Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest cosmetic purchases and reviews

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

lainey316 wrote: »
    I have a Milani Luminous which is also goldy orangey but is much nicer - it's the 'traditional' dupe for NARS Orgasm but I believe the new formulation isn't such a good dupe. It works with a light hand, not sure Peachykeen will ever work for me.

Yep the hairs fell out, in clumps really, the glue holding them in disintegrated. Much more annoying the same thing happened my MAC 187 - I'll get a new one in the US and be more careful of it. With the ELF tho, I just posted a whinge comment on their facebook and ordered another one, €4 vs €40 makes a big difference to how upsetting it was!

It's handy to have 2 powder brushes, cause of the cleaning, it won't go astray if you get another one :)

God, I was feeling worried enough about the prospect of having a broken EUR4 brush on my hands, EUR40 187??? :eek: I would be inconsolable, you poor thing! Did you try to take it up with them for a refund/exchange?

I'm going to test the powder brush for buffing in powder products tomorrow, if I like the finish I'd like to have two anyway, one for powder and one for liquid. I might try the blush brush too, I have one but these brushes are so soft that it'll be worth the punt!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭kandr10

I would also love to see this as a sticky! Love when it's updated.

Was in boots today and saw a new version of the Maybelline mousse blushers. I have a blusher and highlighter and loved them but they seem to have replaced them with a cream blusher in a similar pot. It's even better! The colour berry was gorgeous, can be built up or just subtle. Bit shimmery that's the only thing but I've been searching for a great cream blusher for ages now and think I've found it!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭silverspoon

kandr10 wrote: »
    I would also love to see this as a sticky! Love when it's updated.

Was in boots today and saw a new version of the Maybelline mousse blushers. I have a blusher and highlighter and loved them but they seem to have replaced them with a cream blusher in a similar pot. It's even better! The colour berry was gorgeous, can be built up or just subtle. Bit shimmery that's the only thing but I've been searching for a great cream blusher for ages now and think I've found it!

Ooh really? It's not a mousse anymore? I like the mousse type ones but a cream one would be seriously exciting!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

bought some bio oil last week and am finding it great as a general moisturiser. was using la roche posay but was finding it a bit heavy as my skin isnt as dry as it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

My elf order just came! I ordered it on Monday so I am tres impressed with their speedy delivery.
    So exciting, it was like Xmas there was so much stuff in the box! I haven't used anything yet so I'll do reviews later.
    A list of what I got:

All Over Color Stick in Pink Lemonade
    Shimmer Eyeliner Pencil in Plum Passion
    Mineral Eyeshadow in Angel, Beachy and Seductive
    Luscious Liquid Lipstick in Strawberry
    Cream Eyeliner in Midnight and Purple
    Studio Blush in Peachy Keen
    Studio Eyeshadow in Charcoal
    Studio Blush Brush
    Mineral Kabuki Brush
    Eyeshadow Brush
    Defining Eye Brush

Very excited to try them all out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭CBFi

Wow that was quite a heist! I wish had time to read this entire thread- it's great...but i'd probably be bankrupt from all the suggestions!

I have just bought the Eve Lom cleanser (started a thread a few days ago for advice) and a week later, I'm loving it! My oily tzone/ enlarged pores problem is much improved but I have noticed a little dryness on the cheeks. Overall a good purchase....veeeeery pricey though.

Here's a promo code for elf..
    FREEGLSHIPUK. It gives you free shipping and a free gloss if you spend over 12euro

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Stray_Cat

Finally got around to getting a half decent foundation-Benefit's some kind a gorgeous. I'm fairly pale so finding a good match in foundation can be hard this is spot on it blends well and it feels like i've nothing on my face it's so light. Also the nice girl at the counter gave me a sample of Refined Finish Facial Polish(plus one for me sister) and Triple Performing Facial Emulsion I look forward to using these.
    foundation-benefit-gorgeous.jpg
    I also picked up 2 Catrice eye shadows Dalai Drama and Lobster.

