit5.th.jpg

Went a bit benefit mad today :D

I'd love to know what their new skincare range is like! Let us know if it's any good :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭verywell

Will do :)

Advertisement