5622944496_56018eb381.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

kandr10 wrote: »
    Here's a promo code for elf..
    FREEGLSHIPUK. It gives you free shipping and a free gloss if you spend over 12euro

Spent forever picking out stuff just to find out they don't take Laser...:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

Typed this out on my phone the other day and it would not post :(

Some bits and bobs i have picked up lately:

nail varnish: essence no. 22 what do you think? its a gorgeous orange colour but its a bit flat looking, so i'm wearing Rimmels n.o 409 Coral crush over it to give it a bit of shimmer .. love it!

blusher: Sleek Pixie pink no.936, i have a couple of Sleeks blushes and bought this one off Ebay it came to about 5euro altogether, a gorgeous pink very pigmented, i apply it with a mac 187.

foundation: Rimmel renew and relift no. 103 true ivory. I always come back to this foundation i usually go a shade lighter but picked this one up for summer, i tried revlon colorstay and it hated me :( I find this foundation to suit me the best, it has a thick consistency but if blended well it gives a flawless finish and it stays on for hours and hours. its around 11 euro.

tweezers: i finally bought a tweezerman :D its the pink mini one because i couldnt bring myself to pay 26 euro. kind of raging now that i didnt get the bigger one because the mini is amazing, the big one must be super amazing. My eyebrow hairs are very black and course and the crappy tweezers i was using used to snap the hair and id end up looking like i had shaved them (someone actually asked me did i :mad:) but with this new baby i have none of that.. love love love.

mascara: Essence multi action mascara, this is the third one i have bought. <3 People always ask do i have fake eyelashes on when i wear it.

eyelashes: the one time i tried to put fake eyelashes on i nearly glued my eye shut but i'm a trooper so i bought chery coles fake lashes they were 6.49euros. It says brand new style on the box, its a white box. they look nice il try them... someday :o

essence nail polish remover , dont like this, it takes ages to get the nail varnish off and its meant to smell like coconuts but it doesnt it smells like nail polish remover :mad:

garnier intensive 7 day lotion was on sale for 2.49, put it on today after my shower and skin feels super soft and it absorbed really quick, i hate when moistoriser takes foerever to dry in and its all sticky and horrible, this had none of that i will defo buy again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

ilovejames wrote: »
    Typed this out on my phone the other day and it would not post :(

Some bits and bobs i have picked up lately:

nail varnish: essence no. 22 what do you think? its a gorgeous orange colour but its a bit flat looking, so i'm wearing Rimmels n.o 409 Coral crush over it to give it a bit of shimmer .. love it!

blusher: Sleek Pixie pink no.936, i have a couple of Sleeks blushes and bought this one off Ebay it came to about 5euro altogether, a gorgeous pink very pigmented, i apply it with a mac 187.

foundation: Rimmel renew and relift no. 103 true ivory. I always come back to this foundation i usually go a shade lighter but picked this one up for summer, i tried revlon colorstay and it hated me :( I find this foundation to suit me the best, it has a thick consistency but if blended well it gives a flawless finish and it stays on for hours and hours. its around 11 euro.

tweezers: i finally bought a tweezerman :D its the pink mini one because i couldnt bring myself to pay 26 euro. kind of raging now that i didnt get the bigger one because the mini is amazing, the big one must be super amazing. My eyebrow hairs are very black and course and the crappy tweezers i was using used to snap the hair and id end up looking like i had shaved them (someone actually asked me did i :mad:) but with this new baby i have none of that.. love love love.

mascara: Essence multi action mascara, this is the third one i have bought. <3 People always ask do i have fake eyelashes on when i wear it.

eyelashes: the one time i tried to put fake eyelashes on i nearly glued my eye shut but i'm a trooper so i bought chery coles fake lashes they were 6.49euros. It says brand new style on the box, its a white box. they look nice il try them... someday :o

essence nail polish remover , dont like this, it takes ages to get the nail varnish off and its meant to smell like coconuts but it doesnt it smells like nail polish remover :mad:

garnier intensive 7 day lotion was on sale for 2.49, put it on today after my shower and skin feels super soft and it absorbed really quick, i hate when moistoriser takes foerever to dry in and its all sticky and horrible, this had none of that i will defo buy again.

I really want a tweezerman! I have 30 quid in boots points, I was supposed to spent 'em on Dior Addict but I'm not sure now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ilovejames

I really want a tweezerman! I have 30 quid in boots points, I was supposed to spent 'em on Dior Addict but I'm not sure now.

I used to spend AGES doing my eyebrows but with this there done so quick, it even hurts less!! and apparently i can send it off and tweezer-man will sharpen it for free. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Lorrrrraine

ilovejames wrote: »
    I used to spend AGES doing my eyebrows but with this there done so quick, it even hurts less!! and apparently i can send it off and tweezer-man will sharpen it for free. :D

I know, which is great! Love little extras like that. Hmm...I'll consider it :)

I got two barry m nail paint in boots yesterday. They're doing two for 8euro, which isn't bad since they're 5 each. Love the formulation, it's creamy and thick, easy to apply and only needed one coat! Tops rimmel for me which I'd been using a long time. I got mushroom and cobalt blue. They've a really lovely colour selection too. I'll be building a collection :)
    http://www.barrym.com/nail-paints

I also got the maybelline gel liner. LOVE IT! It's so creamy, easy to apply. The little brush is fab. Highly recommend.

Wanted to get the new maybelline dream touch blush in berry but unfortunately all of the tubs were opened. They had no sample out so I guess people were dipping into the pots on sale which is a bit sick! Need to have a look elsewhere for that.

Finally, debating whether or not to order something for elf. They've another offer on where they give you the 32pc eyeshadow palette free with a purchase of 10pounds. hmmm...already ordered the palette in everyday brights which gives a decent selection of shades....do I really need another 32?? we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Sugarbomb

Hello Flawless in Champagne

POREfessional. Usually use That Gal and I think I'll be going back to it.

156065.jpg

Lush Fairtrade Foot Lotion. Absolutely love this! Lovely spearmint smell.

156066.jpgBody Shop Strawberry Body Butter. absolutely fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Realdeal2

Few things from Inglot, love the store, So I bought 1 10 squares freedom palette love it, eyeprimer which is great but nothing can beat up UDPP, 3 individual eyeshadows in round pots, and 3 brushes 4SS for contouring, 6SS blending and 28PO for brow bone highlighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Got the urban decay naked pallet in debenhams (henry street) today :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭EraseAndRewind

some recent purchases ;)
    benefit-smokin-eyes.jpg
    smoky eye palette from benefit
    find it very good so far....the little brush is very nifty and great for getting in close to the lash line .Havent used the eyebrow wax yet but i find the eye brightner suprisingly good-its similar it the high beam tbh

BadGal mascara by benefit
    Great mascara with good buildup and lasts well

Avon ideal shade foundation in Nude
    Very good quite similar in texture/look to clinique superbalanced ivory PROD_1043624_XL.jpg?1289448222

MAC eyeshadow in plumage -stunning colour !mac-plumage1.jpg?w=450&h=337

MAC eyeshadow in noctyrnelle-a bit meh tbh Nocturnelle+MAC.jpg

Avon bronzing pearls
    The best ive ever used give a lovely warm colour thats starts subtle and can be built up if thats what your into !

Dior Blush in passion fruit
    A little bit undecided on this -colour isnt very natural looking on me and its quite shimmerery so not really good for daywearchristian-dior-diorblush-glowing-color-powder-blush-passion-fruit1001.jpg

Dr haushka rosmary leg and arm toner
    Not too sure if it tones but smells gorgeous and seems to help with heavy tired legs hauschka-rosemary-leg-arm-toner11133.jpg

Body shop peppermint intensive foot rescue
    This was quite expensive and im not sure if it was worth it??Smells nice but doent seem that intensive if you get me ?I would expect something a little bit better from the body shopIMG_0227.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Got the Urban Decay Naked Palette today in Debenhams Blanchardstown! :D:D:D Delighted!! Being trying to find it for ages they had loads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Got this Clinique set a few weeks back

http://www.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?parentCategoryId=59001&catalogId=10001&categoryId=59001&langId=-1&productId=629842&storeName=Debenhams.ie&storeId=10052

I've been using it fairly regularly and I've noticed my skin feels a lot better; softer, less dry. I was never great at maintenance routines when it comes to my skin, so I'm really happy to have found something that seems to work for me :)

One word of caution, though; the clarifying lotion (step 2) explicitly states to avoid the eye area. Definitely avoid the eye area! That thing stung like a mofo :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Denisejcc

Great thread,love reading the reviews but cant get to them all.

Apologies if this has been covered before but has anyone ever used this from ELF? Im always on the site looking but haven't bought anything yet.... This eyeliner looks good though and the brush is included

81160_black_prodpage_withbrush.jpg
    Can you let me know if you've had good or bad experiences with this, thanks!:D:D

Also, this thread should definitely be stickied! :o:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

Denisejcc wrote: »
    Great thread,love reading the reviews but cant get to them all.

Apologies if this has been covered before but has anyone ever used this from ELF? Im always on the site looking but haven't bought anything yet.... This eyeliner looks good though and the brush is included

Can you let me know if you've had good or bad experiences with this, thanks!:D:D

Also, this thread should definitely be stickied! :o:D

I have two of them, purple and blue. I like them a lot, I don't wear them too often, I tend to stick to my maybeline gel eye liner.
    I like the little brush it comes with, makes for easy application. I found I had to use a little bit more product that with the gel eyeliner but I'd say they'll still last for months even so. Once on it stayed on and didnt smudge or anything (I used elf eye primer with it) :)

I've been trying out the Seaweed skincare products from the body shop. I got a set with a sample of the cleanser, toner, night serum and moisturiser.

product.aspx?ParentCatCode=C_SkinCare&CatCode=C_SkinCare_Cleansers&prdcode=32582m

The set was 25 euro which I thought a bit steep for the amount you get. It lasted about 3 weeks. It was all ok, just nothing special. I got it because I've been getting more spots than usual lately and I wanted to try something to get rid of them. Did nothing for the spots!
    On the plus side the moisturiser is gorgeous! Made my skin so soft. I've got combo skin and it did wonders for the dry patches.

I had been using the Clinique 3 step before and think I'll go back to it. I think although it's expensive the stuff lasts way longer so you get value for money long term.

Has anyone any suggestions for getting rid of spots? I'm in my mid twenties, feel I should be over them by now!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Cetaphil I find is amazing, I use that and then Bioderma as a toner/to get the last of it. I use it to take my make up off then use Lush products to treat my skin and then a SPF sunscreen as my moisturiser. My skin hasn't looked better since I started this. Skin tone has evened out, spots are gone nearly entirely, even what I thought were hormoanal spots haven't been cropping up at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

@Michellenman, can I as which Lush products you use? I have the ultrabland cleanser which I think is fantastic, but I get slightly intimidated asking for help in there; they're so enthusiastic! Which is lovely, but a bit overwhelming and I find I'm very easily talked into buying stuff :o

I use ultrabland in the evening, removes all trace of make up. Then tea tree toner water after to get the last of the ultrabland off. Angels on bare skin as an exfoliator and sometimes as a cleanser after ultrabland if I've worn a lot of make up that day. I have the grease lightening spot gel too which is good on spots :)

Lush have a forum on the co.uk website, I always ask in there for advice and then go in with my list, otherwise I would come out with bags full of stuff :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Villette

Michellenman, I'm dying to try out the Cetaphil products but I haven't seen them anywhere, can I ask where you got yours?

I recently bought one of the Topshop eyeshadows and I have to say I'm very impressed. I thought the range looked a bit 'cheapy' but the eyeshadow is one of the best I've used. As good as mac for pigment and staying power. And bought it online so very reasonable!

I got in boots. It's not on the shelves though, I had the ask the pharmacist and she got for me from behind the counter :) It was about €16.

Thanks Michelleman!
    May sound stupid, but is the cetaphil a cleanser? Never heard of it in my life!
    I'm starting to wonder if toner actually does anything as well. Too scared to leave it out in case my whole head turns into a gigantic spot :)

• Advertisement

I use it as a cleanser, if I haven't worn make up that day then I use it by itself but if I did wear make up then I use that, then bioderma and then toner. Always use moisturiser after them all. Even though one of cetaphils attractions is that it's not supposed to dry out your skin, I don't always find this to be the case.

Advertisement